Pg Vs. Vg

juniormint

IF anyone has anything to offer about VG e-juice's benefits/downsides over PG, please let me know because I'm a bit concerned with the side effects I have heard of from PG and am wondering if I'll experience them after vaping some more.

Also, I would love to hear from forum members regarding suggestions on where to get affordable replacement parts for a 510 (I know, Arno. But I need WHITE PARTS) in the states along with affordable, but good e-juice in 0mg nicotine. I notice not everyone offers that. Based on what I've read. I'm wanting to mix some coke and cherry e-juice. Sounds Yummy.

IF anyone has anything to offer about VG e-juice's benefits/downsides over PG, please let me know because I'm a bit concerned with the side effects I have heard of from PG and am wondering if I'll experience them after vaping some more.

Also, I would love to hear from forum members regarding suggestions on where to get affordable replacement parts for a 510 (I know, Arno. But I need WHITE PARTS) in the states along with affordable, but good e-juice in 0mg nicotine. I notice not everyone offers that. Based on what I've read. I'm wanting to mix some coke and cherry e-juice. Sounds Yummy.

Welcome....I'm kinda new to this, dear, but I have been doin' a great deal of study on all sorts of stuff. I found a lot of answers from Jeff at wordup-ecig.com. He's got yer white attys (OEM) and he can answer ALL your questions about liquids. He's gotta phone number you can call 24/7 listed on his site. He's also a certified supplier......Hope this helps. Tell him Jerry from Wyoming sent ya...

Welcome....I'm kinda new to this, dear, but I have been doin' a great deal of study on all sorts of stuff. I found a lot of answers from Jeff at wordup-ecig.com. He's got yer white attys (OEM) and he can answer ALL your questions about liquids. He's gotta phone number you can call 24/7 listed on his site. He's also a certified supplier......Hope this helps. Tell him Jerry from Wyoming sent ya...

If you are looking for 0mg liquid, my suggestion is to make your own. The components are so amazingly cheap that you would be far better off. You can get a gallon, yes a gallon, of PG for about $22 online. Then just buy your flavorings at $1-$3 a bottle and you are done. Paying for 0mg liquid at nic liquid prices, which most people will charge, is highway robbery really.

I haven't purchased anything from wordup-ecig.com yet, but people here have had good success with them and free shipping is always a plus. Their prices look good and they have a nice selection.

As far as your concern about PG. Unless you have had a negative reaction to it then I wouldn't worry. Some people are allergic to it or have a bad reaction to it. If you have been vaping it without issue, I wouldn't sweat it. Although, VG is natural and hasn't shown to have any allergic issues in vapers.

Edited by IndyColtsfan

Welcome to the forum Annette. Dietsmokes carries a few different brands of zero nic juice. I've never tried it, so I can't say how good they are but here's a link http://www.dietsmokes.com/categories/BelowZero-NoN-Nicotine-Liquids/

Looks like the Below Zero NoN Nicotine Liquids has video reviews from grimgreen and moobyghost. They're both really great reviewers, so I'd say watch their videos and see what they say about the liquid.

Electronicstix carries white joye 510 parts:

http://www.electronicstix.com/JOYE-510-SERIESATOMIZER-WHITE-510whtatt.htm

http://www.electronicstix.com/JOYE-510-SERIESBATTERY-WHITE-W-GREEN-LED-510mbatt6.htm

http://www.electronicstix.com/JOYE-510-SERIESBATTERY-WHITE-W-PURPLE-LED-510mbatt7.htm

I haven't purchased anything but juice from him, but I think he's a pretty reputable supplier and stands behind his products. If anything goes wrong he'll fix it. I'm in need of some white 510 parts actually and I think I'm going to try him out. LOL

Hope this helps. :gun:

Edited by VegasVapor

Hello Mint! You shouldnt worry too much about PG, its very rare that people have a reaction to it. PG is used in alot of the foods we eat everyday. PG is in food – Cake mixes, salad dressings, soft drinks, popcorn, food colorings, fat-free ice cream and sour cream. It also protects food from freezing and helps as a preservative.

One of the downsides ive read about VG juices is that they dont smoke that well. That would be the only downside i can think of. Either or, i think they will work equally as well.

Here is a link to our FAQ page that tells you a list of possible symptoms if in fact you are allergic to PG. If you have been vaping PG now and having no problems your most likely in the clear :showoff:

As far as your Joye 510 parts you should check out Vaporkings.com. They have alot of Joye 510 colors and parts. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! You are all so very helpful. I appreciate that! I have used my 510 now for the equivalent of 3 or 4 analogs last night and this morning. The only thing I notice really is feeling like clearing my throat a lot. That's kind of annoying as I kind of wanted to get away from the nastiness of smoking (coughing, hacking, etc.). I also notice an unpleasant aftertaste. I'm using the carts in MARL-NONE and some juice that was ordered as "Marlboro" but came as "USA Blend". Maybe I need to shop around and get some better flavors.

INDYCOLTSFAN: You suggest making my own. I agree with you. I was a little bummed that I'm paying the same price for 0 nicotine. What would the ratio be for PG, Flavor, Water? IF that is all you put into it. Is it? I've read about people putting Vodka or Everclear into it. Know anything about that? I always have Vodka on hand (it's my poison of choice) and happen to have a bottle of Everclear on hand too. Never drink it, just tasted it as I'm afraid it'd be like a Rufie (Sp?). LOL.

Another Question: I just read a report someone posted here regarding the safety of PG, which put my mind to rest, but in most of the studies (not for e-cig uses) of PG there was weight gain in rats and chimps.

ANYONE PUTTING ON THE POUNDAGE WITH E-CIGS? I was hungry after vaping twice today. Hope it was a coincidence. But would like to be aware of whether or not this is an issue, so I can make sure to eat healthy crap and not gain weight.

For making juice, just go to your local cake decorating store or a craft store like Michael's and buy a bottle of glycerin. Most of what you find is made by Wilton, the cake decorating company. Then buy some Lorrann flavorings there, too. Here's a link to what all they have: https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

You can drip straight glycerin with no problem and it produces HUGE smoke. It's what everyone is calling VG. Add about 10-20 drops of flavoring per 10ml bottle. I like the key lime! Yum! You have to do it by taste, just like cooking.

As for weight gain, it's a simple matter of energy in - energy out. I don't think you are taking in enough PG to make any difference on that at all. I personally lowered my body fat percentage a good bit because I can do more cardio.

Oh, dripping straight glycerin tastes pretty good, too! :icecream:

Edited by jmhester

i will agree with jmhester....i have not gained any weight since vaping but actually lost 10 pounds!! you have a lot more energy and no lungs filled with crud anymore. now i am not saying that weight lose will happen to everyone but it did for me :) and making your own juice is not hard to do. the supplies are inexpensive as stated in an earlier post and you can make anything your mind (or your taste buds) can think of!! just watch LorAnn's Cinammon Oil!! great for when you have a cold but you can not get it out of your atty!! it is rather tasty though!!

Thanks guys! You are all so very helpful. I appreciate that! I have used my 510 now for the equivalent of 3 or 4 analogs last night and this morning. The only thing I notice really is feeling like clearing my throat a lot. That's kind of annoying as I kind of wanted to get away from the nastiness of smoking (coughing, hacking, etc.). I also notice an unpleasant aftertaste. I'm using the carts in MARL-NONE and some juice that was ordered as "Marlboro" but came as "USA Blend". Maybe I need to shop around and get some better flavors.

INDYCOLTSFAN: You suggest making my own. I agree with you. I was a little bummed that I'm paying the same price for 0 nicotine. What would the ratio be for PG, Flavor, Water? IF that is all you put into it. Is it? I've read about people putting Vodka or Everclear into it. Know anything about that? I always have Vodka on hand (it's my poison of choice) and happen to have a bottle of Everclear on hand too. Never drink it, just tasted it as I'm afraid it'd be like a Rufie (Sp?). LOL.

Another Question: I just read a report someone posted here regarding the safety of PG, which put my mind to rest, but in most of the studies (not for e-cig uses) of PG there was weight gain in rats and chimps.

ANYONE PUTTING ON THE POUNDAGE WITH E-CIGS? I was hungry after vaping twice today. Hope it was a coincidence. But would like to be aware of whether or not this is an issue, so I can make sure to eat healthy crap and not gain weight.

Here is a good baseline for 0-nic juice. You will find that your taste may differ. Also, there is a certain consistency you need in juice that you should be aware of. Before you make your own, look at a few bottles you have of pre-made juice. Swish the juice around, tilt it, drip a little out onto a finger, note the "thickness" and flow of the juice. That is your target.

0-Nic Cherry Juice

60% PG

25% VG

5% Everclear or Vodka (Adjust this with the VG to add or remove throat hit. More Everclear = More hit)

10% Lorann's Cherry

As a rule of thumb, 20 drops is 1mL. So if you are making a total of 15mL of juice, you will use 30 drops of flavoring. If you plan on really playing with juice creation I'd suggest you buy this kit from Dawn at Ecigsmokestore.com

http://www.diyflavorshack.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=The+SILVER+DIY+Kit

It comes with everything you will need to make juice. Buy your VG and PG in bulk. Here are some links:

PG: http://www.revivalanimal.com/store/p/280-Propylene-Glycol.aspx This is the cheapest place I have found and they ship fast.

VG: https://www.lorannoils.com/p-9017-glycerine-natural.aspx Same place you buy Lorann's flavor from. Although I have a cheaper source for Lorann's

Flavor: http://www.shopbettys.com/detail.aspx?ID=108 You simply can not beat $1.09 a bottle for Lorann's flavoring.

Bottles: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=14951&product_id=26360&cookie_test=1 US Plastic has great prices and fast shipping.

I've got a couple other DIY tricks that I should probably get around to posting. But that should get you started down the right path.

Also check here:

http://www.tastyvapor.us/Doublers.htm

They offer 0mg juice for about $3.00 per 30mL. It is double strength, so you even stretch that further with some VG. Their nic juice is only $15 per 30mL which is also a really good deal.

are there any flavors at tastyvapor that you recommend?

are there any flavors at tastyvapor that you recommend?

I haven't ordered anything from them yet. Looking at the selection, it looks like they are making juice with LorAnn's flavorings. If that is the case, they are probably all really good. Would be based more on what you like rather than something I'd tell you I like.

• 1 year later...

the thing i dont understand is where do people get tobacco flavor? From what I can see all you do to make juice is get some pg or vg at the desired nicotine level and then add in some lorAnnes flavoring but I have never seen a tobacco flavor

the thing i dont understand is where do people get tobacco flavor? From what I can see all you do to make juice is get some pg or vg at the desired nicotine level and then add in some lorAnnes flavoring but I have never seen a tobacco flavor

Check out the DIY section of the forum. There are some links to places to get flavorings.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/forum/131-diy-%26-e-liquid-forum/

Various 'tobacco' flavors are definitely out there and mostly at any of the larger DIY SUPPLY SITES.

As for the forever present/numerous "PG VS. VG DISCUSSIONS" out there... I STARTED OUT vaping 100% PG juices over 1 year ago, tried various mixes of the two over the last year, and ended up right back where I started Yes, I know, I hear what you are whispering over there. Didn't this ******-bag have the same damn experience with attys and cartos here recently... when he thought he'd give attys another go in the spotlight... WELL, HE MADE THE WRONG CHOICE AGAIN THERE AS WELL! The main reason for deciding to stick with all PG, I recently had something very similar to that of a 'brain fart' I guess you could say, and decided to try another one of those 'blended juices'! Stupid, stupid, stupid, I told myself NOT to ever do that again no matter what everyone was saying!! And even at only 20% VG... it totally TRASHED the juice that was in my hands at that very moment. The reasons for being "trashed" you ask? For me, it was 'sub-par' (at best) because it was simply too thick for my likings, lacked in flavor and throat hit departments tremendously, and had just an overall "light, strange, airy, and overall poor quality" to it that I simply would never accept. It was kinda strange really... I honestly thought my battery was about to crap out or something. I just couldn't get the thing to vape for the life of me I thought. In the end, it was working fine, just not producing that bold flavor and obvious throat hit that my PG juices had. I have also heard somewhere that VG does not carry flavorings as well as PG bases do. Take it for what its worth!! There you have it again my friends... and always remember, as usual, these are my opinions and my opinions only !! :thumbsup: !

Edited by DAYVAPE

personally, the straight PG gave me a sore throat, i loved the straight VG, but i thought i would try a blend this time around... truth be told im actually considering trying VRs custom blend next time, just out of curiosity....

but yes, the VG is quite thick, and from what i hear can be hard on attys, but im using cartos right now and doing fine