Rixter’s Review of V4L’s Automatic Dial-A-Volt

Rixter

As some of you may already know, Vapor4Life recently hosted a give-away right here on this forum where they randomly selected three posts from their thread, , and…you guessed it…I was one of the lucky winners. In #entry149997 of that thread, I stated that if I won, I’d test and review the PV, and then give it to someone deserving. That’s going to be pretty hard to do (the giving away part) because it’s truly a very good device.

auto-dial-a-volt.png

V4L Automatic Dial-A-Volt 1100mAh

I have used automatic e cigs in the past, but was turned off by the fact that you usually have to give them a little “primer” puff first to get things heated up enough to enjoy your vape. I suppose that’s because the standard 3.7 volts that the typical auto battery provides wasn’t able to instantly heat things up properly, but with the 1100mAh V4L Dial-A-Volt being a variable voltage PV (3.2-4.8v), a primer puff really isn’t necessary. I set mine to 4.2 volts, screwed on a 2Ω carto filled with EC Blend’s DK-555, and enjoyed a great vape that was just south of 9 watts…no preheating needed. The auto switch activates the circuit instantly when you start taking a draw, and keeps the circuit firing until you stop pulling air through it. It is without a doubt the best quality auto switch I’ve ever encountered.

The Dial-A-Volt performed just as well as my eGo-style manual batteries, and I eventually got used to the fact that this thing has no button (didn’t stop me from continuously looking for one, though). It’s kind of nice to be able to have a vape in the middle of the night without having to feel for a button in the dark. This feature will almost certainly come in handy where stealth vaping is required. I keep a PV in my shirt pocket while at work (where vaping is prohibited because my boss thinks it’s…wait for it…“a fire hazard”!?!). I always have to feel for a button when I want to sneak a toke without removing it from my pocket. That, my friends, is over with if you use an auto Dial-A-Volt.

The next thing I’d like to mention is the quality of the voltage adjustment dial. Like it’s predecessors, the eGo-C Twist and Vision Spinner, changing the voltage on the Dial-A-Volt is accomplished by turning a dial situated on the bottom of the device. Unlike the aforementioned PVs, the action on the Dial-A-Volt’s dial is as smooth as silk. It’s easy to turn, but not so easy that it’ll move around while pocketed. It’s instantly apparent that V4L incorporated a very high quality potentiometer into this PVs design. With the Twists/Spinners, the dials sometimes have “tight” spots in their rotation that makes them feel cheaper by comparison.

The only think negative that I can say about the V4L Automatic Dial-A-Volt is that it has a KR808D-1 thread pattern. I don’t know why they don’t offer one with a 510 or an eGo threading, which are much more prevalent on today’s vaping scene, but this one’s strictly an 808 affair…for now, anyway. In Vapor4Life’s defense, they do offer a decent selection of 808 juicers.

All in all, I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Dial-A-Volt. Good job, V4L, and thanks for the contest.

Edited by Rixter

Great review!!!

I must collect a set for the curious Georges who visit me.

Are there adapters available for those who would like to use a VN or an RBA or anything different from the 808?

Are there adapters available for those who would like to use a VN or an RBA or anything different from the 808?

Tons. :yes

Wait. Is that 50 bucks for a kit or for just one battery?

Yeah...it's a little on the pricey side.

Edited by Rixter

Great review. I was one that won too. Used it this weekend and worked great. Everything you said covered it to the T! From all the good to even the ending where I wirshed it was a 510 too.....i was able to get an adapter and slap on a slim vivi nova. Really loved like you said you dont and have to prime....just puff and pound. I have people here in hawaii wanting this from me. I keep telling them nope because this is like the only thing I have ever won. Lol anyways good review. And just to afd I like that there is no button and that obnoxious bright light...perfect for vaping at the movies...,aloha! And mahalo V4L

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines