Turn Your 510 Passthrough Into A Vaping Machine!

JBIRMfromPHOENIX

WHAT UP TO ALL IN THE KINGDOM OF VAPOR!

Okay, well I was in the market for a 510 passthrough last week, and Chris told me to buy an American made PT from I think Truesmoker (don't hold me to it). Anyways, I went to the website where he told me to get one from right away to buy one, and they were out of stock. So I looked and looked and looked. I was told by Chris that the benefit of the american made PT was the fact that it had an inline fuse to protect your usb port from shorting out. I guess the chinese ones have a reputation to f up usb ports. I have this USB hub I found in my junk drawer with a 5v and 2.6 amp output and ac 110 input, and we discussed the use of that on a previous thread. Without an american pt in sight, I bought a chinese one and figured I will just run it through the hub so I dont fk my laptop ports up. I dont know about you guys, but I think these things suck. And with a 3.7 volt battery or whatever inline, this is all you atty will get. So, here is what I did to make this thing a bad *** vaping machine, and anyone can do this without tools or expertise.

1. Cut the cord from the battery to the USB cable in the middle, in case you want to put it back together in the original config again. (YOU WON'T)

2. Cut the other end about 3-4 inches or so away from the battery so you have decent cord length for you modded PT, in case you want to put it back together in the original config again. (ONCE AGAIN YOU WON'T WANT TO)

FYI: There are only to wires on each end of the cord. The middle is not a wire, but just rubber to seperate the two.

3. Take a utility blade out of the utility knife and carefully shave the rubber away from the two wires on each end to a pinky nails length. Be careful this wire is very delicate and small. Take your time removing rubber as not to damge the wire. Its easy, trust me.

4. Cut the middle rubber to get it out of the way. You should have 2 wires on each end nice, clean, and sepearted from the middle a little bit so you have room to work with the wires seperately. One wire is green and one blue at each end. Twist both blue wires together.

5. Take a BIC lighter and heat the wire after twisting for about 5 secs or until it looks copper colored, this will act as soldering the connection. Your new PT will not work unless you heat your twisted wires. Make sure you heat the exposed wires only, and not any rubber. Thats why your stripped wire should be a fingernails length.

6. Cut a small piece of electrical tape and carefully wrap your new twisted and BIC soldered connection.

7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 with the green wire. (make sure all exposed wiring is covered with the tape independantly so they will never touch)

8. Cut another small piece of electrical tape and wrap around both wires so they will never seperate.

9. Plug your new 5V PT in, and vape your *** off!

Unless you decide to tie an inline fuse on this, I wouldn't connect to your pc. But I have been running mine off this hub non stop and have had not issues at all. BAD *** VAPEIN. HOLLA! Do this at your own risk. Because I am not doing this for you or there with you, all responsibility is on the person that decides to perform this procedure. This is completely experimental, use at your risk people. PEACE!!

If you want some pics let me know, I can post some on here. This will only take you 5-10 minutes. I've gotta get back to my rockin PT Now. :gun::punk:

--Jason--

The battery on some of the newer chinese passthroughs is actually there to protect the computer. What you have done though is given yourself a true 5 volts :)

When I said American company I meant Puresmoker or the PT I was actually talking about, the VP passthrough from VAPRLIFE. ;) The reason you can't find it is because VAPRLIFE doesn't have it on sale yet. He will in about another week or 2. When it does come out it will be a 5 volt passthrough with a fuse built in. It will also come with a wall unit that will allows you to plug it into a socket, the reason for this is because not everybody has a new computer running USB ports that supply a steady 5 volts. It's going to be sweet I can tell you that!

Nice little mod though! :D

Thanks Chris. It only took about 5 to 10 min after screwin it up the first time. I'm too lazy to solder. I actually tristed the wires together and got nothin the first attempt. Thats when I figured the coating on the wires was interfering with a solid connection. Had a bic in pocket for some strange reason, and presto! It burnt the **** right off and actually fused them well. Yeah, I went everywhere you told me during the video global chat day. I was tired of rechargin batteries and didn't like the pt I got. I dont remember you saying anything about jeso, but I did ask him and never got a response. I had alot of ideas on how I could mod it like the PT's you are talking about, but I low on time and wanted to get vapin stat because your juice had just came in the mail. Gracias again by the way. :icecream:

If anyone does not have new usb ports on thier pc like Chris mentions here or would just rather not plug it into your pc, You can buy a hub just like mine with a long cord and 110/120 input with 5v 2.6 amp output for less than a PT. Just type usb hub in google or let me know and I'll post a link for you. They go for $10 to $25, and you can run multiple PT's with them at the same time. :dribble:

I want to hook my friggin quads battery up to an atty and see what will happen. :dribble::showoff:

--Jason--