RSST with Coffee VG flavors :(

ChrisP

I'm clogging up coils within a week.I am aware coffee flavors will cause this and VG too. Just wondering if my build is at fault for premature corrosion.

Using three wraps of 28 and SS mesh is 350. End up with 1.4/1.2 Ohms. Also did 30 gauge with 4 wraps.

My coils look good and burn red evenly...the ones that I succeed in that is lol. My mesh wicks fine and I've changed it up as well. Thick walled, thin walled, tight to hole loose to hole.

Any help or thoughts appreciated :)

Your wraps sound fine. To test out any ohm/volt theory, you can put your set up on a Vv device, journal the length each volt increment allowed you to go between buildup. Overall, I'd say your setup sounds fine.

The darker the eliquids, the richer the flavor (usually). The richer Flavors tend to gunk up the coils faster. Check out the BACKWOODSBREW website. They have a wonderful grapical setup showing the color ranges of each flavor. This helps us to make an informed purchasing choice. Newbies, without proper backup supply of atomizers or know how, are advised to stick to the lighter transparent Flavors. Once they are confident with cleaning, replacing attys, the sky is the limit. Having RBA, RDA, is freeing as well.

Personally, most of my favorite Flavors are dark and rich, like the caramel cappuccino, etc. I use an RBA and never sweat the gunk buildup like I did with Joye 510 attys.

It can be cost prohibitive, replacing new attys every few hours or days, just because we enjoy the richer Flavors. I really like how BWB shoes the chart. A lot of transparent Flavors are just as rich tasting, without the gunk buildup. Quite a few, actually.

Your wraps sound fine. To test out any ohm/volt theory, you can put your set up on a Vv device, journal the length each volt increment allowed you to go between buildup. Overall, I'd say your setup sounds fine.

The darker the eliquids, the richer the flavor (usually). The richer Flavors tend to gunk up the coils faster. Check out the BACKWOODSBREW website. They have a wonderful grapical setup showing the color ranges of each flavor. This helps us to make an informed purchasing choice. Newbies, without proper backup supply of atomizers or know how, are advised to stick to the lighter transparent Flavors. Once they are confident with cleaning, replacing attys, the sky is the limit. Having RBA, RDA, is freeing as well.

Personally, most of my favorite Flavors are dark and rich, like the caramel cappuccino, etc. I use an RBA and never sweat the gunk buildup like I did with Joye 510 attys.

It can be cost prohibitive, replacing new attys every few hours or days, just because we enjoy the richer Flavors. I really like how BWB shoes the chart. A lot of transparent Flavors are just as rich tasting, without the gunk buildup. Quite a few, actually.

Thanks UMA for the great info, I never knew that I'll have to check that out.

Yeah Uma, thanks! Great info!!

I went and used up all my likes lol. Didn't know their was a Like cap :)