Both mini egos broken already?

This past Wednesday I received my eGo mini starter kit from valuevapor.com with two eGo mini 450mAh batts in it. I charged both of them that day and started using one that night to drip. Everything was fine until I needed to charge that battery the next day. I switched to a cart with the other one and noticed right away, it felt different than the first one, the button felt looser and would stick on once in a while. It wasn't even an hour and that one stopped working.

Yesterday, I looked at them both again - neither one works! If I try to charge them, they stay red no matter where I try to charge them or how long I let them stay there. When I try to use them, the button doesn't light up at all and they don't fire. I've tried the 5 quick pushes to lock/unlock thing, that makes no difference!

What's up with these things? Did I do something wrong?

I've had a couple of bad chargers thru the years. Do you have another charger to try? I've also had a few batteries that had a mind of their own. I'd have to play around with disconnecting and reconnecting to the charger, clean the top of the batt, try again, repeat till it worked. But on those, the light wouldn't turn red, I'd have to keep trying til I got the red light.

I didn't think I did have another charger but I found one I could use with an adapter. It's showing the batt as being charged. When I put the other one on its original charger, it was flashing green and red. Oh and with both of them, the blue light lights up when I first plug it into the chargers, so that part's not broken.

As you can see, I have been playing around with them, hoping something works sooner than later. ValueVapor answered my email and said I could send them back for a credit, that's amazing to me! I'd rather not have to go through all that but I will if I have no other choice.

Well, I was starting to pack them up to return them and now one's working! I'll give it a day or two, maybe the other will too. I have a little less than 60 days to return them if they're still acting up. Arghh!

Edited by Lyrical

• 4 months later...

I have two mini 400mah I got from Sweet-Vapes and they work great. About 10 bucks. Great for stealth vaping and last 3-4 hours of regular use. Great for weddings, flights, things like that.

mm thats a good idea.

Did they ever start working just curious I have a mini that's doing almost the same thing lol. Thankfully I have about 4 egos on rotation so it's not a huge deal,just very irritating lol.

No. I ended up sending them back to valuevapor.com and they sent me two new ones right away. I haven't had a bit of trouble with the new ones!