Starting From Scratch Diy

mse12

So I've been vaping now for almost one year! Yay, now I want to start mixing my own juice. I have no supplies other than a ton of empty bottles. I vape 50/50 mix at 12mg and am very pleased with that as a potential starting point.

First off what supplies can I source locally vs online. I want to pick up what I can locally. Second what physical supplies do I need as in graduated cylinders etc? Lastly where do you prefer to buy your nic base and flavorings? I want to start on the small scale until I get it right so I don't need gallons upon gallons of stuff.

I've got rba's down for the most part so this is the final step for me to be self sufficient. Thanks for all the help in advance!

Happy vaping!

Edited by mse12

This is what works for me. I have found that Wizard Labs is my one stop shop for DIY juice. You can do it 1 of 2 ways the easiest is just order pre-mixed liquid in the strength and vg/pg percentage that you want to be at like 12mg 50/50 up to 500 m/l. Then order however many flavors you want to try (they are only $1.49 for an 8 m/l glass vial) and add the liquid and flavor to one of your spare bottles. Most people start at 10% flavor so in a 10 m/l bottle add 1 m/l of flavor fill with liquid and shake very simple. Or you can order a higher % of nicotine and some pg and vg and cut down to whatever level you want using a downloadable ejuice calculator. I recommend that you order syringes and needles of various sizes while you are there also (very cheap). That is what I use to measure and mix with and have not needed graduated cylinders. They are known for the security of the packages, quality of nicotine, and great prices.

Also if you order over $65.00 it ships free.

I get much of my stuff from ecig express...very good selection of supplies, flavors, nicotine, PG/VG. It takes a bit to build up supplies, especially flavors....so many flavors. My personal favorites are still flavor west and flavour Art.

to start: keep things simple....I use a syringe and blunt needle. some 3 ml bottles are great for mixing in small amounts until you find a mix you like...much less to waste.

if you have an android....I love the 'eliquid recipe manager'. very easy to use and can calculate multiple flavors.

Merry Mixing !!!

So on Kitsune's advice I made my first DIY order from www.ecigexpress.com last night. Here is it, did I miss anything essential to start trying?

Qty.ProductsTotal

1 ea. Propylene Glycol USP (Select Size)

• Size - 120ml

$5.99

1 ea.Vegetable Glycerin USP (Select Size)

• Size - 120ml

$5.99

1 ea.Menthol Arctic by FlavorArt (Select Size)

• Size - 10ml

$3.99

1 ea.Blueberry By Flavor West

• Size - 10ml

$2.99

1 ea.Pomegranate by Flavor West

• Size - 10ml

$2.99

1 ea.Lemonade by Flavor West

• Size - 10ml

$2.99

1 ea.100mg Unflavored e-Liquid Nicotine (Select Size)

• Base - PG
  • Size - 30ml

$10.99

1 ea.Extreme Ice By Flavor West

• Size - 10ml

$2.99

1 ea.RY4 Asian (Select Size)

• Size - 10ml

$3.49

1 ea.Tobacco Express 555 10ml

$3.99

1 ea.Menthol Crystals (Select Size)

• Size - 20 grams

$4.99

If I missed anything obviously please let me know ASAP so I can get another order in. Also I need some recommendations for a good calculator. I bought 100mg/ml nic base hoping it will go farther. I want to bring the mixes down to roughly 10-12mg/ml. I also want to be able to play with different levels of pg/vg ratios. Also how much flavoring do you all typically use I've seen anywhere from 5%-30% where would a good starting point be? I know, full of questions, thank you for your time!

• 1 month later...

After 6 weeks where did this journey end up?? What was on the second order?? Did you cut down the nic juice or make vanilla cupcakes out of your blueberry/pomegranate yet?? Toasted marshmallow Tobacco anyone??

Well to be honest the only flavor that I like is the blueberry and menthol. The other flavors are kind of eh, whatever. I've not purchased any juice since this diy order so that's a plus. I'm down to mixing 4-6mg nic levels so the base nic is going a very long way. I'm going to be sticking with this but I'm sure there will be the occasional premix juice order as I really miss some of those flavors. I really wish some of the big vendors would sell their flavors straight for mixing your own but that'll never happen. I definitely need to invest in a better selection of flavors though.

I definitely need to invest in a better selection of flavors though.

Thanks for the update mse. You just added caramel, marshmallow, and butter compliments to my first diy shopping list; whenever that happens.