Can I Use Any E-Cig Pack To Hold Other Brands Of E-Cigs?

nemesis

hey i just found about e-cigs today, i'm totally gonna order a kit soon

my question is, can i buy blu cigs for example and use the pack to hold and charge other brands of e-cigs?

i know some are different sizes but is this at all possible?

i'm getting blu cigs most likely since its cheaper.. thanks

Im not quite sure about using the Blu pack with other batteries, id imagine that you could given you know what atomizers Blu uses. One thing i did find was that the blu packs were recalled, here is a post i found about the Blu pack

***IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

Dear Blu Customer:

Our battery manufacturer has identified a potential safety issue that could lead to the overcharging and rupture of the Lithium Polymer battery incorporated in your Blu Pack battery charger. This potential safety issue could cause the Blu Pack to overheat and rupture the battery case. If the battery case ruptures, it could result in combustion of the gases and create a fire hazard.

WARNING!

IMMEDIATELY STOP USING YOUR BLU PACK AND DO NOT PLUG IT IN TO THE WALL CHARGER.***

You should really check out awesomevapor.com they have some really good deals on starter kits. I started with a Joye 510 manual battery kit and i still use it today!! The 510 is one of our favorites here on Vapor Talk. Check out Chris and Seans video review of it here. Before coming to a solid conclusion definitely check out all the other video reviews here

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

First off I wouldn't really go with Blu to be honest. You would be better off getting a 510 and a PPC to go with it.

You can get the 510 here: http://www.electronicstix.com/Starter-Kits_c2.htm

And the PPC here: http://www.electronicstix.com/Accessories_c3.htm (They have them in black and silver)

I am an EX Blu user. To answer your question, a 510 WONT fit in the PCC, even just to store much less charge, and I was warned somewhere to NOT charge ANYTHING but the Blu type battery in it. As for BUYING a Blu, let me tell you, the BEST thing about Blu is the PCC, the product itself is sub-standard. Great concept, just doesnt work. After I got my Blu, and BEFORE I found VaporTalk, I checked out a Blu cig forum. Its basically a b*tch-fest of customers who are dissatisfied, and Im pretty sure its RUN by Blu. The Blu packs were recalled. and last week I recieved my 2 replacements. So now I have 4 PCC's. I cant tell the diff between the first 2 and 2nd set. They said the first design was a fire hazard, but who knows. ONE person MAY have had a problem so they covered thier butts and replaced them all. I got a 510 after the Blu, and its night and day. If you want total frustration and dissatisfaction, get a blu, if you want to vape, get something else.

Edited by keenan

hey i just found about e-cigs today, i'm totally gonna order a kit soon

my question is, can i buy blu cigs for example and use the pack to hold and charge other brands of e-cigs?

i know some are different sizes but is this at all possible?

i'm getting blu cigs most likely since its cheaper.. thanks

As for Blu being cheaper, theyre not. A 510 at awesomevapor.com is actually 5 bucks cheaper than a Blu starter kit. You dont get all the bells and whistles that the Blu gives, but all that glitters isnt gold ! AND, if you ordered a BLU today, thier backlog from the recall and new orders is so bad you MIGHT get it in a month or 2. Arno at awesomevapor will ship a 510 out the same day usually.

Edited by keenan

The blu attys will actually fit (and work with) the 510 batteries and vice versa. However, the polarity on the Blu batteries is reversed from most (if not all) of the other e-cig batteries.

While the atty don't care which direction the current is traveling, the circuits in the batteries WILL be damaged if you try to charge a blu battery in a 510 charger, and vice versa. And yes this includes the PCC even if the batteries fit.

Is there another site Arno is selling from? Paypal screwed him over and I can't seem to order anything, along with the notice on his front page about it. :(

That is his only website. Although there are many other suppliers listed here on the forum that also sell the 510.

I gotta a question, will the 501 batt fit on an 801 atty?

No, they have different threads. You can buy an adapter for an 801 battery that will fit a 510 atty though. It would be the same adapter used to allow a VP2 to use a 510 atty.

I wouldn't use 510 batteries anyway if I could avoid it, they are notoriously short lived.

Edited by IndyColtsfan