Steampunk?

Sorry. Here's the link:

http://www.mcdonaldwebb.com/

Steampunk Sparkplug is the full name. I hit it from a banner add here. Looks like JAM (just another mod) to me but it does look really cool!

Sorry. Here's the link:

http://www.mcdonaldwebb.com/

Steampunk Sparkplug is the full name. I hit it from a banner add here. Looks like JAM (just another mod) to me but it does look really cool!

Look closely the starter set has batts,charger,atty,unit and carts ..Just another Mod..To good to be true if it needed no power!!!!

You know, I was thinking about having like some handle attached to a generator so that when you squeezed the handle it would give enough current for a single vape. Seems like I've seen a device with a generator like that somewhere in the past. You squeezed the handle and it set off a flywheel gizmo that spun the generator for a short while. Now that would be the ultimate! And green, too!

Does anybody have one of these? They say no wires or electricity. How the heck can that be?

Looking at the site, the word is "totally mechanical". In their mind having a switch that makes a contact when you press it is "totally mechanical" and requires no wires.

It would be a great idea if you really like running full power through a switch connection that you mechanical break, which is never the best idea, as it will cause arcing ect. However that sort of switch is best left to gradeschool kids and their science fair project. A better system would be a solenoid, Moffat sorta thing, where a small trigger/reference voltage, trips a solid state switch allow for full current to pass.

On another note, it is yet another pipe bomb waiting to happy. CR123 batts again, that come unprotected and create explosions like in the other thread here. The fact that they refer to them as "flash batts", which are unprotected because the protection circuit is in the flash, leads me to believe they are not protected, or the makers just doesn't know the difference.

I would wait until someone that knows what they are doing, beyond machining, offers one of these things.

Hence the reason I only push the VP units on the site.

1. They have protected batteries. Currently the only mod WITH protected batteries.

2. Those pretty little holes on the unit are not just there for the lights. If your battery does goes boom for whatever reason, say a protected battery failure (hope for the best prepare for the worst as they say) those holes will allow for the release of pressure.

3. The bottom cap on the unit is deigned to blow off as well in case of pressure. Hence the reason it only catches a few threads.

Jeso worked in the Aero Space Industry for many years which is why his products are not just hollowed out metal tubes.

Evapers is more than correct when he states some of these customs mods are just pipe bombs waiting to pop in someones face.

Want a better Steampunk for half the price? Super T-2

I use the newer LiFePO4 batteries. They are CR123 but have a different chemical makeup and will not explode. Li-Ion batteries usually explode if they are discharged too much. If they are discharged too much it changes the chemical makeup of the battery making it unstable. Or if they are overcharged they can explode. There are 2 ways around this, get protected batteries which have a circuit board that will cut the battery out if it is overcharged or over-discharged. Or you can get LiFePO4 batteries that have a different chemical makeup that will not explode, and there is no chance of a circuit board failing.

Edited by Xenogy

Great review Moobie! I loved the effects and music you used. I didn't know about the steampunk movement. I stopped at the cyberpunk thing years ago. I did read "The Difference Engine" a long time ago and thought it was awesome!

Once again, great job!