All My Juice Tastes The Same

seaspine

I just started Vaping a week ago. I have been using Vapor King Red and White. Today I got a new shipment of juice(cola and 555) from vapor king and I hardly notice any differance. It all tastes kind of burnt.I'm using a 510. I vape pretty hard and fast, almost like chain smoking. Thought it might be the atty so I changed that and all the juice still tastes the same. Could I be making it too hot by vaping so hard and burning the juice?

Should I use a new atty and cart (I'm using empty carts) when I change juice?

Any help you guys can give would be appriciated, thanks.

Welcome to the forum seaspine. This is actually a common problem with the 510. If you're using cartridges, the atomizer tends to burn the filling, so this is probably what's causing that burnt taste. The best thing to do with the 510 is remove the filling from the cartridge and directly drip about 3 drops right on the atomizer. The burnt taste should no longer be there. Here's a video that chris made about direct dripping:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1398-what-is-direct-dripping/

hope this helps! :jump:

Yup from the sounds of things your atomizer is either running to hot or your burning cart filler. Each liquid should taste unique and if it doesn't it's normally always something wrong with the atomizer. The 510 is a great model for it's size and creates awesome amounts of vapor, the only down side is how hot it can get. So make sure when it starts feeling hot to the touch you give it a rest for about 45 seconds utill it cools down. The manufacturer recommends that you only take 5 second long drags. Of course none of us do this, but I figured FYI.

I was just going to post about the same thing. I however, have been direct dripping, draining the attys and doing it just the way everyone suggested. I still find that all 4 of the flavors I got pretty much taste the same. All from the same company. I am waiting on flavors from a different company. It may just be that particular company, so we will see what happens. Anyone else get liquids and find that all the flavors taste the same?

with the 510--weaker or subtle flavors do not come through very well and can taste somewhat the same. I always keep on hand some extra flavoring--flavour art is my favorite, but have a couple Loranns that I like too. With flavors that are too weak for the 510, I use a 5ml dropper bottle--put the liquid in that and start adding a couple drops at a time until The flavor is where I want it.

The burning sound like you are probably running the atty dry. some liquids seems to burn off faster. I find when I am vaping heavily I top of the carts more frequently. When I top off the cart I add a drop to the atty. After awhile you get a good sense of when to top off, I find for me its every 6-8 draws when I am vaping frequently.

When vaping heavily sometimes it helps to have two e-cigs(510 for me) running at the same time and alternate between them.

hope that helps a litte

Happy Vaping :)

Hey Guys. Just got back from a trip to St. Louis. 1100 miles up, 1100 miles back, no sleep. I dont want to even SEE a car for a week. Down side was, smoked analogs cuz its just too hard to mess with e cig on the road. Have no car charger. My lungs feel like crap. Coughing up lung oysters. But, now that im back, im vapin like mad. Gonna sleep for now. talk to u guys tonight. MISSED vapor talk the most!

Welcome back---Sorry about the analogs. sleep and then drink lots and lots of water to help clear out your system. You really need a car charger plug in for the USB passthrough---

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=USB+car+chargers

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8738805&st=USB+chargers&type=product&id=1201913866497

perfect for using the passthrough in the car just need to add liquid to carts or have premade carts ready to go and just change out carts.

Hey Guys. Just got back from a trip to St. Louis. 1100 miles up, 1100 miles back, no sleep. I dont want to even SEE a car for a week. Down side was, smoked analogs cuz its just too hard to mess with e cig on the road. Have no car charger. My lungs feel like crap. Coughing up lung oysters. But, now that im back, im vapin like mad. Gonna sleep for now. talk to u guys tonight. MISSED vapor talk the most!

I was wondering where you've been the past few days. Our trip to Missouri las week was messed up to in the e-Cig department, but I didn't resort to analogues. When we left all I had was an 801 and one battery and a 4081 with two batteries. I made it there and back in six days with out any problems, I just had to pace myself and keep something on a charger all the time. When I got home my problems were solved, my back-ups from AwesomeVapor had arrived and so did my VP2's from VaprLife. Now I could take a trip around the world and not miss a lick drip!

:thumbsup: Yeah, I definitly need a car charger. And a spare 510. And a spare ... oh well. I actually brought my Blu with the PCC, I thought it was better than nothing. Wrong. It WAS nothing. Its like lighting an analog, and only getting 1 good hit out of 9. Driving was frustrating enough, so I just caved in. Plus, we were in a rush. And I drove ALL the way there and back. I havent been THIS tired since I was in the Navy. Glad to be back, thanks for the awesome welcome back. Vapor talk is the greatest.

I just started Vaping a week ago. I have been using Vapor King Red and White. Today I got a new shipment of juice(cola and 555) from vapor king and I hardly notice any differance. It all tastes kind of burnt.I'm using a 510. I vape pretty hard and fast, almost like chain smoking. Thought it might be the atty so I changed that and all the juice still tastes the same. Could I be making it too hot by vaping so hard and burning the juice?

Should I use a new atty and cart (I'm using empty carts) when I change juice?

Any help you guys can give would be appriciated, thanks.

Welcome to the VaporTalk Forum, we're glad your here.

When I started vaping all of the juice from one supplier tasted the same except for the dramatically unique flavors like coffee and banana. I have noticed that after a month of not smoking analogues and only vaping, my tastes have greatly improved and I can discern one flavor from another. I have noticed that the juice from Johnson Creek has a very subtle flavor and not much vapor. If you are using this brand of e-Juice then you might want to try another brand like the VaporTalk Juice or the e-Juice at AwesomeVapor.com, Liquid Express is good also and so is Parked's e-Juice, available at dietSMOKES.com. Hope this helps.