USPS Priority Mail delivered, but where was it delivered?

I pulled my mail out of my mailbox today, along with the typical bills and junk mail, I received a small USPS Priority Mail envelope. Now, normally a Priority Mail envelope is very exciting for me. But when the Priority Mail envelope is clearly addressed to someone else, it looses all the excitement.

Most likely though, a one 'Mary Margaret XXXXXXXX, who lives 3 blocks away from me, is questioning the efficiency of our letter carrier. And, if it wasn't midnight, I would walk 3 blocks south and put her mind at ease.

I checked the tracking number and it shows 'Delivered' yesterday. OK, I forgot to check the mail yesterday, and I didn't think to check it today until midnight. Trust me, its not the only thing I'm a 'little' behind on, but that's another story. I'll have my daughter walk it down tomorrow, after I call my local post office and clue them in on this mistake.

The sender is the 'U.S. Government Official Mail, U.S. Custom House' and it feels like there might be a passport inside the envelope. Either our government or Mary Margaret paid extra for Priority Mail. Exactly what did they pay extra for? As far as the USPS is concerned, the envelope was 'Delivered'. And, they have proof, because the letter carrier scanned the bar code before placing it in 'my' mailbox. How do I know this, because something similar has happen to me... more than once.

I was impatiently waiting for vape mail and according to a tracking update, my package had been delivered. I called the post office to let them know that I had not received the package. According to the post office manager, my package had been delivered and he told me the date and time. I informed him that the package may have been delivered on the day and time recorded, but that it wasn't delivered here. He told me that he would check with the letter carrier and get back with me. 24 hours later I had not heard back from the post office, so I called the manager back. He apologized for not getting back to me, but that he did ask the letter carrier about the package and she reported that the package had been delivered. So I checked with my neighbors to see if, my chance, my package had been delivered to them. No luck! I live on S. Main St and 1 block north is N. Main St. On a whim, I decided to walk to the same number house on N. Main St. to see if, by chance, they received my package. Sure enough, the little old man who lives at the same number house on N. Main St. had my package. Since he didn't notice a name different than his, or that the address was different, he had opened the package. But, he did wonder why someone was sending him small bottles of liquid air fresheners. He wasn't able to read the labels on the bottles, or he would have know that the small bottles of liquid was e-juice. He was so sorry and I kinda felt sorry for him. He was willing to put everything back in the box and tape it back up, LOL. I assured him that it wouldn't be necessary and that there was no harm done.

When I got back home I called the post office manager and relayed the story. All he could say was that he would let the letter carrier know about the mistake. Well, that really eased any concerns I had about my mail being delivered elsewhere.

I know that we still have the same letter carrier, because I can hear her talking on her cell phone when she delivers my mail. Its just a thought, but if the letter carrier would wait until her break to catch up on the latest and greatest with her friends or family, our mail might get delivered to the right address.

God bless the letter carriers. They have to endure the weather of the day, plan bathroom breaks, and irresponsible pet owners. But for Pete's sake, please at least pay more attention where you are delivering tracked mail, because when you scan the package as being delivered, the consumer doesn't have a leg to stand on. Once scanned, it is the gospel truth :wallbash:

Edited by Sharon

I get other peoples' mail maybe once every month or so. Some is for a different address on my street, some addressed to a totally different street. One of my letter carriers is also constantly on her cell phone. In fact I've never seen her not talking on her cell phone. Just like distracted driving, I'm pretty sure the distraction is responsible for mistakes here and there.

I don't know what the work rules are for the USPS. I'd like to think such things are prohibited but in this country today I just don't know.

Fortunately none of my mail has gone astray - yet. Odds are though that the day is coming.

I get other peoples' mail maybe once every month or so. Some is for a different address on my street, some addressed to a totally different street. One of my letter carriers is also constantly on her cell phone. In fact I've never seen her not talking on her cell phone. Just like distracted driving, I'm pretty sure the distraction is responsible for mistakes here and there.

I don't know what the work rules are for the USPS. I'd like to think such things are prohibited but in this country today I just don't know.

Fortunately none of my mail has gone astray - yet. Odds are though that the day is coming.

Or maybe it has and you are just not aware of it.

I don't normally knock on a neighbors door to return mail unless I know them on a speaking basis.otherwise it just goes in the right mailbox.

I live in a very small town of 3000. So knocking on a neighbors door is not as life threatening as a larger city. Here, the worse thing you might get is a homemade blueberry muffin. I don't particularly care for blueberry muffins, LOL :no

I live in a very small town of 3000. So knocking on a neighbors door is not as life threatening as a larger city. Here, the worse thing you might get is a homemade blueberry muffin. I don't particularly care for blueberry muffins, LOL :no

My town is not so small but I live in a neighborhood of decent working class folks so I don't hesitate to knock on doors. Unfortunately I've yet to get a muffin offer though. Now I'm feeling a bit deprived.

My town is not so small but I live in a neighborhood of decent working class folks so I don't hesitate to knock on doors. Unfortunately I've yet to get a muffin offer though. Now I'm feeling a bit deprived.

Sometimes it helps to say "Oh, something smells good". :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...