K100.. Empire Clone

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love my K100! Im toying around with a rebuilt head on an evod in the 1-1.3Ω range and loving it! If you are wanting to get one check out Fasttech Free shipping and a great price, they also have the kits for 39 if you search for k100!

At $39, I may have to get one!! Though, its hard get past the fact that the K100 looks like something I'd find in my girlfriend's nightstand drawer. :blink: My buddy really loves his, despite all the crap I give him about it being ribbed for his pleasure. And, to be honest, it has to be one of the best performing mechs coming out of China (next to my Sigelei #8, of course :p ). Think I'll run over to Fasttech, and see if they have the K101 body, and just toss an Octopus RDA on top of that!! :yes:

I've always wanted the original Empire Mod, but they're so hard to find in stock. I've heard these are a great substitute, one of the few "cheapies" we can write home about. Those prices with full kits including the case, sweeten the deal even more. I'm tempted!

• 1 month later...

again if you have never used a mod of any sort i would recommend starting with an APV over a mech mod because the mech mod's circuit is completed with the battery contact and if tightened too much can go to continuous firing and will damage the battery/mod/person.

I may be one who doesnt like to mess with stuff i dont understand until i can gain some knowledge about it and feel confident in the purchase, but i bet alot of people here would agree with me.

Not necessarily....

It's all in how you use the device in the first place. If you're gonna drip with an HH357, or use a carto tank, or clearomizer, there really isn't much danger in using a mechanical mod. You can also purchase mod fuses, or a Kick that will turn your mech into a regulated device.

On the other hand, if you want to use rebuildable attys, then you have to be prepared, and might want to consider building your first coils on a regulated device before going straight mech.

My first mod, was a mech. My buddy bought the K100 kit for his first mod. I jumped headlong into sub-ohm genesis builds, and my buddy followed suit. Neither of us have blown our hands off with our mechs, and we sometimes push our batteries pretty hard. In fact, MANY people without engineering degrees start with mechs and gennys, and do just fine.

Again, its all in how you use it, and how prepared you are for how you are going to use your device. To summarize....the K100 / K101 are great devices, and provide the best value for the buck. Unless you do not like the look of them, you really cannot go wrong!!!!

Lol I don't have a degree in engineering but I still think its a good idea to start with an APV style mod. You get the safety built in and get to test out different volts on different ohm coils. I do understand that putting a standard carto on a mech mod makes it just as safe since your buying professionally built items I just think the vaping experience would be better going APV to mech. Just my .02 cents

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines