If I Were President

Ok - this one will be interesting, I think. If you were President, what kind of changes would you make in this country. Who would you put in your cabinet, i.e. Vice President, Sec. Of State, etc. They can be ANYONE, living or dead, and dont have to be politicians. You can pick anyone, musicians, authors, etc. What kinds of laws would you pass. Lets make UTOPIA !

Heres my views.

First - the I.R.S. is GONE. EVERYONE pays 15 % of thier total income every year, wether you make 1 dollar, or 1 million.

Second - Any big pharm company that posts OVER 50 million in profit, gives 10 million to health care, OR has the choice to LOWER thier prices by 25 %

ALL businessess that post over 10 million must give 1 million to education.

Any hospital that charges 15 bucks for an aspirin, must give free healthcare for 1 month.

We will take an old Navy aircraft carrier, anchor it out at sea 100 miles from any shore, and ALL pedophiles will live on it. No gaurds. No security. If you can swim back, you get a second chance. We will add more ships as necessary.

ALL pedophiles convicted of KILLING a child, gets 20 minutes in a room with the victims family, and IF they survive, are executed THAT day.

Vice President - Mark Twain

Sec. Of State - Ted Nugent

Sec. of Interior - Teddy Roosevelt

Attorney General - Sheriff Joe from Arizona

Chief of Staff - Robin Williams

I'll come up with more as time goes on. Have fun with this

Heres my views.

First - the I.R.S. is GONE. I enact the FairTax www.fairtax.org, also repeal the 16th amendment.

Second - Return all power back to the states and local municipalities and counties.

Outlaw all political parties.... people will need to vote on issues instead of R's or D's

Voting PRIVILEGES (it's a privilege, not a right to begin with) can only be obtained if you pay taxes... no more of people having a voice in how money is spent unless you have skin in the game, our republic is on the ropes with people wanting free everything without lifting a finger.

Eliminate the department of education... Instead offer parents a voucher so they can choose which school they want to send their kids to. (far cheaper and will require all schools to perform well or lose students(money) and ultimately go out of business)

(I'm going to stick to people who are living)

Vice President - Colin Powell

Sec. Of State - John Bolton

Sec. of Interior - ..... I may have to come back to this.

Attorney General - Judge Andrew Napolitano (if not a nomination for Supreme Court)

Treasury Secretary - Congressman Dr. Ron Paul

Chief of Staff - Penn Teller

Heres my views.

First - the I.R.S. is GONE. I enact the FairTax www.fairtax.org, also repeal the 16th amendment.

Second - Return all power back to the states and local municipalities and counties.

Outlaw all political parties.... people will need to vote on issues instead of R's or D's

Voting PRIVILEGES (it's a privilege, not a right to begin with) can only be obtained if you pay taxes... no more of people having a voice in how money is spent unless you have skin in the game, our republic is on the ropes with people wanting free everything without lifting a finger.

Eliminate the department of education... Instead offer parents a voucher so they can choose which school they want to send their kids to. (far cheaper and will require all schools to perform well or lose students(money) and ultimately go out of business)

(I'm going to stick to people who are living)

Vice President - Colin Powell

Sec. Of State - John Bolton

Sec. of Interior - ..... I may have to come back to this.

Attorney General - Judge Andrew Napolitano (if not a nomination for Supreme Court)

Treasury Secretary - Congressman Dr. Ron Paul

Chief of Staff - Penn Teller

Ok, now we're getting somewhere, although, I'd have Dr. Ron Paul a little higher up.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere, although, I'd have Dr. Ron Paul a little higher up.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul, but his strength is in the money system... I like that he is advocating abolishing the fed and returning to the gold standard, so Treasury Secretary he can reign in the corruption in the banking system and wall street.

And I'm not a super big fan of Colin Powell after he endorsed Obama for president, but I want a VP with strong national defense under his belt to finish up the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul, but his strength is in the money system... I like that he is advocating abolishing the fed and returning to the gold standard, so Treasury Secretary he can reign in the corruption in the banking system and wall street.

And I'm not a super big fan of Colin Powell after he endorsed Obama for president, but I want a VP with strong national defense under his belt to finish up the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I kinda forgot about Colin Powell, I was always a big fan of him. I wasnt too happy after he endorsed Obama either, but I could agree with his reasoning. This election seemed like the lesser of 2 evils choice. I dont trust, or think Obamas qualified, and McCain is NO DOUBT a true American Hero, but out of touch with mainstream America. Again, with politics, money is the issue. Our political systems, once a beacon for the world, has become a joke. Its NOT who is best for the country, Its who raises the most money. We JUST got over this election which lasted FOREVER, and people are already talking about 2012 ! :wacko:

Although not a Libertarian, I am a supporter of Ron Paul and have been for many years. I think that he is one of the few in Congress that "gets it", he understands what is happening. It is important that we return to the Gold Standard and abolish the Federal Reserve, but as Treasurer the only thing he could do to Get Us Out Of The UN is to cut their funding. I feel that this is one of the gravest dangers that threatens the sovereignty of the US. Now we have something greater to worry about and that is what P'BO will do in Stockholm in December that could create a world government with more power than the UN all in the name of "Protecting The Planet"

As for Colin Powell, I really wasn't much of a political person during the first Gulf War and didn't follow him much throughout his career, therefore I don't have any opinion of him. I would like to see someone with the intestinal fortitude of George Patton as Chairman Of The Joint Chiefs.

IRS Gone, FDA Revamped, Federal Reserve GONE. Patriot Act shat on, then burned...twice. Marshal Law gone. Ron Paul would be my right hand man. The Smoking Man would be my speech writer. No printing of certificates (money) without the complete 1/1 ratio backing of gold.

Then I'd take as much power away from myself as I could. Power to the people.

I'd want the country back to the way it was. Dedicated to brotherly and sisterly love relief and truth. A country built on furthering the light in education, science and religion whatever that may be to you.

I would follow the damn constitution. What a freaking concept. (16th amendment removed)

Although not a Libertarian, I am a supporter of Ron Paul and have been for many years. I think that he is one of the few in Congress that "gets it", he understands what is happening. It is important that we return to the Gold Standard and abolish the Federal Reserve, but as Treasurer the only thing he could do to Get Us Out Of The UN is to cut their funding. I feel that this is one of the gravest dangers that threatens the sovereignty of the US. Now we have something greater to worry about and that is what P'BO will do in Stockholm in December that could create a world government with more power than the UN all in the name of "Protecting The Planet"

As for Colin Powell, I really wasn't much of a political person during the first Gulf War and didn't follow him much throughout his career, therefore I don't have any opinion of him. I would like to see someone with the intestinal fortitude of George Patton as Chairman Of The Joint Chiefs.

I think the ONLY person alive that could be compared to Patton, (besides Nugent), would be Stormin' Norman Schwartzkopff.Im also not too sure I would want anyone from the Military in too high an office. The last career military man we had in office was Eisenhower, who was an ok President, but those were unique times. I mean, he was the man that just kicked the worlds collective butt, and he appeared to be a strong President, but the world was on its knees except for Russia, so he didnt have too many adversaries. And you know what, call me crazy, but I think ANY administration would benefit by MAKING Bill Clinton serve as Economic Czar. Dont get me wrong, I think the "man" was a DISGRACE to the office and country, but he KNEW his sh*t when it came to economics. :shutup:

I would legalize mary jane and tax it like we do analogs, alcohol, and gasoline. This money would all go towards the "universal" healthcare program. It would create billions of dollars in revenue. I don't smoke myself but I know that millions do and it has less negative effects than alcohol or analogs.

I would legalize mary jane and tax it like we do analogs, alcohol, and gasoline. This money would all go towards the "universal" healthcare program. It would create billions of dollars in revenue. I don't smoke myself but I know that millions do and it has less negative effects than alcohol or analogs.

I too have NEVER smoked reefer ( maybe 4 times in my life) but have ALWAYS thought it should be legal. The revenue would be outrageous. But, Im sure the money would get wasted away by the Govt as with anything else.

I too have NEVER smoked reefer ( maybe 4 times in my life) but have ALWAYS thought it should be legal. The revenue would be outrageous. But, Im sure the money would get wasted away by the Govt as with anything else.

A dead fan who isn't a head? Man - you must be one of fifteen worldwide! :D

A dead fan who isn't a head? Man - you must be one of fifteen worldwide! :D

Im actually not a Deadhead, though I knew eventually this would come up. Its just the album cover artwork has always been a favorite of mine, since I first saw it about 30 years ago.I actually dont care for the Dead. Im a HUGE early Elton John, Beatles and Rush fan. I always thought it would make an awesome tattoo. Im even too chicken to get a tat. AND I WAS IN THE NAVY ! What a wuss :(

Edited by keenan

Universal Healthcare is going to be a poison pill for America... how about we just subsidize people who cannot afford healthcare (the truly poor) and leave the private insurance system in place?

The governments track record on running things is quite pathetic.. I wouldn't trust the government to do my laundry, let alone manage my healthcare.

Ok - this one will be interesting, I think. If you were President, what kind of changes would you make in this country. Who would you put in your cabinet, i.e. Vice President, Sec. Of State, etc. They can be ANYONE, living or dead, and dont have to be politicians. You can pick anyone, musicians, authors, etc. What kinds of laws would you pass. Lets make UTOPIA !

Heres my views.

First - the I.R.S. is GONE. EVERYONE pays 15 % of thier total income every year, wether you make 1 dollar, or 1 million.

Second - Any big pharm company that posts OVER 50 million in profit, gives 10 million to health care, OR has the choice to LOWER thier prices by 25 %

ALL businessess that post over 10 million must give 1 million to education.

Any hospital that charges 15 bucks for an aspirin, must give free healthcare for 1 month.

We will take an old Navy aircraft carrier, anchor it out at sea 100 miles from any shore, and ALL pedophiles will live on it. No gaurds. No security. If you can swim back, you get a second chance. We will add more ships as necessary.

ALL pedophiles convicted of KILLING a child, gets 20 minutes in a room with the victims family, and IF they survive, are executed THAT day.

Vice President - Mark Twain

Sec. Of State - Ted Nugent

Sec. of Interior - Teddy Roosevelt

Attorney General - Sheriff Joe from Arizona

Chief of Staff - Robin Williams

I'll come up with more as time goes on. Have fun with this

Great topic.

If I were president I'd adhere to the philosophy that there are 3 basic evils plaguing humankind: Disease, Government and Religion.

I'd sack the US constitution first I know I know Americans are very fond of it though it seems that most don't really know anything about it. It looks to me as if it's quite reactionary to King George III's policies that Americans didn't like. But wasn't George III a bit nuts? Anyway, give the people say 25 rules and no more than that. Moses lived with 10 I think we can get by with 25. Maybe even that's too many. And if you want a 26'th rule you have to sack one of the first 25. Any prisoner that hasn't violated one of the 25 rules would be immediately freed. That would still probably leave Bernie Madoff and Charles Manson in jail. It just seems that any country that has so many rules that lawyers can make a living just plainly has too many rules.

Then I'd Close the departments of everything and have Jesse Ventura in charge of foreign affairs and Bill Maher in charge of domestic affairs. Oh yeah, put Charles Darwin, Richard Dawkins and Albert Einstein on the money.

Great topic.

If I were president I'd adhere to the philosophy that there are 3 basic evils plaguing humankind: Disease, Government and Religion.

I'd sack the US constitution first I know I know Americans are very fond of it though it seems that most don't really know anything about it.

You state government is bad, yet no other document ever written by man has ever been more anti-government than the U.S. Constitution.... over the last 100 years the government has been disregarding it and making it up as they go along.. if it was adhered to as written, we wouldn't be in any kind of mess.

But lucky for you, our current president and congress doesn't think much of the constitution either.... but mark my words the electorate is fired up and we will all witness what happens in 2010 and 2012... my guess it won't be pretty for any standing incumbent.

Edited by elem187

To be honest I am a HUGE advocate of education. I like being around intelligent people and try to surround myself by intelligent people which seems to be getting harder to do as time passes by, sad to say. With this in mind, if I were President, I would work on Public school systems in America. I would do everything I can to make America not only known as a "Bad *** Country Not To F&@# With" to the rest of the world, but try to also make the rest of the world know America as the land of the free and intelligent. Ya, I like that "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave Scholars" :D. I think the difficulty in accomplishing a goal like this though, would be finding a way to make more kids more interested in school and learning. I have some ideas I think would help but, if someone just does not want to learn then it is pretty hard to force them.

Edited by Sean

To be honest I am a HUGE advocate of education. I like being around intelligent people and try to surround myself by intelligent people which seems to be getting harder to do as time passes by, sad to say. With this in mind, if I were President, I would work on Public school systems in America. I would do everything I can to make America not only known as a "Bad *** Country Not To F&@# With" to the rest of the world, but try to also make the rest of the world know America as the land of the free and intelligent. Ya, I like that "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave Scholars" :D. I think the difficulty in accomplishing a goal like this though, would be finding a way to make more kids more interested in school and learning. I have some ideas I think would help but, if someone just does not want to learn then it is pretty hard to force them.

Well, my theory on that is, to paraphrase Shakespear, First we kill all the lawyers, SECOND, we fire all the teachers and start over. I dont think the problem lies with students not learning, the ROOT of that is teachers arent teaching. And thats NOT to lay all the blame on the teachers. ANY teacher will tell you, they dont do it for the money, and I believe they mean that in thier hearts, but life is what it is, and without incentive, you get low results. When I see the billboards down here in Florida saying Florida Lotto has given 88 BILLION dollars to education in the last 20 years, I wanna PUKE. If that were true, then WHY are kids having carwashes and fundraisers to go on class trips, or fund sporting events, and WHY the HELL did my kids have a room with only 15 computers, 8 of which didnt work ? WHY are they sitting in portable classrooms, trailors ? Im thinking with 88 BILLION dollars, we should be turning out Einstiens and Werner Von Brauns on a daily basis. The country as a WHOLE needs a good Summers Eve cleansing, at least in the beaurocracy dept.In China, Govt and Business officials convicted of fraud are expected to do the honorable thing. Not a bad idea, I think.

Thats why I support school vouchers... Competition in the school system would create a huge demand for schools that produce bright students..

The motivation of profit goes a long way in improving just about anything.

The reason why our school system sucks is because there really is no benchmark on a school to produce better results... when a school is doing poorly the government just throws even more money at the problem and the grades get worse, and to fix it, they throw even more money down a rat hole.... its time to do it right with the incentive of profit.

also as a side benefit, teacher pay would increase for teachers that make a difference and are producing results, while the teachers who do not care will be paid poorly...

Just like the real world... imagine that.

• 2 weeks later...

if i where president i would giv everybody 1 million dollars and tell the banks they cant rip people off, pull the troops out of irak now, take the oil we payed dearly for it, tell all the arabs states if the f... with us we will nuke back to stone age, tell russia to kiss off,i guess i wouldnt make a good president...not good with polictics.... :thumbsdown:...also i cant spell or type sorry :wtf:

Edited by xsnut

if i where president i would giv everybody 1 million dollars and tell the banks they cant rip people off, pull the troops out of irak now, take the oil we payed dearly for it, tell all the arabs states if the f... with us we will nuke back to stone age, tell russia to kiss off,i guess i wouldnt make a good president...not good with polictics.... :thumbsdown:...also i cant spell or type sorry :wtf:

I agree with you, xsnut, You need to stay out of politics!

You would make an excellent president if the goal was to start massive global conflict.

well you asked,....now u see why i dont run for office , but givin every us citizen 1 million would been cheaper than stimulus program and wouldof actually work and let the corrupt banks fail and put there management in prison where they belong....take care of our allys and take a big crap on others :thumbsup: