Vamo V2 with protanks. Airflow controller needed?

Drewet88

I just ordered a Vamo V2 and it will hopefully be here within the week. :)

I just wanted to use the poll feature so I added one.

I have a mini protank which has Ego threads and a protank 2 which has 510 threads.

I read that the Vamo can take either threads but that its made out of weaker metal and its easy to strip out the 510 threads. Of course I read this after I ordered it but they said to buy a 510 to 510 connecter and the problem would be solved.

I haven't been using my protank 2 because my Lavatube wouldn't take a draw when it was screwed in all the way and when I backed it off enough to get a draw it was very loose.

Would an airflow controller fix the issue of weak threads and make sure I'm able to use my Protank 2? If not I'll most likely get rid of my Protank 2 and get something different since it just sits there looking pretty and unused.

On a side note I can't wait to retire my LT and start breaking in my new toy.

An airflow connector would help the stability problems, but sometimes it may adjust airflow in a direction don't want, but I haven't had that issue with the KPTs - it keeps the airflow pretty neutral as far as what it is without it.

That being said, just to avoid pushing down the center pin, I usually use my airflow connector that is for my Davide and my KPT2s, frankly, just to keep from screwing the tank in too tight and pushing the center pin down, although sometimes it's absolutely necessary to get a tight enough draw with my Davide tank.

Of course, all of this is just my experience, and YMMV.

Edited by spydre

I have the V3 and use both Mini Davides with Ego connection and KPT 2 with 510 connection. I probably use KPT 2 over 95% of the time. I have never had an issue.

I disclaim however I never had a V2 so one version can make a difference.

You do know you can block 2 of the three holes on the base of the KPT and the Davide ? Both are far too airy if you don't.

I have the collar for the Nova but it makes no difference to the draw it just makes it look nice on an ego battery.

You do know you can block 2 of the three holes on the base of the KPT and the Davide ? Both are far too airy if you don't.

I have the collar for the Nova but it makes no difference to the draw it just makes it look nice on an ego battery.

I know, to each their own, but I find the draw of the KPT 2 to be almost too tight. I do have one KPT2 that is noticeably tighter than the other 6 in my case, not sure whats up with that. I may do some drilling on it to see if I can loosen it up. Its almost like a Vivi Nova, or drinking a milkshake through a coffee stirring straw, same thing lol.

I don't have a problem with the KPT2 being airy, and blocking blocking off a hole in the stem, leading into where the coil is, would be risky. I tried tape, and it wouldn't stick after connecting. If you stuff something in there to block it off, you risk it wiggling loose and completely blocking the center, or you risk it getting loose and inhaling it.

A lot of people feel the KPT2 has a much tighter draw than the Davide, BTW. So if you find that's the case, then yes, you may want the airflow controller (pretty sure you can use that make the draw more airy as well as tighten it up, right?), or if it's too tight, you can drill out one of the air holes with just a slightly larger drill bit.

Brian Carter: Sometimes I use the analogy of trying drink a White Castle shake through a straw - have you tried those? They are just about solid for about 30 minutes (well, okay, less if they are hot). They'll give a migraine from straining (don't know if it's from dilating the blood vessel or constricting it) trying suck it through if you try to drink it too early (yes, that, an aneurysms are a known phenomena from other situations).

Edited by spydre

I use blu tack myself, if you look at the inside of the airholes normally they sit on the threaded bit so they can't actually fall out and if they do it will be outwords.

Even if it did fall to center I doubt you could suck it up through the coil and the center.

If you could blimey I wouldn't say no. Hahahaha

If it matters I like the draw on my mini pro. Never got my Protank 2 to work properly unless I used someone's ego battery so I'm guessing its an airflow issue on it. I'll wait until the Vamo arrives i should get a tracking number tomorrow to see how it goes. Hopefully it works out fine and no extras are needed but if so I'll get an airflow controller or see if one of the vape shops around here will drill a bigger hole, or sell it and try a different brand.

Edited by Drewet88

I use a vamo v2 with both kpt 2 and 3 and the only issue I have is the center pin on the vamo got pushed down so I had to put it up with a tweezer, no biggie

Cool my Vamo arrived today, after using my mini pro on it all day I decided to try my KPT 2 on it. I haven't noticed the center pin getting pushed down but I only tighten it until its snug. The KPT 2 worked great, none of the problems I had with it on my LT. On my LT I had to back the KPT 2 off so far it was super loose or it blocked the breather holes. With the Vamo I can tighten it until its snug and still get a good draw from it, now I can stop refilling the mini so often.

I am also enjoying the variable wattage option and have been playing around with it all day.

The LT is now in the drawer waiting to be called upon again...it's always fun to have a new toy.

EDIT: the answer to the poll is everything's fine, no attachment needed.

Edited by Drewet88