Making E Liquid (nicotine free)

ThisGuy

No, you do not need PG to mix 0nic liquids. Some people like having it to thin out their mixes, get a little extra throat hit, and it is a much better flavor carrier than VG.

However, the flavorings are usually made with PG, so you'll have some in your mix, regardless. Personally, unless I'm making an extract or a 10% crystal dilution, I feel that it's just one extra thing to buy and one extra step in the mixing process.

• 3 months later...

Just made some with coffee grounds and VG it came out strong and black. No water. Put some stevia in it , it is stevia extract and VG already made with no chemicals in it. Gonna let it set a while in the glycerin I just put it in, then try it later. I'm glad I came on here for info or I would have tried essential oils.. Threw that away and now trying to make my own flavors without nicotine. If this works I can't wait to try mint..

I assume you are using VG (vegetable glycerin)....really you only need VG and/or PG depending on preference and flavoring. sometimes getting the throat hit with VG can be a bit tough. I have frequently used a drop of menthol (only 1 drop/10ml). this adds to the throat hit without tasting like menthol.

Alot of trial and error