KeCig K100 (Empire Clone)

robv1978

http://www.discountvapers.com/k100-mechanical-full-kit-blue/ I received my K100 in the mail today (3-20) after placing the order on 3-18. Kudos to www.discountvapers.com for the fast shipping. OK, here's the boring stuff first as stated on discount vapers description. The kit costs $62 on the site and it was just over $66 shipped. New Unique styled Telescopic mod from KAMRY. The K100 will accept 18350, 18500 and 18650 unprotected batteries. This is a bottom button mechanical design with the ability to screw out and lock that bottom button. The K100comes with an upper protective tube that also completes its sylish unusual look. Nice feel and heft to this mod with a thicker bottom button for easy use. 9 holes throughout the mod for venting saftey Please note:The upper tube is too tall to be used as a drip shield unless you are using adapters You Get: 1 K100 Mechanical Mod 2 510 cartomizers 1 Atomizer cover 1 Kasbah-styledrip tip 1 18650/18350 battery chargerOutput: 3.7v/450ma Input:110-220v EOCv 4.2v +-1% 1 18350900mahICR 3.7vdry battery 1 18650 2000mahICR 3.7vdry battery 1 Manual 1 eGo case package Dimensions: 18350: 99mm / 3.9 inches tall 18500: 113mm / 4.4 inches tall 18650: 129mm / 5.0 inches tall Base unit without upper tube attached is 64mm / 2.5 inches. Width: 25.5mm/ 1 inch The dimensions above are without the 510 drip tip attached. Now for my first day of use impressions. My first impression upon opening the case was "WOW!! This thing looks awesome!!" Then I picked it up and noticed that it has some weight to it. Iunscrewedeverything and put it back together to get a feel for it andcheck it out. I wasexpecting to find the threading to be rough and the metal thin.... Not the case... To my surprise the threading is very smooth and has virtually no grinding noise and the tube is relatively thick also, the button has a good feel to it offering enough resistance to stand it up without firing but loose enough for pinky hits. I loaded up the included 18350 and filled one of the cartos with an 80/20 12mg, clear colored Apple Ring juice. The initial vape was excellent, good throat hit and flavor, clouds of vapor. But, after a few hits I got a NASTY taste fomr the carto. At first I thought I didn't fill it enough, I checked it and it was saturated. I took another it and got the same thing. It was the nasty "turkey bacon" flavor Pbusardo described in his Boge Gate videos. So, I went to dripping with a 2.9 ohm atty and a 510/510 adapter. I intentionally over dripped and the carto tube/ drip shield held all the juice in. I had to do some running around today so I took it on the road. I put on a Vivi Nova tossed it in my cup holder and off we went. It was very comfortable and the bottom button didn't have me turning and feeling to fire it. The finish, so far, is unmarred with no nicks or scratches. After I got home I decided to use my AGA-T+ with a 1.7 ohm coil and it performs flawlessly. And now The Good, The Bad and The Ugly THE GOOD -Good build quality.. Nice heavy feel with a solid button, deep drip well in case you over drip, very smooth threading, six vent holes on the battery tube (3 top and 3 bottom) and 3 air holes at the top of the drip shield -It's a screw type telescoping mod giving you multiple battery options or a KICK option with no parts to remove or add when you change battery sizes -Works with almost everything (The Kanger MT3 is to wide to work without and adapter) -Cost.. The kit cost $66 shipped and includes everything a noob or veteran vaper needs to get it running right out of the box. (Well, except juice) THE BAD (just nitpicking) -The cartos give a terrible taste -Kanger MT3's don't fit -Hmmm.. that's about it for now THE UGLY (aesthetics) -It's a beautiful looking mod -The grooves look really nice and serve a function by allowing some gripping surface -Comes in three colors, Champagne (more like a gunmetal), Blue (=AWESOME!) and Gold (BLING!) all go well with the polished steel look. This is just my first day impressions of the K100 so I'm going to give it 4/5 stars and 1.5 thumbs up. I'm leaving room to increase or decrease my rating depending on the near future performance, it has nothing to do with THE BAD. ra2y5a9a.jpgy3everev.jpgunanumah.jpg Edited by robv1978

Thanks for the review!! Is that Black Mamba skin I see on a Vamo?? Super cool...

The pic really helps show how much length the electronic components add to a mod.

I have to use that MT3 + adapter combo also...

Does the telescopic element extend far enough for 18650 plus kick??

Why yes it is a black mamba skin on my Vamo. I'm not sure if the tube extends enough to use an 18650 and a kick because I don't have a Kick... yet. I'll be ordering one next week sometime. Any idea on who has them at the best price?

Nice review!! I might have to pick one of these up this year sometime. I love the Empire mods, but they're so hard to get, and these are the next best thing from what I've seen and heard. Right on!

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines