Suggestions For My Dad?

I want to buy my dad a PV. He is 72 and been smoking since he was 15. Like me, he has tried everything to quit and after talking to him about PVs, he wants to give it a go. He is a gadget nut like me and is really knowledgable about batteries since he's into RC planes. I decided I should go ahead and buy him a PV and maybe he'll live a little longer and healthier.

I was thinking of an 801 to get him started now I'm open to suggestions. From talking to him about it, it sounds like he would prefer one that looks and acts more like an analog. I was thinking an automatic battery to get him started but I can't seem to find any suppliers that have 801 automatics in stock.

Any suggestions on a good kit for him?

Well if he wants something that feels like an analog I don't think I'd go with an 801. It would be to long for him I'd think. Maybe go with the 510 like I always recommend for new ecig users. The M401 would feel more natural in his hand, BUT the "microphone" sensors in those things suck IMO.

Also 510's have bigger carts as I doubt he will want to use liquid at first.

I vote 510. Have you sat down with him and a computer and let him look over the selections? If he is a gadget nut--he may like pick and choose, the two of you can discuss the pros and cons.

I wish I could demo mine for him but he lives in another city. Unfortunatly, he is about as computer challenged as you can get so it's up to me. Thanks for the input. I have a Dura C and I think the 510 is a better choice for him. I was concerned about the battery life but knowing him, he will be buying new batteries in no time!

in addition to regular batteries might want to consider a passthrough. I bought a USB to wall adapter that works great and don't have to be near my computer. and vaprtalk is coming out with their new passthrough with a longer cord.

Hi guys. Been down sick for a couple days, good to be back. Yes, I agree the 510 is the choice. I too have been smoking since I was 15, although Im only 50, but I was a HARDCORE chain smoker. I started vaping with the Blu, because I wanted it to look and feel like a REAL cig. HUGE mistake, the Blu was so disappointing I almost gave up completely to go back to analogs. But I remembered an e mail Arno at awesomevapor sent me telling me to cancel my order and try the 510 because he knew I would be disappointed. So I got the 510 and the rest is history. Now, Im a chain vaper, I RARELY dont have the thing in my hand. I have 2 manual batts and a pass through, and I havent had any problems with the batts. I just rotate them and use the pass thru a lot. If your dad is serious about trying it, and scared like I was to let go of that security blanket, I really think the 510 is what he'll go for. If it worked for a chiminy like me, I think it;ll work for everyone. Good luck !

Another vote for the 510. I was a 3 pack a day guy for 20 years. Got my 510 and went to 2-3 anologs a day for a while. Been cigarette free for 4 days now and don't miss them. G ot my wife a 510 she was 2 packs a day for 25 years and she is just about smoke free, she has to finish that last pack.(she's too cheap to throw it away)

Have a m401, a 510 w/6v mod, KR808D-1, and GreenCig and I can tell you right now that the KR808D-1 is the what I would get him. The 510 is more hassle than it's worth with the different mods for the carts, the search for filler, the mess, the constant refilling and dripping is not appealing at all. That's a lot of hassle for someone to switch over. You don't have those issues with the KR808D-1 or GreenCig. These are cartomizers and yes they can be refilled. In fact it's much easier and cleaner to fill up a KR808D-1 or GreenCig than it is any of the 3pc models. The carts last a lot longer as well. That was the one thing that kept me from getting a cartomizer first when I started looking at this stuff. I just didn't believe it lasted for a full pack especially after getting my first model the Dragon from Truesmoker which is a badged m401 but it's true. One cart last me about 24 hours same as a pack of Marlboro's would have. The technology difference is huge between the models as well, the 3 pc units might as well have come from the stone age compared to the GreenCig design. I don't know how old your dad is or what his personality is like but you need to take into consideration if he is going to bother with the 3 pc hassles once he sees what all is involved and how fast they drain dry and need to be tended. No matter what kit you get him it would be a good idea to get him a passthrough if he sits at the PC at all. Those hit like a tobacco cigarette every time with the constant power.

Edited by Snarkyone