KPT2/Bottum wick tanks Leaking/spitting/gurgling issue solved

I have finaly solved my nightmare issues with all 3 of my tanks (KPT1and 2 and my G-50... I narrowed the issues down to the wick o-ring and changing to cotton for juice absorbtion .I just use a tiny rolled up piece. I went to a couple hardware stores and bought alot of different O-rings; tried them all to no avail... My focus with the o-rings was at the bottom of the wick that screws into the bottom plate of the tank. I figured a different ring would work, that wasn't it... I was almost ready to throw in the towel when I decided to double up the OEM O-rings and it works perfectly. I use Smoke and Kanger wicks for this, but would think any kind would work with just doubling them up. Keep in mind you have to use a tad bit more force when first screwing down the wick into the bottom plate the first time, but after that your good to go.

I have put this method to the test by blowing into the mouthpiece of the tank and no juice comes out the wick end at all.. I also put it to the hot/cold test..put it in my pockect while shoveling the driveway and hit it in 10 degree temps, then went back in doors and hit with no problem; where is before I would have a spitting leaking mess on my hands. My hits are alot better with the cotton...I'm not certain if using cotton helped or not but I'm pretty sure it plays a roll..

FYI,I'm posting this info because I known of alot of people who have this issue in hopes this helps people save time,money and frustration.

I would bet the cotton played a large roll in your leaking problem. It probably changed the rate at which wicking action takes place. (Slowed it down).

Im glad you worked out a solution but you may find that the double o-ring is uneccesary when you get the correct amount of cotton on the coil.

Glad you stuck with it! :)