q tip cotton as wick?

VapedMetalhead

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? Did some searches and didn't pull up much. Saw a few people with the idea, but nobody follow through.

I am using the cotton off of a q tip as a wick in my ce5 clearomizer right now...and I gotta say...It is working surprisingly well. I'd use cotton yarn...my mom just doesn't have any un-dyed yarn right now.

I ran out of good coils, It's too late to go to a shop, and really felt like vaping (of course). My buddy happened to have a good coil head with coil intact that he had pulled the wick out of for use in something he was tinkering with...so I just boiled a q tip, dried it, pulled off the cotton, and twisted up a nice wick. I just twisted it while pulling it through the coil to kind of make it skinnier, then let it fluff up in the coil.

Tasted a little funny at first, but I was using a pretty weak juice that had an interesting taste to begin with. Put some Lush Vapors - Belly Dancer (jolly rancher) and WHOAA HO! this thing is hitting nice now...Much better than your typical silica wick that comes in it. I might start doing this to some new coils if this keeps working like it is. Still waiting on some kanthal, ekowool, and silica wick so I can just rebuild heads while I'm waiting for a big order of goodies including a K100 and 24k gold Trident RDA from Fasttech :pirate: ...Darn Christmas screwing up shipping times.

I suppose you could just use cotton balls and pull the fibers apart to twist up some wicks...a bag of them is like 99 cents at Walmart, and would probably last you a REALLY long time. I only had cotton swabs available at the moment.

Anyways, let me know what y'all think. Interested in what people have to say about this. If it's as viable an option as I think it is, then you could really save some money over the typical wicks you can buy. I'll keep vaping this through tomorrow (even after I go buy a few coils and some cotton yarn) and post a follow up as well...I have only been using it for about 45 minutes....

Im kinda new too vaping but very tech savvy. Ive had this same idea as well. Good to hear it worked for you. I may try this as soon as my Nemesis clone gets here. I know, the "Evil Clones"... i dont really care what anyone thinks in regards to my clone purchase. I refuse to pay that much for a modded flashlight, i dont give a damn about labels and logos.

Im kinda new too vaping but very tech savvy. Ive had this same idea as well. Good to hear it worked for you. I may try this as soon as my Nemesis clone gets here. I know, the "Evil Clones"... i dont really care what anyone thinks in regards to my clone purchase. I refuse to pay that much for a modded flashlight, i dont give a damn about labels and logos.

BTW, we don't find clones evil here. Many people own both 1 to 1 clones and genuines here. I know iMedic has both clones and genuines in his collection. I know some people that have the same thing, both genuine and clone RBAs and med mods.

Clones aren't evil. As far as I'm concerned I'm the same way with one exception. The ONLY reason I would buy a real version over a clone is if the performance would drastically improve with the genuine version over the clone, and if it's not an arm and a leg. I wouldn't buy a swan ever (even though it's sweet) because I refuse to pay $1800 for a piece of ******* metal tubing regardless of the hand engraved lines.

Clones aren't evil. As far as I'm concerned I'm the same way with one exception. The ONLY reason I would buy a real version over a clone is if the performance would drastically improve with the genuine version over the clone, and if it's not an arm and a leg. I wouldn't buy a swan ever (even though it's sweet) because I refuse to pay $1800 for a piece of ******* metal tubing regardless of the hand engraved lines.

I whole heartedly agree IMedic. The only have 2 original products that I own are the...the Silver Bullet and the V3Tronix Flip (xmas give from my wife or I might have not paid the outrageous price). All others KTS, electric angel (EHPro), and Nemesis are clones as well as my Trident RDA clone. I love the clones and these days many are performing almost as well if not as well. I will probably end up selling my KTS as I don't use it much anymore.

Don't sell the kts. Just get more Atties. It's always good to permanently pair them together so you avoid stripping the threads due to constant removal. I'm at a point where I'm finally catching up on mods for my attys lol. I regret selling off the ones I did because I would have rather made it so they were paired with an RDA or an RBA. Unless you are looking to recoup the money for a different purchase. Btw the only other genuine mod I plan on purchasing is the poldiac. I have wanted one since I joined here and drooled over UMA's and that's only becAuse none of the clone I have found have been a great representation of the real deal. :)

Don't sell the kts. Just get more Atties. It's always good to permanently pair them together so you avoid stripping the threads due to constant removal. I'm at a point where I'm finally catching up on mods for my attys lol. I regret selling off the ones I did because I would have rather made it so they were paired with an RDA or an RBA. Unless you are looking to recoup the money for a different purchase. Btw the only other genuine mod I plan on purchasing is the poldiac. I have wanted one since I joined here and drooled over UMA's and that's only becAuse none of the clone I have found have been a great representation of the real deal. :)

I know we are talking about mods....but I think someone would kill me if I got an APV or a kicked mech mod for every tank, provided I have juice in every tank. That would be a lotta money. Speaking of kicked mech mods, that is going to lead to me to another question in another thread.

IMedic I guess your right. Now that I am having some decent RBA/RDA's coming in and if I like them I may order a setup for each mod separately. Perhaps EHPro or Tobeco will make a Kayfun lite with some brass accents that would pair nicely with my KTS. That would really rock.