New here with question about clearomizers

daleron

Hello.

I've been vaping since the first week of March 2013 after smoking for 35 years. I confess I still have anywhere from two to six cigs (analogs) a day depending on a number of factors; but consider that fantastic since I was passing the pack & a half a day point.

Anyway, my question is 'should I use a new clearomizer for every new flavor?'; I've overdone it in searching for a flavor I like and at 5 bucks a pop clearomizers could start to run into some serious money for me. LOL.

Is there anyway to clean a used clearomizer?

I guess the main reason I'm asking is because I started out with a blueberry e-juice and now it no longer tastes good to me.

I really want to succeed with this because I'm killing myself with cigs!

I've found that if you'll vape your tank empty and then fill it with a new flavor, the switch in flavor happens pretty much instantly (unless the first juice is a menthol, which may stick around for a minute). There may be a little of the original juice still in the wick that will flavor the new juice for a second, but it'll be gone pretty fast.

BTW...I think you'll do fine making the switch once you find a flavor that you look forward to vaping, and one that satisfies your nicotine cravings.

What kinds of e-liquids have you tried?

I keep on clearo for menthol, one for fruity flavors and one for chocolate/coffee/bakery flavors...I use the CE5 since you can rebuild them you dont have to spend so much on a new one when the atomizers burns out and you can get different resistance atomizers with the same tank. It saves some money and allows you to use the same tank with variable voltage devices since you can drive the lower resistance atomizers harder or use a higher resistance atomizer with a lower voltage battery.

As for the flavor mixing... exactly what rixter said....

Thanks Rixter & DeadHead65, sounds like I'm okay then :)

BTW Rixter, my current fav e-liquid is NuPier (a menthol 12mg) & nothing else goes in those clearomizers! Oh, and Jungle Juice (low .06mg).

Blueberry was my starter flavor but it's just 'off' right now:(

Got a bunch of new flavors I'm trying out - Peach, Peppermint Joe, Cherry, other vendor's blueberry etc....

Right now my mouth is raw and the pollen is killing me so maybe that is what's up with the nasty.

You can clean them, there's tons of videos on you tube on how I'm sure there's a few videos on this forum under tutorials. I've cleaned a few of mine it's not hard. To try out new flavors I've started using cartomizers they are cheap enough to throw away after you use them, I've gotten a few and taste my new juice I think I got a pack of 5 for around 3 dollars (can probably find them cheaper online). That way you're not really commited to a full clearomizer just to try them and if you decide to put them up to try later you haven't wasted much.

...To try out new flavors I've started using cartomizers they are cheap enough to throw away after you use them, I've gotten a few and taste my new juice I think I got a pack of 5 for around 3 dollars (can probably find them cheaper online)...

Good point! I use all types of juice delivery devices, but the good ol' reliable Boge cartomizers are still a very cheap and effective way to vape hassle-free. They don't leak unless you over-fill them (just blow the excess out the bottom), and they last me a couple of weeks before the draw starts to tighten up some (YMMV).

I buy "bulk" and get 5 boxes of 'em (25 cartos) from SureVapes.com for $23 shipped. You can mix-n-match boxes of low or high resistance, standard or XL, & black or stainless steel.

BTW, if you plan on using a cone on your device to cover your carto, avoid the black Boges...the black "finish" is a vinyl wrap, which adds girth and causes the carto to fit too snugly through many cone openings, sealing off too much of your intake air in the process.

Edited by Rixter

Thanks Mischi3vous - I've thought about that and need to try it. :wallbash: I've got 3 different starter kits & wouldn't ya' know they all need a different clearomizer :veryangry:

You can clean them, there's tons of videos on you tube on how I'm sure there's a few videos on this forum under tutorials. I've cleaned a few of mine it's not hard. To try out new flavors I've started using cartomizers they are cheap enough to throw away after you use them, I've gotten a few and taste my new juice I think I got a pack of 5 for around 3 dollars (can probably find them cheaper online). That way you're not really commited to a full clearomizer just to try them and if you decide to put them up to try later you haven't wasted much.

Where did you get 5 cartomizers for $3.00 ??? I had to pay 9.99!!!

Use the link in Rixter's post, SureVapes sells the always-reliable Boge cartos, and I finally dived in and got my 5 box mix n match. If you don't use a tank, you can get the non-prepunched cartos for cheap and are generally more available since most like to get the prepunched ones and those go out of stock very quickly. The dripped cartos are the best way for testing out new flavors before filling up an entire carto or clearo.