Any Tips On Getting Better Flavor?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a more flavorful vaping experience. Sometimes the hit is so flavorful and you can really taste a big difference in the various e-liquid flavors. Most of the time though it seems like the flavor is kind of burnt and harsh, and this seems to overwhelm the great flavor of the e-liquid.

I have tried the obvious things I can think of. I have cleaned the attys in boiling water and vodka. This seems to increase my vapor but doesn't seem to affect the flavor much. Changing cartridges seemed to help once on my DSE910, but doesn't seem to change anything with my Joye510 (for the record, I usally drip onto the atty and the cartridge). I have tried a couple different liquid suppliers but I haven't noticed much of a difference there either. Sometimes it will taste better right after I drip, other times it doesn't seem to change much. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a more flavorful vaping experience. Sometimes the hit is so flavorful and you can really taste a big difference in the various e-liquid flavors. Most of the time though it seems like the flavor is kind of burnt and harsh, and this seems to overwhelm the great flavor of the e-liquid.

I have tried the obvious things I can think of. I have cleaned the attys in boiling water and vodka. This seems to increase my vapor but doesn't seem to affect the flavor much. Changing cartridges seemed to help once on my DSE910, but doesn't seem to change anything with my Joye510 (for the record, I usally drip onto the atty and the cartridge). I have tried a couple different liquid suppliers but I haven't noticed much of a difference there either. Sometimes it will taste better right after I drip, other times it doesn't seem to change much. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Chris

I dont know haow long youve been vaping, but I had the same experience at first. Sometimes the flavor would blow me away. 3 hits later, almost nil. Now, that Ive been vaping for a month and a half, my tastebuds wake up a little more every day. A flavor that was almost non existent at first, now is stong and consistant, from the same bottle.I have also noticed that switching flavors mid day helps. If your tastebuds get used to one flavor, it tends to weaken. Like if you ate a pork chop, and it tastes great, by the 4th one, not so much. Hope this helps.

I dont know haow long youve been vaping, but I had the same experience at first. Sometimes the flavor would blow me away. 3 hits later, almost nil. Now, that Ive been vaping for a month and a half, my tastebuds wake up a little more every day. A flavor that was almost non existent at first, now is stong and consistant, from the same bottle.I have also noticed that switching flavors mid day helps. If your tastebuds get used to one flavor, it tends to weaken. Like if you ate a pork chop, and it tastes great, by the 4th one, not so much. Hope this helps.

I've only been vaping about three or four weeks. Right now I am hitting some VT Dulcis and it tastes amazing. Ten minutes ago it tasted burnt and harsh. What gives??

I've only been vaping about three or four weeks. Right now I am hitting some VT Dulcis and it tastes amazing. Ten minutes ago it tasted burnt and harsh. What gives??

Sounds like your atty was dry. Or not broken in yet.Or dirty. If it tastes funny at first, but then gets better, its usually the atty.

This is something we are always working on improving. There are a couple of reasons why this happens.

1. Your atty at one point was to dry. You need to vape it out. Although this is usually not the case.

2. If you can, use only one atomizer per flavor. This isn't always the greatest option unless your rich.

3. Switch the flavor up. Your tastes buds, just like your smell, will only taste a certain taste for so long before they ignore it. The more juice flavors you use the better. Use on one day, then use another the next.

4. Atomizers are everything. 510 and 901 atomizer usually create great amounts of vapor, but taste is sub par. Using the Penstyle atomizer is pretty much the only way to go when looking for taste.

Make sure your atomizer never gets to hot. If it does your going to burn the flavor away and you end up left with everything else. Not so yummy.

We are working on create a new juice line which will solve this problem, but that's really all I can say for now. :)

Thanks everyone. That does help. I think I may be getting it too hot at times...easy to do, especially on that 510.

Chris, when you mention the penstyles, which one would you reccomend for the best flavor??

Edited by chrismonk

• 1 year later...

Try ripping out the polyester filling in the cartridge and just direct drip on the atty, works like a charm far as taste goes.

I agree with this. I had a 510 atty and on the fourth day I got this absolutely horrible flavor pulled out the fibers and toughed it out for a few hours of vaping and the flavor eventually went away. As far as flavors I am new to vaping and tend to like either super sweet or tobacco flavors and a couple weeks ago ordered tobacco, ry4, grape, grape soda, and menthol from the following sites:

esmokey treats, mikeusa.com (his juices are all dekang as well as esmokey treats from what i saw), Backwoods brew, freedom smoke usa.

What i found is this:

Vaportalk has by far the best tobacco and grape flavors.

Dekang liquids loose their flavor to quick for me.

Backwoods brew is pretty good but not quite vt status.

Freedom smoke usa lets you have the option to put in double the flavor in your bottle which makes the flavor last much longer and is pretty good, but vapor talk has the most flavorful juices or liquids or whatever you choose to call them out any vender ive tied so far.