Dse 103 ?

jonnoh

Hi, I'm Jon from Malaysia and I just yesterday received my second "first" starter kit, a DSE 103 from a terrible company in China called Lite in the Box. The real first starter kit I received was a DSE 801 from Johor Baru Malaysia (a day away from me by car and 2 by train the last time I went). Anyway I had ordered the 103 more than a month before, and nothing received despite so many online chats with the company, so many unanswered emails, so many problems just paying them. They said they take credit cards, but no button to access that function on their site, they give 7% discount with western union payment, so I held my breath and ordered.... What a nightmare... They informed my my name was wrong, requested my address countless times, they finally took my money and sent nothing. Now as it stands, on their site, my order is still "processing" yet the order finally showed up yesterday..... Anyway, I meanwhile googled ecigs malaysia and found a local (Days drive) supplier who only sells one type and says that is why his product and service can be outstanding and consistant, as well as tailored to the Malaysian smoker. This is my DSE 801. I ordered, and received the product promptly and was so impressed, ( while still waiting for Lite in the @@###%^%Box). I opened it up and it was packed exactly as promised, so I figured the least I could do was try to use due diligence and wait the bloody 12 hours to charge the batteries. I was dying for my first hit. But I waited, and finally put the thing together and got a little bit of vapour, nothing to write home about. Actually, it was very disappointing.... So I tried to learn more, and looked at demos on youtube, and was so impressed with their results on screen, so maybe it was my sucking technique????? I mimicked the demonstrators, got nothing. I promise it's not my sucking skill.... I am a *** man and a long time smoker, so I think I am qualified. Once again, anyway, I received the DSE 103 and it has by comparison to the 801, awesome vapour, but the cartridges don't last very long. I bought 200 of them as a promotion with the 103. I was and am so naive about this wonderful new so very cool vaping thingy, and learning as fast as I can. Finally, what is wrong with my very expensive by Malaysian standards 801? Why don't I see any review of the 103? Did I buy a pig in a poke? Honestly, my research consisted of finding a e cig that looked like a cig, was real cheap, and came with lots of cartridges. Btw, what's an "ATTY" I normally can't figure out 3 letter acronyms, so imagine my problem with this one. Thanks for listening, and in advance for any advice, and for having this forum.

Jon

Welcome to the forum Jon. Not to worry, we've all been through our share of drama with these things and suppliers. You're not alone. I don't know anything about the 103 so I can't really help you there.

Atty actually isn't an acronym, it's just short for atomizer.

As for the DSE 801, it requires a pretty long break-in period before you start seeing it's full potential. I'd say a couple hours of vaping and you'll start to see more vapor. I had an atty that took a whole day to break in. It has a longer breakin period than most atomizers, but it does produce great vapor. So try breaking it in and let us know the results.

If you need anymore help with anything we're all here for you. This forum is great and everyone here is very helpful. Happy vaping!

Welcome Jon!!! So being from Malaysia, can you order from the US or Europe or does it have to be the pacific rim? I had a bunch of problems with the 801s until I found a great place to order the attys (atomizers). The atomizer is the key. It is the part that cooks the juice and makes the vapor.

Can I assume this is what you ordered?

http://www.lightinthebox.com/Mini-Electronic-cigarette-DSE103-with-High-purity-Nicotine-Diluents-and-Efficacies-CE-and-RoHS-SGS--NEW--_p51149.html

I can't speak to whether you got ripped off or not, but maybe someone else can comment on what the e-cig really is.

Looks similar to a m401 knockoff, but don't quote me on that.

Did I buy a pig in a poke?

:wtf: I don't know what this means but I am going to start using it nonetheless...lol

As VegasVapor said the 801 atomizer takes a while before it will produce the kinds of vapor you see in the videos, so keep on trying and good luck!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Actually the DSE103 has been around for quite a while. It's pretty much an RN4081 with a raised atomizer.

Although I've never actually used one, I'm pretty sure it's the same as the M401 but without the stupid "microphone" switch. In other words it doesn't just turn when it "hears" noise.

Hi, I'm Jon from Malaysia and I just yesterday received my second "first" starter kit, a DSE 103 from a terrible company in China called Lite in the Box. The real first starter kit I received was a DSE 801 from Johor Baru Malaysia (a day away from me by car and 2 by train the last time I went). Anyway I had ordered the 103 more than a month before, and nothing received despite so many online chats with the company, so many unanswered emails, so many problems just paying them. They said they take credit cards, but no button to access that function on their site, they give 7% discount with western union payment, so I held my breath and ordered.... What a nightmare... They informed my my name was wrong, requested my address countless times, they finally took my money and sent nothing. Now as it stands, on their site, my order is still "processing" yet the order finally showed up yesterday..... Anyway, I meanwhile googled ecigs malaysia and found a local (Days drive) supplier who only sells one type and says that is why his product and service can be outstanding and consistant, as well as tailored to the Malaysian smoker. This is my DSE 801. I ordered, and received the product promptly and was so impressed, ( while still waiting for Lite in the @@###%^%Box). I opened it up and it was packed exactly as promised, so I figured the least I could do was try to use due diligence and wait the bloody 12 hours to charge the batteries. I was dying for my first hit. But I waited, and finally put the thing together and got a little bit of vapour, nothing to write home about. Actually, it was very disappointing.... So I tried to learn more, and looked at demos on youtube, and was so impressed with their results on screen, so maybe it was my sucking technique????? I mimicked the demonstrators, got nothing. I promise it's not my sucking skill.... I am a *** man and a long time smoker, so I think I am qualified. Once again, anyway, I received the DSE 103 and it has by comparison to the 801, awesome vapour, but the cartridges don't last very long. I bought 200 of them as a promotion with the 103. I was and am so naive about this wonderful new so very cool vaping thingy, and learning as fast as I can. Finally, what is wrong with my very expensive by Malaysian standards 801? Why don't I see any review of the 103? Did I buy a pig in a poke? Honestly, my research consisted of finding a e cig that looked like a cig, was real cheap, and came with lots of cartridges. Btw, what's an "ATTY" I normally can't figure out 3 letter acronyms, so imagine my problem with this one. Thanks for listening, and in advance for any advice, and for having this forum.

Jon

Welcome to the forum Jon, before buying another "Starter Kit" do the research here and watch all of the videos. If you are able to order things from the US then consider a VP unit from VaprLife.com unit with a Low Bridge Atomizer (Atty) form AwesomeVapor.com and some Vapor Talk Juice from dietSMOKES.com. All together it would be about $150.00 USD before shipping. Or if you can't order from the US maybe you might know someone in the US or who travels to the US, who could order it for you and send it to you.

You really seem to have a grasp of the English language, are you an American overseas or are you a Native Malaysian?

However Welcome to Vapor Talk, you will find everyone here helpful and informative.

:wtf: I don't know what this means but I am going to start using it nonetheless...lol

Note to Minkus:

A poke is a burlap sack, if the pig is in the burlap sack then you can't see it. Buying a pig in a poke is buying something sight unseen and generally getting a cat instead of a pig. It's a "Southern Thang"!

Edited by TheSmokingMan

Lol... I'm from Texas originally, unfortunately met a very nice, sweet girl form Okieland, now I live here. I have never heard this before though, thanks for everybody giving me the heads up. ;)

I used to live in Elk City, but that was before (keeping on topic) I started vaping and had ever heard of a DSE103!

Edited by TheSmokingMan

Welcome to the forum Jon, before buying another "Starter Kit" do the research here and watch all of the videos. If you are able to order things from the US then consider a VP unit from VaprLife.com unit with a Low Bridge Atomizer (Atty) form AwesomeVapor.com and some Vapor Talk Juice from dietSMOKES.com. All together it would be about $150.00 USD before shipping. Or if you can't order from the US maybe you might know someone in the US or who travels to the US, who could order it for you and send it to you.

You really seem to have a grasp of the English language, are you an American overseas or are you a Native Malaysian?

However Welcome to Vapor Talk, you will find everyone here helpful and informative.

Note to Minkus:

A poke is a burlap sack, if the pig is in the burlap sack then you can't see it. Buying a pig in a poke is buying something sight unseen and generally getting a cat instead of a pig. It's a "Southern Thang"!

Thanx, for noting my grasp of English, as I was raised in Connecticut, I'd better at least have a clue :) I teach English as a second language in Malaysia mostly to foreigners to Malaysia, and have for about 5 years