Mini Pro Tanks, Evods, O-Rings, oh my!

spydre

Okay, so last Friday, I got two original mini pro-tanks and two new juices at the new store that opened up. After all the rest of our running, when we finally get home and I'm ready to try out my new flavors, I rinse the mini pro tanks out, and as I was drying them off, an o-ring slipped off of each of them. Waaaaay to easily, to my taste. So, before I saw the second o-ring sitting on the paper towel, I searched the other one up and down for an o-ring the other one didn't have. Obviously, that failed, and then I saw the second o-ring. So, back to my desk, trying to figure out where the freaking o-ring goes, and I finally find a diagram of a bcc that shows an o-ring where my minis currently did not have an o-ring. Great! It took me a couple of minutes of fumbling, but I got the first o-ring back in it's rightful place.

Then I look down at the towel on my desk. The second o-ring is gone! I move everything around, I stand up, I shake out my blanket, still didn't find the o-ring. So I start trying to pull the one I just painstakingly put in place off, thinking I might have somehow put both on. Huh? It's not coming off so easy this time. So how did it come off so easy when I was drying it???? So I handed it off to hubby to see if he could at least move it enough to determine if there were one or two rings there. Nope, only one.

So I commence to looking around again. Finally find it, it fell off the towel and was under my desk, nearly invisible in it's transparency in the shadow. Finally get that one. And fill up my tiny mini PTs.

So, the next day - last Saturday - we went to Better Vapes, and I picked up a mini PT 2. The ring didn't slide off when I cleaned it this time....but as I put it together, I look down in the package, and......there's 2 extra o-rings, just in case.

Now, Evods. Okay, I guess lately, I've been screwing some of my evods down too hard. Because when I go to unscrew them/disconnect them from the APV, they unscrew from the base, leaving the base and the coil in, which I then have to use a paper towel, take the coil out, and then, still using the paper towel, unscrew the base (except last night, that didn't work, hubby had to get the base out for me, and yelled at me for it). So, as I was getting the base for my stainless evod out of my Zmax, what do I find in my paper towel? ANOTHER fraking o-ring! I took three different evods apart looking for where this one could possibly go. I STILL have not figured it out, as it appears they are all where they are supposed to be on the base, so I have this ring sitting in a little spot in my tackle box. I've used the stainless evod since then, and it hasn't leaked, lol. But I guess this should also be a lesson as to not overtightening your bccs to the mods. :)

NOTE: Please bear with me, I may be posting several things in the next little bit, or next day or so, that I've been meaning to for up to a week a more, but haven't had time to, or haven't felt well, or whatever.

Edited by spydre

I had this issue when rinsing off my pt2. It was simple to see where it went and put back in, my wife however lost hers without noticing it, and wasted a whole tank of juice before she told me and I was able to find out why and get her a new o ring in there.

You know, it was sooo frustrating when I was trying to figure out where the ring went on the mini PT by looking at the other one, only to find out it had come off as well....and it came off way to easy. And then, I swear, I had to spend 30 minutes online to try to find some site that actually showed the location of where the base ring goes...and that was more like a general guide to rings for bccs, so I basically looked at the picture, and looked at the base, and said, "Okay, it must be there, then." The picture wasn't even for showing the location of where to put the rings, but to make sure they are in the correct place and not crooked so your tank doesn't leak....some really obscure site, I think. Did it for top coils as well.

The frustrating thing I noticed, on my mini pt 2, I think, once you take the base/coil assembly off, and the bottom ring, there is an o-ring held ONTO the glass by some sort of adhesive. Now, if that breaks, or needs replaced, or somehow gets removed, how in the bleep am I supposed to replace THAT one?