Vapture?

KeithNYC

So my wife and I are waiting for our first ecig order (we opted for the 510) from cignot.com which, by the way, has excellent customer service. I was getting a little impatient today, so after work I walked across the street from my office to a smoke shop to see if they happen to sell any ecigs or liquids. I figured if they did, it'd really work out well to just buy the juice local and not have to wait or pay for shipping.

I asked the manager if they sold ecigs, and he showed me the one starter kit they offered. It was (I believe) called Vapture which resembled a supermini and came with a USB pass thru and a PCC. The price? $125!

I tried googling for it when I got home, thinking this must be the Rolls of ecigs (or just the standard NYC midtown 200% markup), as the manager insisted whatever price I found online for this kit would not be cheaper than their offer. To no avail.

Has anyone heard of this?

-Keith

I once heard from a local supplier that the Chinese will put any name or logo on an ecig if the supplier sells

enough. The guy was a little wacky, so I dont know how true that is. With vaportalk you should be able to find out what that dude is actually selling if you do a little recon on here. Could be one in which the parts are the same as the ecig your getting. It may not be worth it though, the guys attys and parts are probably 20-40 bucks a piece at those prices.

Couple of things here. Remember the admin is ultimately god on the site. I don't need to yell anyones name. Shut up.

I have spoken...;) MUAH HA HA HA :lol:

Second although $125 is high for a starter kit the fact that it comes with a PPC and a Passthrough isn't actually that bad. You figure 50 for the kit, 25 for the PPC and 10 for the passthrough. That's 85. Plus what it would cost for shipping, let's say 5 bucks. There is 90. Yea it's still a big mark up but I've seen worse. Your paying for convenience. I still say he should drop the price, but at least it's cheaper than say Smoke Everywhere which costs 150 for a starter kit with NO accessories.

@SmokingMan

The PT is working great. I use my 801 in my service van. Now I don't have to worry about keeping batteries charged. Thanks again.

@VegasVapor

Yes I know you are a moderator. Don't let the job swell your head too big eh!!! Oh and I had no idea you two could play the banjo.<---That one's for you SmokingMan. :wave:

Crap I thought I was on the last page. I forgot that Chris plays the piano...lol.

Does Sean play anything? You guys could start a band.

Edited by TheGreen

Keith,

I apologize for participating in the hijacking of your thread, I have no excuse, it was just wrong. I'm sorry. Please accept my apology, it won't happen again.

Until...... the next time !!!!

ontopicontopicontopic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@TheGreen haha I wasn't being big headed. Just didn't realize if you knew since you were telling me we better stop before the forum moderator moves this to the vapor lounge. Sorry if it came across that way. :unsure:

@Vegas, No need to apologize. We were all having a little fun.

@Keith, I too am sorry, but as you can see you can get a lot of good info on e-cigs here on VT and have a good time with friends. :wave:

Cya,