I need help with my Zmax mod.

ayers317

I bought a zmax battery yesterday and don't really know what to do with it. The guy was trying to explain wattage to me and how its better than voltage but im not sure how to do that ahh im so confused. i usually have it at 3.7 voltage. i use a carto and it tasted burnt yesterday so I need to figure it out. thanks.post-26357-0-32997100-1382974628_thumb.jpost-26357-0-65743500-1382974630_thumb.j

I have the same issue with my Drunk Tanks on the SID mod with my tobacco juice only. I don't have any issues with my KPT, KPT2 or the Iclear16s I use or other juices. It did not mater what voltage or wattage even at it's lowest settings. I even swapped out coils, same thing... I would say try a different juice in a new cart and see if the same burning taste returns. I normally run at 4.5 volts, 7.0 watts

If your carto tasted burnt you probably need to switch to the RMS mode of voltage regulation. Common complaint easily remedied.

Here's a copy/paste of instructions that likely apply to your Zmax. Look at option 8 for RMS mode.

To access the menu system simply press the activation button quickly 3 times, you will then be able to cycle the following menu by pressing the same button:

1. Uu Adjust Voltage Up

2. Ud Adjust Voltage Down

3. So Standby (On/Off)

4. Uc Check voltage of battery

5. Ds Various Displays Sub-Menu

Do Display atomizer/cartomizer output voltage
Du Display battery output voltage
Dr Display atomizer/cartomizer resistance

6. LED On/Off

7. Voltage Power

Po: Constant Power (wattage) operation
Uo: Constant Voltage operation

8. Change voltage calculation method, RMS or mean calculation

In the event of a fault, the following error codes may appear on your ZMAX device:

LOR - Atomizer/cartomizer resistance is too low

LOU - Battery voltage is too low, replace or charge battery

WSC - Short circuit in faulty atomizer/cartomizer

- See more at: http://www.vaporkings.com/SmokTech-ZMAX-variable-voltage-wattage-p/zmax.htm#sthash.0MuVJLnd.dpuf

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a zmax battery yesterday and don't really know what to do with it. The guy was trying to explain wattage to me and how its better than voltage but im not sure how to do that ahh im so confused. i usually have it at 3.7 voltage. i use a carto and it tasted burnt yesterday so I need to figure it out. thanks.attachicon.gifSmoque_ZMaxV3_large.jpgattachicon.gif510XLsingleCoilCartomizer1-7_large.jpg

well to make it real simple download an app called ohms law it will tell you what to set it at it will calculate it for you for exsample if you have a 2.8 coil and you want to run it at lets say 4.7V it well tell you to have your watts at around 8W hope this helps