Ultra fires

I'm fixing to be going to the new vape shop to get me a mech mod and RBA. They carry for now the ultrafire 18650s whats the lowest ohms can you go with these? And should I get a kick?. Depending how much I spend ill order me a couple of sony 30a

I have heard horror stories about Ultrafire batteries in mech mods. They say "anything with FIRE in the name is garbage". I haven't had any experience with those kinds of batteries. I started out with Panasonic grey jackets, then moved up to Panasonic NCR and Sony VTC4. EFest are good batteries as well from what I've been told. Pay a few extra dollars for a better, more trusted brand. Don't skimp on the batteries. ;)

I've heard horror stories about UltraFire batteries as well. On Discount Vapors, Eric even recommends NOT using UltraFire batteries in most of the APVs they sell, IIRC. Don't know about the mods, I never looked at the information on those.

You should never use an unprotected ICR battery in a mech. IMR battery chemistry is less volatile, and is a better choice than an ICR.

This is a good page on mechanical mod use and safety.

http://www.vapefox.com.au/mechanical-mod-guide-ezp-15.html

thanks guys for the good info. i got one of them for now. a we speak im fixing to be ordering some sony 30a right now

Don't waste your money on the Sonys, middling performers at best.

This is a pic from SunVapers 20A Torture Test. He was comparing the Sony 30A to the Efest 30A (probably the same battery BTW)

Sony_20A_2.jpg

Ignore the 2 upswept temperature traces. I've marked where the Sony hits 3.2V while under load. Note the mAh at that point. I'll call it 0.260Ah = 260mAh.

Now lets take a look at the Samsung INR18650-20R (22A/2000mAh) battery at the same 20A drain.

SAM_solo_20A_-_1.png

Note where it ends up when it hits 3.2V. Looks like 1.130Ah = 1130mAh. The Samsung manages 430% MORE mAh. I'd call that quite significant. :)

The other thing to note is the extreme and rapid voltage drop of the Sony right outta the gate, it's really struggling at only 2/3rds of Sony's claimed 30A. The Samsung, on the other hand has a nice, gradual drop.

We can look a little harder at the initial hit. The Sony manages only about 0.075Ah = 75mAh when it hits 3.3V. While the Samsung manages 0.75Ah = 750mAh. That's TEN times more mAh.

The Samsung simply slaughters the Sony in high drain/sub ohm comparisons.

You can get them here at a very nice price, from a reliable eBayer.

Samsung Sony spankers

BTW Samsung current rates them @ 22A.

Don't waste your money on the Sonys, middling performers at best.

This is a pic from SunVapers 20A Torture Test. He was comparing the Sony 30A to the Efest 30A (probably the same battery BTW)

Sony_20A_2.jpg

Ignore the 2 upswept temperature traces. I've marked where the Sony hits 3.2V while under load. Note the mAh at that point. I'll call it 0.260Ah = 260mAh.

Now lets take a look at the Samsung INR18650-20R (22A/2000mAh) battery at the same 20A drain.

SAM_solo_20A_-_1.png

Note where it ends up when it hits 3.2V. Looks like 1.130Ah = 1130mAh. The Samsung manages 430% MORE mAh. I'd call that quite significant. :)

The other thing to note is the extreme and rapid voltage drop of the Sony right outta the gate, it's really struggling at only 2/3rds of Sony's claimed 30A. The Samsung, on the other hand has a nice, gradual drop.

We can look a little harder at the initial hit. The Sony manages only about 0.075Ah = 75mAh when it hits 3.3V. While the Samsung manages 0.75Ah = 750mAh. That's TEN times more mAh.

The Samsung simply slaughters the Sony in high drain/sub ohm comparisons.

You can get them here at a very nice price, from a reliable eBayer.

Samsung Sony spankers

BTW Samsung current rates them @ 22A.

thanks for the info willblack.

Your welcome.

Too much anecdotal evidence just gets passed on and on. Manufacturers post some crazy high specs and people proclaim them great. The MNKE 18650 is another example. "I'm waiting on my MNKEs so I can sub ohm vape" LOL. MNKE is just a 2nd tier manufacturer, but they post good specs.

The Sony works OK at lower loads, but I think most would expect a claimed 30A battery to soundly trounce a 22A rated one.

• 3 weeks later...

Your welcome.

Too much anecdotal evidence just gets passed on and on. Manufacturers post some crazy high specs and people proclaim them great.  The MNKE 18650 is another example. "I'm waiting on my MNKEs so I can sub ohm vape"  LOL.  MNKE is just a 2nd tier manufacturer, but they post good specs.

The Sony works OK at lower loads, but I think most would expect a claimed 30A battery to soundly trounce a 22A rated one.

How about the sony c4's? C3 are only 1600 mha i beleave and the c4 is 2000 or more.. to b fear i wish there was a test done on the c4..