Vape tastes like metal and spicy for the throat

Hello guys, as the topic states, i just want to share this experience i'm having and would like to know if anyone has a solution to it.

I'm using an Aga T2 tank, typical mesh and ribbon type coil @ 2.0 ohm with a K100 mod. At first it was fine, but after scrapping off all the black carbons, i'm beginning to get these symptoms and can't seem to solve it. Throat can be painful to vape as it tastes kinda spicy (albeit just for 3 or so seconds) and there's an odd metal taste. Another thing i noticed is after pouring in my E-Liquid (Tasty Vapor Red Bull USA), it turns dark in less than 4 hours.

Please advise on what i can do to solve this, thank you in advance!

I apologize if this thread doesn't belong here, just move this thread to somewhere it should belong.

A short will cause an awful metallic taste.

A dry wick will cause an awful painful metallic taste.

You might have both problems!

Try doing the Reo Squonk, to test for wicking. Cover the airhole with your finger, take a dry draw (do not press the button of your mod), suck the juice up the wick. Now take a drag. If it's good, and non-painful, your wick needs to be improved for the juice to climb. If there is still a metallic taste, there is still a short somewhere in your coil. Probably from the scraped wick. I would retorch, your wick, recoil, squonk test.

For hot coil testing, see if any coils turn red when you push the button. WET coils should never turn red if there is not a short. If your wick is wet and you have a red coil, you have a short! I assume you know how to scoot the coil with a toothpick, and sort out hotspots? If not, watch PBusardo's AHA NOW I GET IT tutorial videos.