How to clean a protank2?

A KPT? It is simple. Take the glass part of the tank off leaving your self with the coil head screwed into the base. With needle nose pliers or Hemos (I like hemostats) take off the top metal cap covering the coil (refer to the pinned post on this board) so you can see the coil. Screw the base onto to your MOD (I use a mechanical MOD for this but you don't need too) The VV/VW have a kick off if you hold the button to long. Hit the fire button to the kick off point and repeat until you see the coil glow. at this point you will notice (if using Silica wick) the wick will start turning white again. I do this until no vapor comes off the the coil, the wick is white and the coil glows almost instantly when I press the fire button.

If you are using Cotton or any organic wick it will burn. Take out the wick before dry burning and install a new wick in this case after the dry burn.

Note.If you are using a mechanical mod to dry burn count to ten let off the button wait a sec repeat as stated above.

I do not do any dry burning, when a coil is gone its gone to me. I just pop in a new one. As far as cleaning the tanks I try to clean mine every couple weeks or when they start to look funky lol. I keep several in the rotation and they get cleaned on an as needed basis by a quick alcohol soak for about 15 minutes, a thorough rinse, and dry with QTips and reassemble and fill. I am sure at times I go a month between cleanings.

Everyone has a preferred method one just as useful as the other. I'm just the type likes to try an squeeze all the life I can out of a coil. I have been told that dry burning weakens a coil, and I can see over time how it is possible. I can say though that I have one coil that I dry burn the crud off of regularly and it has now gone 4 weeks and still vaping strong. I had one coil that the first time I dry burned it, it popped and was done. I would try different methods till you find one that works well for you.