Carto Tanks giving me fits

So i use Vivi Novas often but i stil like having a carto tank or two in my arsenal ready to go. I've always used Smoktek DCT tanks with a single coil 1.7ohm ressurectur, prepunched in them. Works well, but the flavor i get out of my LR boge's is just superior.

However, everytime i try to punch one of my boges for a tank it just gives me fits. Pushing the carto into the tank takes forever and is extremely difficult, and when i finally get it into place, refilling the tanks is a nightmare. The carto won't budge and i've pulled the caps off the tank more than once spilling/wasting the juice inside. And i was under the impression that Smoktek tanks should be the easiest to slide cartos into and out of.

I though it was the saddle valve i used to punch them that was distorting the carto too much but now i'm using a carto punch from gr modders and its the same story. So what am i missing? Do i need a new tank specifically designed for boges or what?

Wish I could help ya buddy. I haven't punched them in a long while.

Are you setting the carto down on a brick? Or do punchers need bricks? See! I haven't done it since back in the old nail and hammer days lol.

While you're waiting to get a proper answer, I can tempt you with yet another puncher. :) Just think! Pretty soon, if you keep this up, you'll become the famous puncher reviewer. :)

http://www.atmizoo.com/shop/pecker/?lang=en

I know this doesn't answer you question about punching cartos, but you should try these out. I've completely ditched poly-filled cartos since trying my first SmokTech CE2 tank carto, and I've yet to have the first leak or gurgle. They come in 1.5Ω DC, 2Ω DC, and 3Ω SC, and shipping is fast. I've been using them for weeks now and have zero complaints. :thumbup:

If you wanna stick with the Boges, though, you can get five pre-punched Boge 2Ω or 3Ω single-coil tank cartos (regular or XL) from Sweet Vapes for $7.95 + shipping, or five Boge 1.6Ω F16 single-coil tank cartos from Sure Vapes for $5.99 shipped. I'm sure that there are plenty of other vendors selling pre-punched Boges...those were just the first two that came to mind.

One more thing. I find that using a tank filler drip tip makes inserting the carto through the internal tank o-rings a lot easier. It also helps when it's time to remove the tank from the carto because it gives you something to push against. Oh, yeah...it makes filling your tank a cinch.

gallery_15088_188_16701.jpg

gallery_15088_188_14041.jpg

Edited by Rixter

Got the tank filler tip. Prepunched could be the solution tho. I'm also gonna try picking up some new inner o-rings for the 2 tanks that are giving me the most trouble. I've got plenty of gear to keep me vapin happily, so its by no means an emergency, i just still love my boges :)

I'm about to save you time, juice, money, and a headache. Check out valley vapes. This guy makes tanks that use grommets instead of caps and I swear they are the best thing out there. You're probably thinking, oh no way they'll leak or they'll slide all over the place. They don't period. Seriously I was at my wits end trying to force the punched cartos into the end caps and filling was just bs. They have tanks as cheap as $7.99 and up to 25 for Pyrex if that's what you want. Get one with the side fill and you're going to be happy. I don't work for them or anything just a very happy customer. You will not be disappointed at all. I've used them for several months now and would never go back to a standard tank. I hope you will check them out, seriously no leaks and no fighting at all.:D

Edit: I use the standard length boges and the grommets are not affected by the shape that results from punching. I'm sure you could use anything in them with great results. I have two of these tanks currently and on Friday I will be getting at least two more. I only have the economy polypro 3ml ones but I'm planning on getting a jumbo polypro and a Pyrex sidewinder. :)

Edited by mse12

Hmm. you may have conviced me. I'll give one of them a shot and let ya know how it goes. I have xxl boges, the 50mm so i'll pick up one of the bigger tanks and give it a shot. Thanks!

You really won't be disappointed. For the price just pick up one of the economy line tanks. That way if you just don't like it at all you haven't spent much of anything. I was seriously doubtful about the grommets but they have more than proven themselves to me. I have no leaking and I can pull the whole mod up by the tank without it slipping. They are easy to put together. The way I do it is to put the bottom grommet on, push it into the tank, put a small drip tip on, slide the top grommet over the tip and push it into the tank. Once it's all together just take the fill plug out and fill. Voila done. Easy, no mess and perfect vape. :D

@

Rixter

Have you ever tried rebuilding these?

They look rly interesting!

Found this pic on google

How is the flavor and the feeling of the draw compared to a cato and a vivi nova?

I've not tried rebuilding a CE2 tank carto, but at less than $2 a piece, I have no problem tossing them and popping in a fresh one when the draw gets tight (which hasn't happened yet after several weeks of use). I keep waiting on my 3Ω single coil CE2 to die so I can replace it with a new LR dual-coil CE2 I just got, but the single-coil just won't die!

In my opinion, they taste just as good as a poly-filled tank carto, but I haven't experienced any leaking like I did with regular tank cartos. I can also say that, at least in my experience, the CE2s don't require the power that poly-filled cartos need to give you great taste, throat hit, and vapor. At 6 watts, my single-coil CE2 behaves like my old single-coil tank cartos did at 8+ watts. It's like the coil gets hotter with less power for some reason.

Maybe it's because, as you can see in the photo below, the coil is very exposed to the draw path. It's almost like a drip atty coil instead of a coil surrounded by poly-fill, as in traditional tank cartos.

gallery_15088_188_17526.jpg

I've not tried rebuilding a CE2 tank carto, but at less than $2 a piece, I have no problem tossing them and popping in a fresh one when the draw gets tight (which hasn't happened yet after several weeks of use). I keep waiting on my 3Ω single coil CE2 to die so I can replace it with a new LR dual-coil CE2 I just got, but the single-coil just won't die!

In my opinion, they taste just as good as a poly-filled tank carto, but I haven't experienced any leaking like I did with regular tank cartos. I can also say that, at least in my experience, the CE2s don't require the power that poly-filled cartos need to give you great taste, throat hit, and vapor. At 6 watts, my single-coil CE2 behaves like my old single-coil tank cartos did at 8+ watts. It's like the coil gets hotter with less power for some reason.

Maybe it's because, as you can see in the photo below, the coil is very exposed to the draw path. It's almost like a drip atty coil instead of a coil surrounded by poly-fill, as in traditional tank cartos.

gallery_15088_188_17526.jpg

Ill have to try one of these :yes

I love the concept behind it