Help?

Niki

Hi. I have recently decided to try the vaping thing, so I ordered the KR808D-1 and received it today. I have read a lot of reviews, which leads me to believe that something is not right. First, the instructions say to let the battery charge for eight hours, but the batteries were fully charged when I received them. Do I leave them on the charger anyway? (That doesn't sound right). Second, I put the cart on and there is little to no vapor. I have tried EVERYTHING I could find to try. If I take a "primer" puff, I will get a little vaper, but when I inhale, there's nothing. I tried two different batteries and two different carts. I am getting frustrated now. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

First of all Niki welcome to the forums! :) Let's take a look at your issues

Hi. I have recently decided to try the vaping thing, so I ordered the KR808D-1 and received it today. I have read a lot of reviews, which leads me to believe that something is not right.

I'm not a big fan of the KR series but they do work pretty well once you get them going. Where did you purchase yours from?

First, the instructions say to let the battery charge for eight hours, but the batteries were fully charged when I received them. Do I leave them on the charger anyway? (That doesn't sound right).

The batteries on an ecig are lithium ion. They come 80% charged, you need to put them into the charger until they are 100%. (The light on the charger will turn green) They do NOT need to be charged for 8 hours. This was a misconception that started way back when that I just don't feel like typing out. It ended up making it into instruction manuals. Just ignore it, China doesn't know what it's talking about ;)

Second, I put the cart on and there is little to no vapor. I have tried EVERYTHING I could find to try. If I take a "primer" puff, I will get a little vaper, but when I inhale, there's nothing. I tried two different batteries and two different carts. I am getting frustrated now. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

You are using what's called a Cartomizer model, the atomizer is built into each cart. You have to learn how to use an ecig, it doesn't work the way a normal "analog" does. Rather than take quick hard drags, try taking slower long drags (about 4 seconds worth) That should help you get more vapor. The draw on a cartomizer should feel like your taking soda from a straw. If the draw seems harder, then you have a dud cart.

Don't forget to check out the noobie videos and the video review area which should help you out quite a bit :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Niki and welcome,

I started out with a similar model to yours. Like Chris said, it takes a little time to get the atty (atomizer) broke in. Unfortunately with a cartomizer you have to do this every time you change carts (cartridges). As with most of us, you will be ordering a new 3 piece e-cig in the near future. The 3 piece unit like the Joye510, DSE901, and DSE801-Penstyle, deliver more vapor and are less expensive as you are only refilling with juice and not replacing the atty after the cart is empty.

Hang in there. With our help you will be "analog smoke-free" in no time. It only took me 4 days to drop the cancer sticks.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the Welcome! :)

First of all Niki welcome to the forums! :) Let's take a look at your issues

I'm not a big fan of the KR series but they do work pretty well once you get them going. Where did you purchase yours from?

I did a lot of research about this model and they had a lot of good reviews. I bought it from a website for JustVape. They seemed to have the same thing everyone else had but a lot cheaper.

The batteries on an ecig are lithium ion. They come 80% charged, you need to put them into the charger until they are 100%. (The light on the charger will turn green) They do NOT need to be charged for 8 hours. This was a misconception that started way back when that I just don't feel like typing out. It ended up making it into instruction manuals. Just ignore it, China doesn't know what it's talking about ;)

That is what I figured about the battery, so I guess I can rule that out as a problem.

You are using what's called a Cartomizer model, the atomizer is built into each cart. You have to learn how to use an ecig, it doesn't work the way a normal "analog" does. Rather than take quick hard drags, try taking slower long drags (about 4 seconds worth) That should help you get more vapor. The draw on a cartomizer should feel like your taking soda from a straw. If the draw seems harder, then you have a dud cart.

I have tried that too, along with a lot of other different things. What is happening (which makes me wonder if its just me) is I can get SOME vapor, when I don't inhale, be after I inhale it, there's nothing left?

Don't forget to check out the noobie videos and the video review area which should help you out quite a bit :) Let me know if you have any other questions!

I have been to all of the noobie threads, watched ALL of the UTube videos I could find, learned all the terms (lol) and everything.

This makes me wonder if this is just not for me. I was so excited and determined to quit smoking cigarettes, especially since I know that lung cancer runs in my family (even the non-smokers). I am really getting frustrated (as I puff on a cancer stick) :(

Hi Niki and welcome,

I started out with a similar model to yours. Like Chris said, it takes a little time to get the atty (atomizer) broke in. Unfortunately with a cartomizer you have to do this every time you change carts (cartridges). As with most of us, you will be ordering a new 3 piece e-cig in the near future. The 3 piece unit like the Joye510, DSE901, and DSE801-Penstyle, deliver more vapor and are less expensive as you are only refilling with juice and not replacing the atty after the cart is empty.

Hang in there. With our help you will be "analog smoke-free" in no time. It only took me 4 days to drop the cancer sticks.

Thank you too for replying and the welcome :)

I am kind of lazy and wanted to take the "easy" route. I thought it would help me to quit easier. I have really got to get this figured out and make it work because I need to get my dad on board. We are afraid that he is getting emphazima so I am desperate to make him quit. Truthfully, I don't have the money to try all the different products, but I spend it anyway because I am so worried about him, (which makes me want to smoke even more?!?)

I have seen a lot of good reviews about the 510 too, so maybe I will have to give up on this one and try that.

Thanks again for your reply.

I ordered my 901 from awesomevapor.com and it works great - I also own a M401 dragon from truesmoker.com

They're both really nice units, the Dragon has lots of vapor, good battery life, and has a really nice throat hit. The only downside is I have to drip a little more often than I would like but it's not annoying and a get a good 5-8 LARGE hits. The package is great because you receive two batteries and atomizers.

Hi Niki and welcome to the forum as well.

My first e-cig is the KR808D model like you have. I was experiencing the same problem as you at first. I still use them occasionally due to size convienence etc..

So this is what I do to get it to put out vapor:

Like Chris said I take a long slow 4 second draw off it... Immediately followed by some short puffs. Then another long draw... I repeat this process a couple of times, especially with a brand new cartomizer.. It sounds crazy, but you have to get the thing hot.The next couple of hits you take should get better and better. Not sure why, but when the cartomizer gets hot, it's really the only time that these models seem to put out enough vapor.

Like everyone else, I moved on to the 510, and the other models like the 801, and 901. All of these are excellent models. Hope this helps you out!

Hi Niki and welcome to the forum as well.

My first e-cig is the KR808D model like you have. I was experiencing the same problem as you at first. I still use them occasionally due to size convienence etc..

So this is what I do to get it to put out vapor:

Like Chris said I take a long slow 4 second draw off it... Immediately followed by some short puffs. Then another long draw... I repeat this process a couple of times, especially with a brand new cartomizer.. It sounds crazy, but you have to get the thing hot.The next couple of hits you take should get better and better. Not sure why, but when the cartomizer gets hot, it's really the only time that these models seem to put out enough vapor.

Like everyone else, I moved on to the 510, and the other models like the 801, and 901. All of these are excellent models. Hope this helps you out!

Hi, Thank you. I have been messing with this thing all day, and I think I am finally starting to get some vapor. I just started puffing on it until it felt warm, and it seemed to make a little difference. I can't really taste the difference in the flavors though. I have tried a chocolate (doesn't taste like chocolate) and a RY4. I'll keep playing with it and hopefully it will get better. If not, I will try something else. Thanks again!

Well I hope you are able to get at least a little vapor. From the sounds of things, it just isn't a good model. You should be able to blow out clouds of vapor the same way we do on the videos. It's not hard to do, So if you can't get the same effect, then something is wrong with the model and not anything you are doing :) The thing is I have a KR model here and I'm actually able to get decent vapor from it. The model I have came from Vapor Nine. I don't use it often, but it still works pretty well.

Hi, Niki and welcome to VaporTalk. As you have already experienced, there are a lot of members here that want to help. I have not had any experience with the model that you have purchased, but it seems to me that you may have a bad product. I would try to return it for a refund and purchase a product that has a better reputation. When I became interested in e-Cigs I did a lot of research, watched every video I could find on the different products out there and spent a lot of time reading these topics at VaporTalk. I settled on the DSE901 and the DSE801 from AwesomeVapor.com. They are very reasonably priced and the people over there have a great reputation. In my dealings with them, I find that they truly want to help you become a success in your endeavor of quitting smoking analogue cigarettes. I also want to encourage you not to give up. I smoked analogues since I was 6 years old and was up to a pack a day since 16 years old. I am now 41 and have tried everything on the market including hypnotism to quit and nothing has worked for me except the e-Cig. I am done with analogue cigarettes and will never return to that lifestyle, I owe this to Chris and Sean, the members of VaporTalk and Arno and Amanda at AwesomeVapor.com.

The models that I have had have given me the vapor production like to guys in the videos right out of the box. You can expect diminishing returns as the battery gets used and needs to be recharged. Hopefully you will find a unit that will work for you and your Dad. You might even want to look at the VP units at VaprLife.com. I have two of the VP2 units and they vape strong for 8-9 hours on a single battery. They are all I currently use now.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. The good news is that I have kept trying and I think it does just take a little while to break in the carts. I still don't get a lot of vapor, but enough to satisfy me for the time being. I have not bought a pack of smokes since Thursday, which is good, but I still find myself wanting to go out side to smoke, not that I really want a cigarette, I just want to go through the motions (or something). I think I am realizing that there is more to my habit than I thought. I guess its going to take a while to get used to. I am going to look into getting a 3 piece eventually.

• 10 months later...

Hi, hope this helps. I use the KR808d-1 shorty auto batteries. When I first started, I had the same problem. It is a learning curve we go through. Now I love it! Get great throat hit and vapor. When I put on a new cartomizer, I take a couple of draws into my mouth, (likke smokin a pipe) then a long draw. This I inhale. Seems the short puffs warm up the Cartomizer. The brand I use keeps the "oomph" all charge long, to maybe a puff or two, before it's time to charge.

I've tried a couple of 808d's and they are ok...not great but good.

You've gotten a lot of good info but I haven't noticed (maybe I missed it) any one mentioning to check the base of the cart where the threads are to see if the wrapper is covering any of the air flow vents. I had that problem with a couple of mine and after I cut the paper back a little it worked like a charm. It may just be air flow problem. But you still need to take slower smoother puffs, unlike you do with an analog. Hope this works, would hate for you to give up just because of a bad unit or carto. Keep us informed.

Good luck and happy vaping. :thumbsup: