Is the APV bad, or is this from me dropping it?

spydre

Okay, the last day or two, maybe just one day, I'm not sure, sometimes when I push the button on my Zmax, it doesn't fire it up. Has happened with a couple different tanks, so I know it's not the coil.

I'm wondering could be caused by me dropping it, or is the button just bad, and how can I figure out which one it is? I mean, I don't want to contact the vendor and work on getting it exchanged if they are just going to get it, discover it's from me dropping it or something, and charge me $75 for the replacement.

And for the record, according to hubby, it was not in my hand during any of my three seizures, so it didn't go flying. It's only been dropped a couple times, and that's just normal dropping, not flying out of my hand. Like, getting knocked off my desk.

Okay, the last day or two, maybe just one day, I'm not sure, sometimes when I push the button on my Zmax, it doesn't fire it up. Has happened with a couple different tanks, so I know it's not the coil.

I'm wondering could be caused by me dropping it, or is the button just bad, and how can I figure out which one it is? I mean, I don't want to contact the vendor and work on getting it exchanged if they are just going to get it, discover it's from me dropping it or something, and charge me $75 for the replacement.

And for the record, according to hubby, it was not in my hand during any of my three seizures, so it didn't go flying. It's only been dropped a couple times, and that's just normal dropping, not flying out of my hand. Like, getting knocked off my desk.

I don't really think that there is such a thing as "normal dropping" when electronics are involved. I knocked my original ego twist battery over on my desk. It didn't even hit the floor. It just fell over. It stopped working after that. It was totally my fault.

I don't think that it would be fair to go to the vendor for a replacement, when you haven't properly cared for the item. That's just my option.

Edited by edgie13

The Smoktech Zmax is infamous for fire button issues. I have one and finally ordered a Segelei Zmax telescope which I seem to recall from a different thread is what you have. After a few months my Sigelei Zmax still performs flawlessly.

It's certainly possible that dropping anything electronic will create issues though.

I paid a bit more for my Sigelei than I had to but having bought it from Varitube.com I got a 90 day warranty. Most vendors offer no more than 30 days. Wherever you bought yours hopefully you can get it replaced via warranty if it's still new enough.

Well he first thing I would say is was it doing i before you dropped it ? if it was then no , but if it was firing normally before you dropped i and you dropped it and now your just noticing that its firing funny then its probably from dropping it .ive dropped my twists a time or two and the button got jammed on one of them - user error lol . it dingged the bottom and that annoys me too.

Well he first thing I would say is was it doing i before you dropped it ? if it was then no , but if it was firing normally before you dropped i and you dropped it and now your just noticing that its firing funny then its probably from dropping it .ive dropped my twists a time or two and the button got jammed on one of them - user error lol . it dingged the bottom and that annoys me too.

Well, see, it's all relative. I dropped it like, a week ago or so. The first time I noticed anything iffy with the button was maybe yesterday? And absolutely nothing's happened to it after the first week I had it. Hang on, lemme check my dates, yeah, the only bumps or falls happened in the first week, nothing since several days before my seizures (I double checked with hubby to make sure I wasn't holding the APV when I went into a seizure and maybe it went flying or anything like that, and he said, amazingly, no, but from what I remember of Tuesday, he was also discouraging me from vaping when possible after I had the second seizure because when my brain feels skippy (like I'm gonna have a seizure, or like there may be some seizure type waves going around my brain). But since before the seizure, I've been careful not to get into circumstances where I'll drop it, just in case I seize again (yes, that means if it doesn't fit in the pocket of the pants I'm wearing at the time, I carry my purse with me room to room right now until we know that I'm done seizing for this time period).

Hubby thinks I just need to start pushing harder - it's very possible that with the MS, I'm not always cognizant of the amount of force I'm pushing the button with, that I may not be using enough, or pushing at the correct angle, or whatever.

Hubby thinks I just need to start pushing harder - it's very possible that with the MS, I'm not always cognizant of the amount of force I'm pushing the button with, that I may not be using enough, or pushing at the correct angle, or whatever.

Any luck by pushing harder?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so it's getting worse. Sometimes, I push the button, and it does nothing at all. Sometimes, I'll push it, and while I'm vaping, it will cut the vape off after a couple of seconds. And sometimes, even better, it's like the button wobbles where it hits the circuit board, because it throws me into the menu. I've seen a few threads on ECF about Sigeleis and Smoketeks having this problem, and even Vmax's. But the smoketek, you can just shove your finger up there and pop the circuit board back in place. Can't do that with the Sigelie because the battery area is separated from the circuit area by a...well, if it were upright, I'd call it a wall. One guy fixed his by taking the top off (very, very carefully so as not to screw up the wiring) and completely replacing the button. But that's the only fix I've seen on the Sigelei, so I hope to the god I don't believe in that DV will take this back and either fix it, or send me out a new one when we they get one in stock. It's a husband/wife operation, and the wife e-mailed me back and said she'd forward it to her husband to look at, and that was two days ago. (No, I didn't mention having ever dropped it. From my research, it doesn't take dropping it for this to happen, and there is no visible damage to my APV.)

Started a thread on the ECF forums, because for some reason it wouldn't let me reply to the existing thread (yet, it let me start a thread in the exact same forum), but no replies yet. Figured the more people seeing it, the better chance I'll get of someone being able to help.

I own a Zmax v3 and even though I have never dropped mine it is beginning to have firing issues associated with the fire button. Its not just you spydre. It happens often enough now that I have stopped using mine over the past couple of days.

Anyone out there that I have recommended the Zmax v3 to please take note of this problem. I can no longer recommend this item due to this problem unless its get resolved by the manufacturer.

That being said, many thanks to Vaportalk and its members for always recommending to have spares of everything. In this case not a spare Zmax but a completely different device.

Yea i have heard of this happening. One of the coops i was in was for a custom sigelei mini. A few have reported issues with their button doing similar to what yours is doing. Your best bet would be where you bought it. DV is usually pretty good.

Yeah. I don't know how widespread of a problem it is, and I guess when I was researching what to buy, I should have looked up what type of problems or issues they have? But for the most part (other than the button) it performs flawlessly, which is why at first, I really thought it was user error - my issues with my hands. But when it got worse, while my hands were getting better, well.....

If DV either replaces or fixes it, depending on how long it takes, like I said, I'm looking into a twist type device so I'll still have at least VV (although that may be difficult to convince hubby as he just ordered a Nemisis, although I need to order at least two flavors, possibly three, and I'd like to possibly order another one, plus try out a Davide mini, plus get glass bottles with squeeze dropper tips - which can be a slowly over time purchase, but it will help me fill tanks when I have tremors). Then again, if hubby gets his Nemisis, and switches to that full time (although I don't see that happening because he likes the VV of the provari, and doesn't want to get a kick for mechanical mod) I could use that, I would just lose the use of my evods and my mini-pro tanks, as the provari is ONLY 510 threaded, and the adapter doesn't work that well with it.

So that will fix the OP's button problem? LOL

No, the lanyard will keep me from dropping it....but so far I've not found a lanyard that works with the Sigelei Zmax, unless you drill the little hook thing into it, and I think doing that will void my warranty, plus, I can't guarantee I could find a safe spot to do that at. If anyone knows of any lanyards that will know, let me know, please. I was going to post about that.

Okay, opinion time. DV has contacted me, telling me to send it back, of course a complete description of the problem, and asking me to let them know if I want a refund or a replacement. Frankly, I'm not sure which I should go for. I mean, I like it, but what if it happens one month in again?

My innokin iTaste SVD does the same thing on occasion. It will do it for a few days then be fine for a week, then it will do it a few tomes then be fine. It's annoying.

Is the iTaste one of those that doesn't have a separate rechargeable battery? Because the way I vape, that's a must. Also, would prefer VW (does iTaste have that? I'm on my Nook, so I can't have more than one browser page open), and I would also prefer both 510 and ego connection. Not asking for much, am I, lol.

What about the rest of you? Any input on whether I should exchange or get a refund and purchase something else?

Is the iTaste one of those that doesn't have a separate rechargeable battery? Because the way I vape, that's a must. Also, would prefer VW (does iTaste have that? I'm on my Nook, so I can't have more than one browser page open), and I would also prefer both 510 and ego connection. Not asking for much, am I, lol.

What about the rest of you? Any input on whether I should exchange or get a refund and purchase something else?

It has a replaceable/rechargeable battery

The MVP is a solid device and (non-replaceable battery) should last a few days between charges. Additionally; you can vape it while it charges. Also; I have seen non-device specific lanyards that fit the MVP but it escapes me what thread I saw them in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Refund and get an iTaste MVP. Might be a small price difference tho.

The MVP is a solid device and (non-replaceable battery) should last a few days between charges. Additionally; you can vape it while it charges. Also; I have seen non-device specific lanyards that fit the MVP but it escapes me what thread I saw them in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Starting a new thread, because it is now getting a NEW APV if I want to use the credit that DV will give me.