How Do I Unflood A Dct?

Well I have my: DCT and it seems that I am getting little to no vapor production. I have had this happen quite often when I get a new cartomizer for it and fill it for the first time. Am I doing something wrong? I even let it sit to absorb the eliquid for over half an hour and it still is doing this. Eventually it goes away but it hasn't this time. So what can I do to fix this and prevent it from happening again?

I blew some of the liquid out of it and it is performing a little better just isn't giving off as much vapor as I remember. The last time I blew the liquid out of it every bit of it eventually came out of the tank.

I've had some issues with leaking tank cartos before and had temporary success stopping the leak by emptying the tank, blowing out the carto, vaping it with the tank installed but empty for about 20 pulls, and then refilling the tank. That only worked for a little while before the leaking returned, however.

I've used tank cartos from two places...Crystal Clear Vaping and Sure Vapes. One box from CCV had a single carto that leaked, so I tossed it and moved on to the next one in the pack. All the rest worked flawlessly...no others leaked. The first two out of the box from Sure Vapes leaked so I stopped using them altogether and decided to try something else.

That something else was CE2 Style DCT Tank Cartomizers from Hoosier E-cig. Of the box of five, I only had a problem with one, and that wasn't a leak issue. That one's resistance kept jumping around between 1.7 and 2.2, and it was supposed to be a 3Ω carto. It gave off a burnt taste so I assumed that there was something wrong with the way the coil was wrapped and tossed it. I've had no other problems with any of the rest, and I've had zero leaking since making the switch. They don't do well above 6 watts, but at 5.5 watts, they perform like poly-filled tank cartos at 8 watts...no kidding. I don't know why, but they do. It takes about a tank of e-liquid to break them in, but once that's done, they are truly phenomenal.

Well I haven't got a watt mod yet. I only have a VV one no VW one yet. I do hope to get one eventually but I don't think I will. Spending 30 something on this one I have now is enough for me. I will only spend that amount for juices if I ever get that amount anymore. I already spent 30 for some juices to restock as I had none and needed some. I will have a triple coil cartomizer in the mail soon. I am hoping it will perform will I got it from that totally wicked eliquid site couldn't find a better place to get it in the us. I plan on getting the wick cartomizers for my tank next that have the big holes in it. I can only assume it will be really easy to fill and should be no leaks so easily like the polyfill ones I always overfill them and get them to leak out the bottom.

Voltage squared divided by resistance equals wattage. 4v on a 3Ω carto puts 5.33 watts to the coil. 4 times 4 equals 16. 16 divided by 3 equals 5.33. That's where I'd start with the CE2 tank cartos. :yes

Edited by Rixter

How are you initially filling your cartos? Are dripping in the top or what? I had HUGE problems with cartos for the longest time. I never could get it right, either the holes I punched would be wonky and not let the caps sit right, or they would flood, or a combination of the two...I essentially gave up completely on cartos. After a couple months I was determined to get them to work. What I use now is standard length cartos made by boge. I fill them with the condom method, there really is minimal mess this way. You will loose a few drops but that's just collateral damage. The cartos are double punched and go inside tanks that I get from valley vapes. These tanks are polypro so they are not going to be damaged by any type of juice. They also use rubber grommets instead of end caps. You are probably thinking you wouldn't want to mess with something that sounds like it'll do nothing but leak. Trust me, they don't. Period, no leaks at all. These tanks use a side-fill hole and so filling becomes as simple as just opening it and inserting juice via syringe or blunt tip bottle. This has worked 100% of the time since I started using them. I hope that helps. The tanks I use are 3ml capacity and cost a whopping $7 from valleyvapes.com the boge cartos run anywhere from $6-$8 for a five pack and I typically change them out once a week just for flavor. I typically push between 30-50ml through them before the flavor substantially falls. :D This method/gear is solid and has not failed me yet.

What I use now is standard length cartos made by boge. I fill them with the condom method, there really is minimal mess this way.

Every tank carto I've used in the past has had a flange plate on the bottom that stops the tank in the proper position, but pretty much prohibits filling by condom method. Are your cartos flange-less, and If so, what keeps the tank from sliding down too far?

Edited by Rixter

Every tank carto I've used in the past has had a flange plate on the bottom that stops the tank in the proper position, but pretty much prohibits filling by condom method. Are your cartos flange-less, and If so, what keeps the tank from sliding down too far?

I use just standard 35mm boge stainless cartos. No flange. These are punched by either me or the vendor. The grommets I use with my tanks grab the carto and once both top and bottom are on it's not moving. I can pick up the entire mod with just holding the tank and never even think about it slipping. I pull them out of pockets by the tank and never had an issue. It's just the way they are. When I was using regular xl tanks w/ caps I would use just ss smok cartos w/out a flange. They wouldn't slip either. The caps would slip at the beginning but would typically grab on after the first little while and they held well too. I've never had a loose fitting tank...I guess some could be a looser fit than I'm used to?

Mine has the flange on the bottom. I just put my tank in a dark place for several hours and for some odd reason I had brown liquid coming out the holes in the cartomizer. Is this suppose to happen? I shook it up for a little bit and it was gone then it came out another hole. Eventually I got it to stop coming out by shaking it up for a little while but it turned my liquid a little bit of a light brown color. The liquid I am using is: Technicolor The juice was clear when I got it in the mail with about 3 days transit time when it was made. But it didn't turn this color until I set it in a dark place and found brown coming out of 2 of 3 of the holes that is in the cartomizer.

All coils will darken liquid after awhile. My wife vapes a vivi nova mini for example. The only juice that has ever seen the inside of that is menthol from tvr. It's clear when you buy it and about a month later when she's at the bottom of a 30ml bottle it is still crystal clear. If you look at the wicks inside her nova they are the slightest shade of brown. She's never had brown liquid in it but yet its definitely brown. This is from the process of heating the juice. They are not 100% efficient so you will have some atomized juice that apparently darkens and remains, ultimately finding its way to your tank or in her case the wicks.

Well that is what I thought it was. I was thinking it might be burnt juice but it is only coming out to be a very slight brown. But it does still taste a little strong. I guess I shouldn't have asked for extra flavor. Mister-E-Liquid has always been good about making juice and I never had any issues. Just I thought the flavor would be weak since it was the zebra gum flavor.

It hasn't even been a full week and now the color of the liquid in my tank is a reddish brown color. It seems that it has gotten really strong now too. It has extra flavor in it and it is 32MGs. I have used 32MGs before but it has been awhile I have just been using 24 lately and found it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

i turn my unit over so the liquid dont cover the hole/holes. and just burn it. after about 2 or 3 good hits it tends to dry out and hit like a dream. if your punching your cartos or widening the existing holes dont go so far cuz it will flood the carto. hope this helps!

also i get the brown/black liquid seeping out of the holes after a week of use. its just the burnt liquid from the filler. its never tasted any different till about a couple days after the darker liquid came out. ive never really had a problem with my dct except for the occasional dud carto

Well these new cartos I have have 3 holes in them. They are prepunched so I am thinking it can't be flooding because of that. I am using a new liquid now and it isn't flooding. But the flavor is just really outstanding. I just can't quite figure out the flavors in it it is a Mystere