YAY! My first working coil!

robv1978

What gauge coil are you using?? I only ask because i recently got 33 gauge myself and want about 2.5ohm when i get around to wrapping it. If you did 5 loops I'll probably want a few more than that... No idea about the wicking slow (unless the coil is too tight) what grade mesh did you use??

Congrats!!! How awesome is this. Sweet!

Your wicking is slow? Is the other end of the wick also at a 45% angle? The angle really helps to get the juice slurping.

The wick is a little high, above your center post height. When you put the cap on, it might short a bit. Try cutting it either level with or a bit lower than your center post.

The OHMs will increase as the coil breaks in. You're going to love how easy it is to just unwrap a coil or two, to get your preferred resistance back. This is so cool. I'm really happy for you!!

Edited by Uma

What type of mod are you using? The electronic ones seem to prefer 1.5 and higher.

The mechanical mods prefer even lower. (just be sure to keep track of your battery life level and don't let the life get too low).

Did you pre-season your wick? Sometimes that helps to fast-forward the wicking and flavor. (drip juice on wick, light with bic, let fire die naturally, repeat 2 more times).

The wick and coil look nice. I can't tell if there is any airspace around the wick and the wickhole though. Try rolling it just a 100th's of a fraction smaller and see if that helps with the wicking.

if it still won't work right, (sometimes this happens even with the pros who've never had it happen before), go ahead and try the silica dangle thread trick. Or the Bluegrass's cotton trick.

Good luck! Wish I could help more.