Stale juice revival?

I over did it on the steeping with the last of ky DIY flavoring and now my final product is stale. ...I read somewhere apple cider vinegar added in (couple drops) would save it. .well it didn't seem to work so I am at a loss and about a eeek out on new flavorings to arrive. I know my ratios are good but it tastes dry and totally not like mango..more like. ..well dry (stale). Still puts iff good cloud but I want to know if it can be saved.

Thank you

I'm mostly on the forums to promote vape meets for the Hoosier Vapers club, so I'm at lots of places.

There are enough mixers on ECF that I don't have to answer many questions there....besides, I think folks learn more about mixing by making mistakes and figuring out what went wrong.

I never would have suspected you burnt your mix, but I don't use much heat to mix, so would never think of such a thing.

I'm mostly on the forums to promote vape meets for the Hoosier Vapers club, so I'm at lots of places.

There are enough mixers on ECF that I don't have to answer many questions there....besides, I think folks learn more about mixing by making mistakes and figuring out what went wrong.

I never would have suspected you burnt your mix, but I don't use much heat to mix, so would never think of such a thing.

I am going to limit my heat and listen to my own advice I gave someone on ecf....that heat isn't the important part, the ultrasonic waves are....I just got a new toy and wanted to try it out. I left my heat on and it got waaaaaaaay hot. 50ºc so I am pretty sure I either oxidized the nicotine or burned my flavoring.

50c is what, about 120F? That's not a bad temp for 10 minutes or so. Over that time frame it can do some odd stuff to some juice.

I've got a blueberry muffin recipe that sat in a car at about that temp for a whole day, it became a bitter caramel taste. And dark, darn near black. Nasty. It actually didn't have any impact on the Cuban cigar juice that was there too.

You never know until you know...

• 1 month later...

This the best way I have found:

Heat your water to 150-180 degrees

Turn off the the heat (Very Important)

Use glass bottles or jars (Bomex or Pyrex volumetric flasks work best)

Set the bottles in the hot water

Steep to room temperature about 15-20min

Every 5 min or so swirl it (this will help keep the flavors mixed as they do sometimes separate)

This allows the flavor to infuse into the PG-VG without burning or over heating.

Edited by Compenstine

• 2 months later...

This the best way I have found:

Heat your water to 150-180 degrees

Turn off the the heat (Very Important)

Use glass bottles or jars (Bomex or Pyrex volumetric flasks work best)

Set the bottles in the hot water

Steep to room temperature  about 15-20min

Every 5 min or so swirl it (this will help keep the flavors mixed as they do sometimes separate)

This allows the flavor to infuse into the PG-VG without burning or over heating.

Is this something u should do for all diy juices?