Horrible Tasting Ecig, Normal? Help

poodlelover

Hello everyone I just recieved my first ecig saturday and was so excited for 2wks I could hardly sleep! After using it not so excited, from the first drag till i put it back in the box it was : :thumbsdown: awful!!! Nothing like i have ever tasted and i have had some cheap cigs. Is this normal or the brand i picked? Its called smoking everywhere. please help I really want to switch to ecigs but the taste has to change if I am gonna be able to. Thanks for reading.

Hello everyone I just recieved my first ecig saturday and was so excited for 2wks I could hardly sleep! After using it not so excited, from the first drag till i put it back in the box it was : :thumbsdown: awful!!! Nothing like i have ever tasted and i have had some cheap cigs. Is this normal or the brand i picked? Its called smoking everywhere. please help I really want to switch to ecigs but the taste has to change if I am gonna be able to. Thanks for reading.

Hey Poodlelover. Your question is a tough one. First, you should know e cigs will NOT taste EXACTLY like analogs, because theres no "burn". But, to answer, I would need to know what flavor cartridge you were using. Second, you MAY be tasting a "burnt

or metal taste due to the atomizer not being broke in. Im not too familier with smoking everywhere. I know I have read some good reviews, and some bad. E cigs are really a "personal" choice decision, much like analogs. As there are so many different brands of cigs, there are as many e cigs. I can tell you the Popular ones I know of, that seem to be a hit with MOST vapers, like the Joye 510 (what I have), the 901, and 801. Plus, theres the liquid, or e juice. Before I go any further, give us some more info on the flavor you had, and what was bad about the taste. Then we can try to figure out whats going on. DONT give up yet. I almost did with the Blu cig, and what I learned here at VaporTalk turned me around ! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum poodlelover. Smoking Everywhere was actually my first model too and let me tell you, it was CRAP. I didn't have the same experience as you though. Being that it was my first ecig I tried, I actually liked it..for the first week. I liked the flavor a lot. I was vaping their menthol flavor and their vanilla flavor. But, being the noob that I was I did burn out the atomizer and eventually got that nasty taste you are probably experiencing. I eventually killed the atomizer completely and they gave me a new one. Same thing happened.

Frustrated with the darn thing, I started doing research and eventually came upon this forum where everyone was so helpful. I bought a new starter kit from online, the Joye510. I had issues with it at first, but it turned out to be the juice I was using, Johnson Creek. I purchased juice from other suppliers, dietsmokes and truesmoker. And finally, I got the results I was looking for and was a happy camper.

So, the best advice I can give to you is buy a different model, buy empty cartridges and bottles of juice. Those prefilled cartridges will end up costing you a lot. They are not equivalent to a pack of cigarettes like they claim to be. More like 3 to 4 cigarettes. There are plenty other options out there, but I highly recommend the manual Joye510. It's great for starters. Check out the video that Chris did "What is the best type of ecig?" http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1711-what-is-the-best-type-of-ecig/

He also has a lot of great informational videos for noobies in the "Electronic Cigarette FAQ Forum". I think you should check them out. Hope this helps!

First off poodlelover, WELCOME !!!!

Second, hang in there ! Though I have never vaped the "Smoking everywhere" unit, I can tell you that the switch to e-cigs can be tricky. With any unit there can be an atomizer break in period. Usually not very long. I have read that many atty's have something on them from the manufacturer that can take a bit to burn off. You might try dry puffing (No cartridge) the atty. Sometimes a light dry vapor will come out of it for a few drags. This may also just be the taste of the brands carts... I don't know. There is a bit of a learning curve with e-cigs but if you get through that it will be well worth it I promise !

PM me if you like.

Hey Poodlelover. Your question is a tough one. First, you should know e cigs will NOT taste EXACTLY like analogs, because theres no "burn". But, to answer, I would need to know what flavor cartridge you were using. Second, you MAY be tasting a "burnt

or metal taste due to the atomizer not being broke in. Im not too familier with smoking everywhere. I know I have read some good reviews, and some bad. E cigs are really a "personal" choice decision, much like analogs. As there are so many different brands of cigs, there are as many e cigs. I can tell you the Popular ones I know of, that seem to be a hit with MOST vapers, like the Joye 510 (what I have), the 901, and 801. Plus, theres the liquid, or e juice. Before I go any further, give us some more info on the flavor you had, and what was bad about the taste. Then we can try to figure out whats going on. DONT give up yet. I almost did with the Blu cig, and what I learned here at VaporTalk turned me around ! :thumbsup:

Keenan, you're always beating me to posts! By like a few minutes. I need to type faster! LOL :rofl:

Keenan, you're always beating me to posts! By like a few minutes. I need to type faster! LOL :rofl:

I got lucky here. Ive been off the computer for an hour or so and JUST sat down and found this. I got a houseful of sick people so I cant live on my laptop like usual :doctor:

Thanks everyone for responding. I got the disposable carts in regular nicotine flavor. It tastes like a 25 year old cig and cigar put together. I know its not gonna be exactly like a cig but dang!!! I will try using it w/o the cartridge and see what happens, so you guys think the prefilled carts are not the way to go huh? I was thinking just load and go, when not at home and in a hurry on breaks. :wave:

Thanks everyone for responding. I got the disposable carts in regular nicotine flavor. It tastes like a 25 year old cig and cigar put together. I know its not gonna be exactly like a cig but dang!!! I will try using it w/o the cartridge and see what happens, so you guys think the prefilled carts are not the way to go huh? I was thinking just load and go, when not at home and in a hurry on breaks. :wave:

I've only been vaping for a little more than a month. I was frustrated at first but once I started "Dripping" it really made the difference. You can get some e-juice right here pretty cheap and quick. But again... Hang in there !!!

I've never tried their regular flavor, so I don't know what it tastes like. But yeah, prefilled carts will get expensive. You'd be much better off buying empty cartridges, then filling them yourselves. Empty carts are a few bucks for a pack of 5. You can refill a cartridge 5-6 times. Then 10ml bottles go for about $10 depending on the supplier you're buying from.

I can tell you exactly what's going on here.

The smoking everywhere brand first off is far to expensive. $150 for a start kit is a joke. Second the cartridges that you received are standard and they have a horrible taste to them, in fact if you watch my video about direct dripping you can see my facial expression when I take a hit off of a standard cart. Priceless.

To me the defaults carts taste much like the taste of an Asthma Inhaler, very chemical and medicinal with almost a sweet after taste.

Let me tell you, your not the first to hate the smoke everywhere brand and you won't be the last. Don't judge and give up on ecigs JUST yet. There is plenty of flavored liquid out there which can be used to refill your cart. The taste in fact is very pleasant. Everything from banana to cola. Stick with us and we'll help you find what's best for you. :D

I use my SEG kit regularly mostly at work and I drip if I can or fill blank carts with Awsome Vapor or other E-Liquids.

Have to be carefull dripping with auto batteries you will gum the auto switch up.No more than 2 drops and its best to poke the inner cart out with a paperclip to drip.

Works alot better with the white inner cart out less juice coming up if you draw hard.

Have to clean atty some way whether boiling or washing to get old flavors out but I can get tobacco out by just putting menthol flavors in and using it a while.Mint or menthol will cover most other flavors quick but is harder to get the menthol out without boiing it.

If you only have one atomizer then you have to be carefull cleaning it.I boil mine 10 min then blow out from battery side to get excess water out and bake on foil in oven to dry for 20-30 min around 150 deg.Drip 2 drops on atty or put fresh cart on for a while to soak in so the wick is wet before you use.May take a while to get Vapor levels back but it should taste fresh after.Must be dry before you use or it will not vape right. the oven method will get you back quick.Most just let dry overnight if you do it before you go to bed.

Hope this helps..It was my first kit and I still use it alot.Got new batteries recently my old ones just did not want to come on.Its just not that great of a model overall about a 5-6 on a 1-10 scale IMO.

It makes a good spare set if you can fix the flavor issues..

But like the others are saying the 510 models are alot easier to deal with.