Hybrid Elite Mod by Rainbow Heaven

So how are you making out with this after a few weeks? Almost pulled the trigger thursday night.

I love it. The only modification I've made was to open up the air hole slightly using a dental pick because it was just a little too small. Other than that, it's been a real pleasure to use.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger! $48.26 shipped!

You won't be sorry. I'm gonna be buying a couple more in different colors soon.

Got it yesterday. Got a pretty nasty voltage drop that appears to be because of the crappy spring in the switch. I'll be getting a brass screw to replace the spring in the battery compartment, Which should make it beastly.

Got it yesterday. Got a pretty nasty voltage drop that appears to be because of the crappy spring in the switch. I'll be getting a brass screw to replace the spring in the battery compartment, Which should make it beastly.

I came up with a very simple fix for your switch that is so easy it's scary.

The spring that makes contact with the bottom of the battery has way to much resistance, so you have to bypass it. Take the top metal piece out of a CE5 clearo head and sand down the short end (not the pointed end) flush with the flange. Press the pointed end into the top of the switch spring and you're done. When you snug your tubes down with the battery inside, it makes direct contact between the negative side of the battery and the spring floor plate.

gallery_15088_188_1997.jpg

Before & after sanding using 220 grit sandpaper on a flat suface (it took about 30 seconds).

gallery_15088_188_10480.jpg

The little curl-back in the top of the spring holds the bypass firmly in place so it doesn't fall out when you change out batteries.

Massive improvement!!!

*EDIT*

Since not all batteries are exactly the same length, I'd sand a little off at a time, periodically checking to see if your tubes will snug down all the way using your particular battery. In order for this to work properly, you'll need to sand off just enough for your tube seams to close all the way, effectively bypassing the spring and making good contact with the spring floor plate when snugged down.

Edited by Rixter

I picked up a pack of brass chicago screws to fix this issue. Pics once i get it installed. Have to file it down a bit to fit.

I saw that mod elsewhere, but figured I'd use something from the spare parts bin before I bought Chicago screws. I'm not getting any voltage drop at all now...at least none that my meter is detecting.

Finally got all my stuff together and some free time. Gonna see if i can't get my switch fixed up and working. I also got various sizes of Ekowool, hollow and solid as well as some XS-116 to try out. Hopefully be rocking tonight.

I used just the female end of the chicago screw, cut it and ground it down a bit. I used the spring from the old part to keep the adjustable portion of the switch. I have buttontop and flat tops i use. I didn't like the idea of the screw. I prefer the spring. I'll be replacing it with a brass spring as soon as i get one.

null_zps22baa66a.jpg

null_zps9e145d56.jpg

Coil doesn't look the best. I wrapped it quick with the included mesh with 28g. Still not to great at wrapping on mesh. Just wanted to get it up and going. Pulsed it out put in some diy apple caramel and hit it up! Next up i'm gonna open up the airhole a touch.

null_zpscf7f7420.jpg

null_zps571eb9a7.jpg

null_zps1f7d9ece.jpg

Edited by Proetus

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines