Caused A Ruckus

seaspine

I'm not trying to split hairs here, but...

I have wired several gas stations and I had to learn a few things, I have also installed certain Class 1 Division 1 and 2, um, things (leave it at that), Gasoline stations, pumps and tanks do not explode with the exception of the one in the movies that are packed with explosives! All gasoline stations are fitted with special equipment and apparatus that prevents a massive explosion like you would see in a Burt Reynolds movie. Cars can run over the pumps and drag them across the lot and it still isn't going to go up in a fireball.

Gasoline fumes are dangerous because they are heavier than air and they will collect in low areas, this is also why you have to raise your gas water heater when installing it in a garage or utility room that would also store a gas can. Diesel fumes are not ignitable via spark but the fumes from Diesel rise as they are lighter than air and do not cause a whoosh as the air is displaced in the form of a concussion as with gasoline fumes.

MAN ! Is there nothing you don't know something about....... AMAZING !

I'm not trying to split hairs here, but...

I have wired several gas stations and I had to learn a few things, I have also installed certain Class 1 Division 1 and 2, um, things (leave it at that), Gasoline stations, pumps and tanks do not explode with the exception of the one in the movies that are packed with explosives! All gasoline stations are fitted with special equipment and apparatus that prevents a massive explosion like you would see in a Burt Reynolds movie. Cars can run over the pumps and drag them across the lot and it still isn't going to go up in a fireball.

Gasoline fumes are dangerous because they are heavier than air and they will collect in low areas, this is also why you have to raise your gas water heater when installing it in a garage or utility room that would also store a gas can. Diesel fumes are not ignitable via spark but the fumes from Diesel rise as they are lighter than air and do not cause a whoosh as the air is displaced in the form of a concussion as with gasoline fumes.

But Ive seen videos on the news where a gas can ignited in the back of a pickup, isnt that because of static ?

Aw c'mon guys, I'm not rude or nasty about it. I haven't had too many people confront me about it. Just one stock boy in Wal-Mart got kind of huffy at first one night but he settled down when he realized it wasn't an analogue. I have already prepared an answer for the snotty ones that want to start ****e about it. I'm just going to tell them it's a Personal Inhaler that deliveres my medication that keeps me from ripping thier heads off!

ix nay the edication may alk tay :whistle: you want the tobacc.... err FDA to hear you? :ph34r:;)

Edited by icarus

But Ive seen videos on the news where a gas can ignited in the back of a pickup, isnt that because of static ?

Yes, it may have ignited but it didn't level 3 city blocks and measure an 8 on the Richter Scale and blow out windows 10 miles away and kill babies riding in passing cars, now did it?

Yes, it may have ignited but it didn't level 3 city blocks and measure an 8 on the Richter Scale and blow out windows 10 miles away and kill babies riding in passing cars, now did it?

No but the guy fillin the can had a really bad day

No but the guy fillin the can had a really bad day

You would have a bad day too if your truck caught on fire. In my tenure as a firebug I have used gasoline to do all kinds of things (I was a little pyromaniac as a kid), gasoline is dangerous and it will explode, but people like that little old lady freak out because they watch too much TV and walk around scared. It's like I tell my 8 year old, if you have your heart right with Jesus you won't walk around scared all of the time.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! I would have love to just seen this! ha ha ha. I am conservative in the way I vape, but still, that reaction is funny. Yea, I bet if you go back to that gas station now, the attendant is now selling his own 510 kits! LOL dribble.gif