Question for ProVari owners...

I just ordered this ProVari kit a couple of days ago and had a couple of questions while I'm waiting on it to arrive (the wait is killing me!).. Apparently it comes with two 18490 batteries, but you can also get an extension cap and use 18650s. My questions are:

1) Can you charge the 18650s in the same charger for the 18490s or will I need a different charger?

2) How much longer do the 18650s last? Are they worth getting?

3) The kit I ordered comes with a Kanger Protank. Are those pretty good?

Also, how do you guys like your ProVari? It seems to get a lot of good reviews but I also see a lot of other folks saying that its over hyped.

Edited by Rattlehead

1. Yes

2 I don't own a provari, but 18650s get me 2.5-3 days on my tesla, and 3-3.5 days on my evic, if I remember to sleep it at night.

3. KTPs are a great product, but some like a little tighter draw, and don't care for the metal,, but still a great tank

Love my provari! As a matter of fact, its getting upgraded from V1 to V2 as we speak. For me it feels and tastes like a smoother vape then any other mods other then my vmod, different story, different day. That charger will charge 18650. If you buy additional batteries ensure you get button top. Flat tops will not work in a Provari.

For me 18650's will last all day and into the next, however i put a fresh battery in my mods every morning regardless of charge, except the Evic because it has a good visual listing of charge left. But i have 20+ batteries to rotate through my mods so its a non issue for me. I always carry a spare battery tho. When i go to work i have at least three mods with me.

The KTP is a good tank. I used them for awhile before i switched to carto tanks exclusively. You can tighten the draw a touch by changing out the PT heads for evod heads.

Enjoy your Provari, its a fine mod.

Thanks for the replies. In that case, I'll have to order a few 18650s and the little extension cap.

Tracking says it should arrive tomorrow.. I'll be waiting by the mailbox! :)

I got a Provari (V1, original) just about 2 weeks ago from a friend. He let me borrow an 18490 battery until I got my own batteries. I found with that battery I would get between 3-4 hours of normal vaping, less if I vaped heavily. I acquired 2 18650 button top batteries about a week later, and those are MUCH better - I can get almost a full day out of them, maybe more. The charger I got from a local battery shop was designed for the 18650's but it's spring loaded and charged the 18490 just fine. I have 2 of the 18650's I can rotate between, so there is always one in the Provari and one usually in the charger, or in most cases, fully charged ready to go. For less than $10 each, definitely get at least 2 so you're never dead in the water!