The FDA is on the way

Christopher

As reported Today:

"...The U.S. Food and Drug Administration now seems poised to pull e-cigs from the market because the agency considers them "new drugs.'' That means they need approval from the FDA, which requires companies to back up their claims with scientific data.

"It is illegal to sell or market them, and the FDA is looking into this,'' said Rita Chappelle, an agency spokeswoman.

Asked if that meant the FDA would crack down on the dozens of mall kiosks nationwide where the product is being sold like perfume and cellphone covers, Chappelle said: "This is an open case. Beyond that I can not comment.''

You can read the entire article here: http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/nationalb...ing/ci_11873938

I get the feeling it's a matter of time before these are pulled from the shelves. :(

Perhaps it's time to stock up?

with this many already in circulation with no major ill effects that I have heard of I doubt they will pull them from the shevles but who knows also the comment of it being an open case sounds to me like they are already looking into Eciggs.

this is a shame, and yes I do have a side bet with my vapeing buddies that this e-cig won't make it through 2009. Unfortunately I may win the bet. Now that the price of analogs has just gone up smoking and quitting smoking will get a lot of press and so will the e-cig and where sometimes a lot of press is good - I don't think so in this case. A lot of press brings in the reality that e-cigs are not tested. I do use caution to not misplace a cart for fear my dog will eat it cuz nicotine could kill her. So that being said people will hype that fact that nicotine can kill or sicken a human too - particularly children. Obviously children will not pick up this habit of e-cigs cuz it is out of their price range, but the non-smokers of world are just alarmists.

BTW I did get 3 months supply last week when I heard the price of analogs was going up. I figured the newbies were going to cut into my ease of supplies.

i think this is the same article, for some reason i could not open the first link.

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_11873938

The price on analogs right now is just insane. Plus the tax increase. I think New York is paying 12 bucks a pack! It's at $5.50 here in California but it's just a matter of time before it goes up.

What I'm really hoping is that the study in Canada pull through. For those of you who don't know the Canadian Health Officials are testing the juice and the Electronic Cigarette. If all goes well....Trip to Canada anyone?