Reaction To Nicotine?

learnthingshuman

I got my ecig a few days ago. The night before I received it and vaped I smoked 6 cigarettes, and I do notice what I'm about to tell you sometimes when I've smoked a bit (I'm a social smoker and it's becoming fairly regular). The night I got the ecig I took a few puffs like 3 hours before bed (16mg fluid). I woke up 2 hours after going to sleep sweating, my heart pounding and dizzy/lightheaded. I laid in bed for a while, couldn't sleep and I took 2 tylenol pms. The tylenol pms did absolutely nothing I laid in bed like that from like 3am til 8am then finally fell asleep for a little bit. The whole next day my heart was pounding. I work at a supermarket so I went to the blood pressure station and ran it a few different times the first time it read 140 for my pulse and a low blood pressure, the second time 115 and the third 96. I stupidly took a few more puffs later on that day and now all day today I've had a pounding heart. Now yesterday I might have become anxious about it but today I feel like I'm pretty calm unless something exciting happens then I like explode with stress. I'd like to add that I've drank caffeine daily since I was 16 or 17 and I'm 21 right now. I'm not really asking for medical advice and I know I should call a doctor but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else before.. could it be something else in the efluid? I wouldn't think it would be the nicotine because I've heard nicotine absorption is slower in ecigs. All I know is 5 minutes after I vape my heart starts pounding, and does so for like a day (longer than nicotine would affect my body)

I got my ecig a few days ago. The night before I received it and vaped I smoked 6 cigarettes, and I do notice what I'm about to tell you sometimes when I've smoked a bit (I'm a social smoker and it's becoming fairly regular). The night I got the ecig I took a few puffs like 3 hours before bed (16mg fluid). I woke up 2 hours after going to sleep sweating, my heart pounding and dizzy/lightheaded. I laid in bed for a while, couldn't sleep and I took 2 tylenol pms. The tylenol pms did absolutely nothing I laid in bed like that from like 3am til 8am then finally fell asleep for a little bit. The whole next day my heart was pounding. I work at a supermarket so I went to the blood pressure station and ran it a few different times the first time it read 140 for my pulse and a low blood pressure, the second time 115 and the third 96. I stupidly took a few more puffs later on that day and now all day today I've had a pounding heart. Now yesterday I might have become anxious about it but today I feel like I'm pretty calm unless something exciting happens then I like explode with stress. I'd like to add that I've drank caffeine daily since I was 16 or 17 and I'm 21 right now. I'm not really asking for medical advice and I know I should call a doctor but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else before.. could it be something else in the efluid? I wouldn't think it would be the nicotine because I've heard nicotine absorption is slower in ecigs. All I know is 5 minutes after I vape my heart starts pounding, and does so for like a day (longer than nicotine would affect my body)

I am NO doctor, but I absolutely advise you to STOP vaping to see if the problem goes away. You MAY be having an allergic reaction to the PG in the juice. A pulse of 140 is way too high, and the reason for your headaches, lightheadedness and chest pounding. If this started when you started vaping, put 2 and 2 together and dont ignore the warnings. If you stop vaping, and the problem doesnt go away, then it might not be related. In that case , seek professinal advice immediatly !

You can vape, you just have to buy Juice made from vegetable glycerin. How long till you feel normal? I cant really answer that, it all depends on your body. It could only take a few hours for you to feel normal again. But then again im no doctor :blink:

Edited by Sinikal

You can vape, you just have to buy Juice made from vegetable glycerin. How long till you feel normal? I cant really answer that, it all depends on your body. It could only take a few hours for you to feel normal again. But then again im no doctor :blink:

the last time i vaped was last night... actually a whole 24 hours ago and my heart still feels like it's beating weird/fast. If I don't feel fine tomorrow I'm gonna call the doctor.

MOST allergic reactions last 24 to 48 hours, depending on the amount ingested , touched, etc. Skin allergies tend to last a little longer, but your body usually tries to deal with internal problems in a quick manner as your defense systems kick in. Personally, I wouldnt take any chances, and go talk to a doctor no matter WHAT the outcome. Just my opinion. But you DONT want to take chances with your heart racing like that. Unlike other muscles in your body, the heart CANNOT and DOES not repair itself. For example, i have had 3 heart attacks, and it was explained to me this way. If you lose 8 % function of your heart, it WONT repair itself back to 100 %. You cant unring that bell. Really, Im not tryin to scare you, but you should know these things.

Edited by keenan

eek! I had a bad reaction to eCigs but it wasn't like that, I just couldn't sleep for a few days. I would think that an allergic reaction would take the form of some kind of inflammation, but I'm not a Doctor either. There are a few nurses here on the forum, maybe one of them could input something here.

I REALLY want to cover my butt here, legally. But I am a former EMT. So take my advice for what its worth. But, PLEASE note, it is just advice.

Well it could also probably be anxiety, I mean I'd like to say I'm calm about it but I'm obviously worried if I posted about it.

Edited by learnthingshuman

Well it could also probably be anxiety, I mean I'd like to say I'm calm about it but I'm obviously worried if I'm posted about it.

Could be anxiety. Do you have a history with it ? And if so, is this the way anxiety usually displays itself with you ?

Could be anxiety. Do you have a history with it ? And if so, is this the way anxiety usually displays itself with you ?

I've had anxiety before, never really paid attention to the symptoms but I do know that anxiety / anxiety attacks can make your heart pound, make you dizzy, difficulty breathing. I haven't really had any difficulty breathing though but I've been light-headed, dizzy and had a pounding heart, and I DEFINATELY was worried yesterday.

I've had anxiety before, never really paid attention to the symptoms but I do know that anxiety / anxiety attacks can make your heart pound, make you dizzy, difficulty breathing. I haven't really had any difficulty breathing though but I've been light-headed, dizzy and had a pounding heart, and I DEFINATELY was worried yesterday.

Well, your body is trying to tell you something. With symptoms like you describe, I wouldnt even worry about trying to guess at it. I would definitly talk to a Dr. It may or may not be related to vaping, but either way, dont ignore it just because it goes away. if its NOT vaping related, you dont want to ignore something your bodys trying to tell you

Can you describe your reaction when you thought you had too much nicotine?

chest pains was vapin 36mg mar...cut it down in half with vg..50 50...better, but what a throat hit the other way,there is noway i can vape in the mornin, try to but takes my breath away..not sure why..and then there r batteries i cant stand them

When I first started vaping, I remember having very SLIGHT symptoms, not enough to worry about. I do remember the first vape in the morning hit me like a Camel non filter, I would seriously hack up a lung. I used to think " heck, cigs didnt do that to me". But I think its just your lungs are saying "Hey, what the HECK are you doing to me NOW !" With a month or so of vaping under my belt, I dont seem to have that problem. :showoff:

As an admin and founder I cannot really give you medical advice. But you really should see a doctor and see what he says. You may want to step down your nicotine levels as some people are very sensitive to nicotine. Remember nicotine will raise your blood pressure. In fact until you talk to a doctor, stop vaping.

oh i hav, no so much for the reaction, although reducing the nic level did help, everything i got is broke, need 2 really stable pt's one for the pc and other for the car, for 801, or a 4081, i'm back on analogs at present, thank you for your concern, didn't get too much of that on the other forum....

Well I hope whatever happens you can get off those analogs. Even if it means going on nicorette or something equivalent.

I could care less how Vapor Talkers get off tobacco, just so long as they do it! Whatever it takes we're here for you bud. Just let us know :)