pro tank wire mesh

scottmadison1

Hey there,i started off by following one of a few videos on youtube. I oxidized the mesh, but after wrapping the wire around the mesh and putting one wire on the outside of the rubber stopper, one inside. then inserting the little metal piece, i thought i was ready to go after trimming it down. when i hooked it up to my zmax, it started out at 2.1 ohm. then on the next try it went down to 1.2 ohm. the zmax will not work below 1.5 ohm. the only thing i can think is maybe my wire wrap is too lose. i was having issues getting it tight. any guess, tips?

...when i hooked it up to my zmax, it started out at 2.1 ohm. then on the next try it went down to 1.2 ohm. the zmax will not work below 1.5 ohm. the only thing i can think is maybe my wire wrap is too lose.

Hard to say. Did you eyeball the coil before you covered it? Did it glow evenly? That kinda drop (or vice versa) used to happen to me when the coil wasn't firmly attached to the posts with Gens.

Wire is cheap, wrap another coil with one more wrap and try again.

Successfully made my first ss mesh wick for my KPT2. I used 500 ss mesh with 32ga kanthal and a 5/4 wrap and topped it off with a little silica flavor wick. Came out to exactly 2.0 ohm. I couldn't be more pleased. It vapes wonderfully and the taste is spot on. Rebuilding these tanks is way better than they come original. Thanks for bringing this up or I would not have known to try a mesh wick.