Hello!

Hello Everyone!

Well to tell you how I got into the e-cig world was just by chance really. I'm 62 years old and have been smoking for 44 years, My doctor has been after me to quit for years but I love to smoke. Even after a heart attack in 2004 I still continued to smoke where a normal person would have quit right then and there but I loved it to much I guess.

One day this young lady that I work with came in and was puffing on this thing lol and what looked like smoke came out of it. I said what the hell is that you have there, she said its a e-cigarette and that she just quit smoking. She told me how it worked and I thought hey I could do this and quit smoking, that night when I got home I told the wife about it but she didn't think much about it so I just dropped the subject. Well as the days went by thats all I could think about was that dam e-cigarette. So it was time to go buy two more cartons of smokes so I went and bought the wife hers and with one smoke left in my pack I went down to the Volcano cafe and bought an inferno. Its been 3 months now and I still have that one cigarette. I told my Dr the next time I had to go to him that I finally quit smoking lol he said OMG is it the end of the world. I asked him about what he thought about the e-cigarette and he said you still get the nicotine right and I said yes his answer was so what so what its the tar and all the other garbage that is in a cigaette that does all the damage to a person.

So thats how I got to the world of the e-cig and yes there is a lot to learn, I have watched many videos and been to a lot of web sites, going to look into making my own juice next.

Thanks and have a good day

Gary

Hi Gary! Welcome to VT and congrats on quitting smoking! It's a whole new world, a much more flavorful one! This group is very helpful, so post anything you might have a question about, someone will answer.

Hello and welcome.I was pretty much the same way,a heart attack didn't stop me either.I kind of wanted to quit but I really did enjoy them.I started vaping at work when they banned smoking and just lost my taste for tobaco.Been over three years ago.

Welcome and congrats !!! Volcano is a good product. We have a Volcano Cafe here on Oahu, they are my emergency backup. Unfortunately the volcano batteries are not compatible with all of my pieces part.

Its amazing how good it feels to be a non smoker !!