Genesis Micro-Coils?

Rixter

I've been hearing a lot of chatter lately in the RBA community about micro-coils.

For the uninformed, micro-coil means lots of wraps (10 or more) with the coils touching each other. Apparently, these touching wraps have the effect of counterbalancing the added resistance of the extra length of wire, which results in a coil resistance that isn't as high as it would be with separated coils of the same length of wire. The benefit is supposed to be more surface area of heating element, which means more vaporized juice at any given moment, which means more flavor.

I've seen a lot of pictures of micro-coils on RDAs, but not much on Genesis RBAs, so I've been wondering if anybody here has had any experience with using micro-coils around a stainless steel Genesis wick.

Cotton-Cloud-300x215.png

Micro-coils on RDA

The 'micro coil' thing is interesting.

Seems Cisco of Avid has been at it a long time.

Avid_Aero_ta4m84.jpg

The HH 357 atty looks about the same.

Seems that Petar K also came damn close with his method.

slika0437.jpg

He was also the first to champion unoxidized SS wick.

Edited by WillBlack

I was unclear.

The pic is of Avid's bridgeless Aero atty.

That's why I said about the same.

My mistake. I thought you meant "about the same" as the pic in my original post.

I haven't tried them yet, which is surprising when you stop to consider how much I love more wraps on my gennys. I've always liked lots of coils to hold the juice. I'm not much into the sub-zero ohms, 0.8ohm is as low as I am comfortable going, just too much vapor. I like tons of flavor and lots of vapor. Once I pick up an RM2 for my Reo's, I'll for sure do the micro-coils with cotton wicks. I hear nothing but good about those. Will I attempt it on my genny? I really don't know. I'm kinda happily stuck in a rut...

GMTA! I just finished watching Rip's tutorial. Good one to learn from, he did an awesome job of it, best tutorial out there so far. Even love his new (to me) background. Great editing skills there Rip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagnsVTWbdg

I watched another vid by another kid, but it was 30minutes long, but he does use the SS cable, with a mesh diaper, and it works great (jfyi)

• 2 weeks later...