Vamo Issue/question.

mse12

So I picked up a VAMO from electronicstix.com. I love this device but I've run into a problem. On my device the first battery tube that is supposed to be attached to the head comes off. This tube is just pressed onto the head. When I first received the device the device was "bent" and I realized that this tube was tilted to one side. I was able to push it back into place and all seemed fine. Now after about a week of daily use this tube is coming off more freely. I fear this is going to become an issue of just falling off. I have not contacted the vendor yet and I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this. I love the performance of the vamo but I have to figure out how to attach this in a more permanent fashion. Any insight will be great! Pics should be attached.

-mse12

post-14739-0-68282000-1356804186_thumb.j

post-14739-0-88189200-1356804202_thumb.j

post-14739-0-92843200-1356804216_thumb.j

I have not contacted the vendor yet...

Contact the vendor.

If it were me, I'd let them know right away, and explain that you weren't sure it wasn't supposed to break down that far. lol

They'll more than likely RMA it for you with no problem...they're pretty reputable. If not, raise **** on the forums about it.

My 2¢ worth.

Edited by Rixter

I agree, I actually sent them an email immediately after posting this...while it was fresh on my mind. I'll find out what they will do about it. It may be fine I just haven't heard anyone else talking about this. I don't want it to become something that just falls apart every time I use it. I have been using this device daily since the 24th and I love it! The device operates perfectly I'm just kinda loss about this tube coming off. If this tube is designed to come off it should be threaded IMO. If it isn't meant to come off then attach it in a way that it won't.

-mse12

I have, the only reason that I didn't respond is because I have not tried it with an 18350 or two 18350's. I only have 18650's so I've been using the single 18650 option. Even if I bought a couple 18350's I'd have to buy another charger as well...that sucks. lol

The NiteCore intellicharger i4 is a good one... charges all sizes, even the 25**** . Don't even need spacers for the 18350's either, cuz it's spring loaded. :)

Wow, well, now I know one of the corner cutting procedures they took in order to keep the price way low. I'm sure there'll be a jimmy-rig fix for it soon. Liquid nails, duct tape and baling twine, rubber band bungee cord, drills and gasket screws, ....

That's a shame. Hopefully, in time, they'll come up with a good overall quality built one without any cut corners. I'm sure we'll all jump on them, knowing how much we love the cheap version.

I'm awaiting JeepBear's next coop for the SS version. :)

haha, yeh, those are really nice for the buck too. They should be after all the work, communicating, that Rusalka and Sanjose put into it for the coop folk. (which, incidentally, finally went live yesterday!).

But, I still like the user-friendly menu of the Vamo much better. We need Rusalka and Sj to host an SS Vamo coop!

So, I asked around, and from what I gather, they are supposed to be slip on in order to keep the wires from twisting up. Most of them stay together, but a few, like yours, have indeed slid apart. Hopefully the store where you bought it will be able to replace it. The next one should be stout, according to the odds...

Hmmmm first I have heard of this problem but if you bought from a good retailer he should make it right . I have a joyech ego twist , a vamo a lava tube and a pro vari IMO the vamo is #1 the twist is #2 the pro vari is good but not worth the hi price the lavatube is good but no adjustable watts , but all are so much better that non adjustable that there is no comparison

So I picked up a VAMO from electronicstix.com. I love this device but I've run into a problem. On my device the first battery tube that is supposed to be attached to the head comes off. This tube is just pressed onto the head. When I first received the device the device was "bent" and I realized that this tube was tilted to one side. I was able to push it back into place and all seemed fine. Now after about a week of daily use this tube is coming off more freely. I fear this is going to become an issue of just falling off. I have not contacted the vendor yet and I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this. I love the performance of the vamo but I have to figure out how to attach this in a more permanent fashion. Any insight will be great! Pics should be attached.

-mse12

attachicon.gifP1020203.JPG

attachicon.gifP1020206.JPG

attachicon.gifP1020208.JPG

You have a me concerned now,i thought the vamo was a solid constructed machine,maybe its designed this way too service the electronics inside,bit you say it isnt threaded?

You have a me concerned now,i thought the vamo was a solid constructed machine,maybe its designed this way too service the electronics inside,bit you say it isnt threaded?

The third picture is a picture of the bottom of the head. Zero threads. I'm assuming they didn't expect this tube to come apart.

Jason is a good dude I am sure he will make it right.Just give him a fair chance.

I will give him a chance. I emailed him the day I started this thread. No response as of yet but I understand the weekend and holiday so I'll give him a few days. I'm hoping he will help me out.