DIY recipe tweaking question

After a recent attempt of DIY mixing I have found myself with a simple yet perplexing question.. (please keep in mind that I am new to mixing so I will apologize for my lack of knowledge)

After mixing a 5 ml bottle, and sampling 1 ml in a cart, how do you then tweak your "left overs" with consistancy? Would you recommend just starting over by mixing a new batch with the desired changes (extra flavor, more sweetener etc) I mean, I can add to my original batch, but with a lessor volume remaining I would assume that my future batches would be inconsistant. I hope I make sence to someone!! I know what Im thinking but trying to convey it in my words can be confusing..

I understand what you're saying and I do this all the time. You just have to make a note of which ingredient(s) need more or less. If you have too much of one thing then you have to add everything else. After you "fix" it and you like it and want to make more it will be difficult to know exactly but you should have a good idea next time how to start off.

In other words, after you make something and you think there should be more or less of a flavor, you can experiment with what you just made to test your theory. The next time you will know to use a different ratio and you will probably know about how much to change it.