mechanical mod vs VV/VW

I love mech mods because since there's no circuitry, they're perfect for providing unregulated power to rebuildable atomizers (RBAs), but for a first mod, I'd highly recommend the Sigelei Zmax Flat Top Telescope VW. VariTube.com has a complete starter kit for $84.95 shipped.

sigelei%20new%20invention%20Z-MAX%20V3-5

Edited by Rixter

My first mod was a mech. But, then again, I am one of the few people who just do not get variable voltage. Variable wattage makes sense...just set it, and let the chip do the calculating for you.

But, if you can figure out how to fine-tune your setup by adjusting the volts in 1/10th increments after checking your resistance, and either consulting a chart, or memorizing the table based on what resistances are offered for any given device....then you can most definitely figure out how to rebuild a no-brainer genesis like a RSST using a silica wick, or any dripping setup out there.

You'll end up with both a VV/VW and a Mechanical Mod in the end anyway. Trust me. :)

I'm not familiar with the Blade Slide mod, nor the SID, so I can't recommend either one. (doesn't mean I don't, just means I can't).

If you go for a Mechanical Mod, make sure it is completely wire and sauter free.

Personally? For your first ever Mod, I would go with a VV or VW or combo of the two, that has all the safety features built right in. If your atty is shorted, it won't turn on and vape. If your batteries are low, it won't vape. They also give a readout of your battery level, your ohms, your volts... they're pretty darn sweet for learning the concepts that go with vaping.

The Provari is just VV, but it is the safest, most durable, handiest mod out there. Even folks with chronic CRS, like me!, can use it really easy. (CRS? = can't remember "stuff"). It is so straight forward it's ridiculous. Plus, they are made and sold right here in America, which means, that if it ever needs fixing, you'll have it back in 2 weeks time or less, and the shipping will only be 5 bucks. (if you have to ship it overseas, you're looking at ... might as well just buy another one, it'd be faster and cheaper).

Hope this helps you decide. I'm sorry I don't know the ones you've set your heart on atm.

If I find time later, I'll try to research both of those for you.

I know the iTaste VV, V3 is pretty sweet. I don't know it's lifespan, or what problems may come up, if they're fixable or not, so I can't recommend them as a tried and true last for 6 months at least 40 dollar kit, but other than that, I certainly do recommend them. :)

I like the SID and the blade slide. My buddy at work just bought the SID and a fellow vaper here in town has the slide and i will say this. Ease of use definitely start with the SID. If you want just a BAMF looking mod... go with the blade. I like them both but the blade is hard to get used to. Sliding the two chambers apart while driving would be an issue too. :)

I love mech mods because since there's no circuitry, they're perfect for providing unregulated power to rebuildable atomizers (RBAs), but for a first mod, I'd highly recommend the Sigelei Zmax Flat Top Telescope VW.  VariTube.com has a complete starter kit for $84.95 shipped.

Posted Image

I just got mine, with a Protank it rocks. Though I feel like Luke Skywalker when I'm walking around the house vaping, lol.