Is nicotine an oxidant or antioxidant?

Could you post your online references?? Maybe someone would be happy to translate them for you in this thread. Otherwise, I do not exactly get what you are asking. Or, more specifically, why? Not trying to be contentious, but curious....being a science-oriented individual, myself, LOL!!

Edited by CascadianExotics

Here are some articles
PDF:
evidence suggesting that nicotine may have antioxidant properties in the central nervous system. SOD increased but GPX decreased.
nicotine scavanges free radicals??
The reason I originally asked is because when I vape more one day, the next morning I feel like my body is releasing toxins (feeling is kind of like after 1. a night of modorate drinking 2. a day after getting a deep tissue massage 3. a day after drinking a lot of green tea and water).

Thanks!! I'm definitely interested in reading the studies...it would most certainly be funny if nic were found to be an antioxidant. Oh, the controversial news stories something like that could create. :lol: Your symptoms, though, are all consistent with dehydration. Vaping will do that to you. Just drink plenty of water, and you'll be fine.

Thanks!! I'm definitely interested in reading the studies...it would most certainly be funny if nic were found to be an antioxidant. Oh, the controversial news stories something like that could create. :lol: Your symptoms, though, are all consistent with dehydration. Vaping will do that to you. Just drink plenty of water, and you'll be fine.

Agreed! I experience the same symptoms the next day if I don't drink enough water, Gatorade etc. It would definitely prove to be interesting if there does turn out to be a positive side to nicotine.

:ninja: