Genesis V2

robv1978

I received my Genesis V2 today and it doesn't seem to be wicking. It has a pre installed steel mesh wick @1.6 ohm. I'm using a 65/35 Pg/Vg juice. I'm new to this so helpful advice would be appreciated. And yes, I know there are better/ more expensive ones out there but like I said I am brand new to this and didn't want to spend much more than I did. Thanks. :-)

Edited by robv1978

Since I've never used one of these you can take these ideas for what they are worth lol

From what I have read you could try dropping a few drops of juice directly on the wick to help start the capillary action,check to make sure the coil isn't too tightly wrapped around the wick and maybe try removing the filler hole screw(if it has one)for a few minutes to give it time to start the wicking process.

Hopefully one of the experts (uma :) ) will be along soon with better help.

Honey, nobody is pushing the "more expensive ones". They push the "safer" & less quirky ones, and they usually cost only a few dollars more. Clones are a great way to learn the curves with. It's everyone's own personal choice, but not everyone is aware of understand the diversity out there. It's worth waiting 5-10 bucks more for one that is usable for a long time, even after the learning curves are mastered. After the curves are mastered, the world is your oyster!! From clones to Hybrids and every genny in between. Life is sweet, yes it is.

One of the cheap ones that are better than all the other cheap clone predecessors, is the AGA-T+(2) series. I'm not familiar with what you call "the genesis v2," .. but I'll assume it's the AGA-T+(2) or similar to.

Joe!!!! You're brainstorming great! Especially for someone who doesn't even have one yet. You''ve so got to try one.

oh, and ps, I'm not a pro LOL, I just have some experience with them & like to help others start theirs. . :) You're too sweet. :)

Try Joe's tips, and if those don't help, then try rerolling your wick a different way. If you used a paperclip to create a small strawhole, then try a solid wick and leave air around the wickhole itself. As for me, I've had the best luck with a needle sized strawhole in the center of the wick, combined with a slightly snug fit in the wickhole.

I leave my refill screws in all the time or they flood. YMmv

Make sure:

Your wick is straight and true

Your coils are not too tight or too lose, just firm snug.

Your wick isn't touching any part of the genny. (tank sides, bottom, cap cover, post, screw, base).

Season by direct dripping onto the wick.

Tilt it at 2:00 position until it's wicking well on it's own perhaps.

Tilt it upside down, wait for a drip to drip out, fire the button, make vapor, release button... repeat....

Good luck!

OK, do I finally got it wicking. I changed the wick and it was going well. I wrapped my first coil and it came in @ 1.6 ohms. It was vaping pretty good but I was getting that funky taste, more research tells me it needs to break in. But, now I keep popping coils. Initially no hot spots are showing and it heats up uniformly. It pops right off the positive post. I tried allowing a bit more slack and running it tight but it's keeps popping. I'm using my Vamo on VP mode @ 7-8 watts, that's my sweet spot. UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!! WHY DID I HAVE TO START THIS!!! LOL

Edited by robv1978

Hang in there, you'll master it yet.

Can you post a pic?

Being a clone, your wickhole is probably spaced too far away from the positive post (center pole). This distance assures hot spots and popped coils. We want the wick to be as close to the post as possible, without touching. There are ways to achieve this.

1. add 2 washers (as shown in MSE's aga-t+ thread (size 2.5mm I believe, but don't quote me).

2. Wind the top tail wire back towards the wick. Wind it around the lead line that goes towards the center post. Hard to explain. Instead of clipping off the tail of the top coil after tightening it down, just wind it back towards the wick.

The washers work the best for most attys, ymmv.

Your goal, is to keep the wick straight and true, without touching any metal at all...

Hopefully MSE will drop in and help to explain. :)