Starting The Wife On Vaping Today

The wife has been still on the analogs and it's driving me nuts! It costs a fortune, stinks up the house, makes me want one, but most importantly, it's going to kill her eventually. I love her too much have her leave me too soon. She's already had a run with cancer and smoking is about the worse thing she can do. I can't stand to watch the love of my life killing herself.

So I got smart and told her we would redecorate the house, including re-painting the rooms but not if she was going to keep smoking in the house and crud the walls up again. Now she has decided no more smoking in the house and she promises to vape only in the house. I bought her a cute, pink 801 from VaporKing (one of the atomizer blew out in a week, BTW), loaded that sucker up with 24mg B & H (her brand) and hope this is the start of a new day.

Has anybody else found a good way to get a loved one to switch over to vaping?

To be honest man, I haven't even had to try and get a loved one to switch over. I hope everything goes well though. Ask her if she likes what you have for her right now and get her interested in buying all kinds of new flavors, atomizers, models, accessories, etc. It may be a bit expensive I know but, at least she will be distracted enough to stay off analogs until doesn't like them anymore either. I'm sure it will still be cheaper for you than the analogs were too. You may have to sacrifice a bit of extra money up front, but if it works if will still be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy cheaper in the long run I assure you.

I would give this stuff a try and let's go from there. Keep us updated and perhaps we can all help make this happen for the two of you.

It sounds like you are on the right track--just don't push too hard, let her find her own pace. get her looking at the flavors and the different possibilities. Personally--I love using finger nail stickers to decorate my 510's--she might like being able to personalize her new toy.

she will convert--redoing the house is a nice incentive. once she decides going outside to smoke is a pain in the butt and vaping inside is so much nicer......

I just got onto vaping, and after a week introduced it to my Mom and my brother. My brother liked the idea, let him try out my 510 and he said "hey, I think this will happen". I asked him if he thought our mom would be down with it, and he wasn't sure as she's getting older and doesn't like electronics etc., but he said it's worth a try. So I bought them both 510 starter kits with with all the extra's.

So far my bro has been vaping away. Mom however is back and forth between the analogs. I have spent a lot of time with her, showing her the tricks, dripping, when to charge, filling carts etc. and she has been coming around more and more. I have tried to just lay off and take a kick back attitude toward her about it. My plan is just to be patient and be there for support and technical help, order supplies and deal with that stuff for her, and hope she drops the analogs entirely. I will just have to be patient, and not badger her over the matter and I think that will win the day.

The wife has been still on the analogs and it's driving me nuts! It costs a fortune, stinks up the house, makes me want one, but most importantly, it's going to kill her eventually. I love her too much have her leave me too soon. She's already had a run with cancer and smoking is about the worse thing she can do. I can't stand to watch the love of my life killing herself.

So I got smart and told her we would redecorate the house, including re-painting the rooms but not if she was going to keep smoking in the house and crud the walls up again. Now she has decided no more smoking in the house and she promises to vape only in the house. I bought her a cute, pink 801 from VaporKing (one of the atomizer blew out in a week, BTW), loaded that sucker up with 24mg B & H (her brand) and hope this is the start of a new day.

Has anybody else found a good way to get a loved one to switch over to vaping?

Sounds to me like you have already found a good way. One thing that I know from experience, with any addiction such as drinking, eating or smoking. The person who has the problem will generally resist change if it is done in a forceful way, like slander, insults or threats. If you make little hints and say things that make the other person think about their problem and decide on their own to do something about it. Rather than it be your idea, sometimes you have to make them think that it's their idea. My wife used to complain all of the time about my smoking in the house and in the bedroom. When I'd light up after she was asleep, she would wake up and move to the spare bedroom. Being the A$$ I am, I let her know in no uncertain terms that this is my house and I pay the bills and I'll smoke in the house, when and where I feel like it. Well, I was wrong to have that attitude with my wife, I'm supposed to love her not make her life miserable, I promised this to her before God. It is human nature for a man (and some hard headed women) to think they are in the right, even when shown that they are wrong. I have been guilty of trying to cut off my nose to spite my face. But if someone is sly about it and can make me come to the right conclusion on my own, then things can work out better for everyone.

When you wife sees how much better you feel and how much money you are saving and realizes that her smoking is not doing you any good in your effort to stop, then she'll come around. You might want to have one of those tender little talks where you explain that you are trying to stop smoking so that you can be around to take care of her in the future, and the kids and the grandkids. Tell her that you worry about her future and if she'll be there for you and the kids and the grandkids. But by all means don't be an A$$ like I was and decree that she stop, because she'll just do it when you not around just to spite you, or in front of you for that matter. If that happens then you get into all of the "trust" bull crap and believe me you don't want to go there.

But like I said, sounds like your doing really well in convincing her, she is not smoking in the house anymore. One thing about this e-Cig thing for me is its a toy for me, trying to find the perfect unit to provide me with the perfect vape and all of the flavors. I've been vaping since September 17th, and I don't even miss the flavor of analogue cigarettes, I've even stopped smoking that one every few days to see if anythings changed, I'm done with them and won't look back.

If you find that she is having problems making the switch, give her subtle encouragement and do little nice things for her to let her know your thinking about her, they like that junk and a little of it sure goes a long way.

Sounds to me like you have already found a good way. One thing that I know from experience, with any addiction such as drinking, eating or smoking. The person who has the problem will generally resist change if it is done in a forceful way, like slander, insults or threats. If you make little hints and say things that make the other person think about their problem and decide on their own to do something about it. Rather than it be your idea, sometimes you have to make them think that it's their idea. My wife used to complain all of the time about my smoking in the house and in the bedroom. When I'd light up after she was asleep, she would wake up and move to the spare bedroom. Being the A$$ I am, I let her know in no uncertain terms that this is my house and I pay the bills and I'll smoke in the house, when and where I feel like it. Well, I was wrong to have that attitude with my wife, I'm supposed to love her not make her life miserable, I promised this to her before God. It is human nature for a man (and some hard headed women) to think they are in the right, even when shown that they are wrong. I have been guilty of trying to cut off my nose to spite my face. But if someone is sly about it and can make me come to the right conclusion on my own, then things can work out better for everyone.

When you wife sees how much better you feel and how much money you are saving and realizes that her smoking is not doing you any good in your effort to stop, then she'll come around. You might want to have one of those tender little talks where you explain that you are trying to stop smoking so that you can be around to take care of her in the future, and the kids and the grandkids. Tell her that you worry about her future and if she'll be there for you and the kids and the grandkids. But by all means don't be an A$$ like I was and decree that she stop, because she'll just do it when you not around just to spite you, or in front of you for that matter. If that happens then you get into all of the "trust" bull crap and believe me you don't want to go there.

But like I said, sounds like your doing really well in convincing her, she is not smoking in the house anymore. One thing about this e-Cig thing for me is its a toy for me, trying to find the perfect unit to provide me with the perfect vape and all of the flavors. I've been vaping since September 17th, and I don't even miss the flavor of analogue cigarettes, I've even stopped smoking that one every few days to see if anythings changed, I'm done with them and won't look back.

If you find that she is having problems making the switch, give her subtle encouragement and do little nice things for her to let her know your thinking about her, they like that junk and a little of it sure goes a long way.

Solid advice Brother.. I will utilize the wisdom and reminders in my own hopes for my family to quit smoking. I am a blessed man in that my wife has encouraged me greatly with vaping. She has been nothing but supportive, and encouraging. I as well have been on a quest to get the best vape, and have been spending a lot lately on my toys, but my wife just said to me earlier " I sure am glad you're not smoking honey, and I'm glad that you have the tools to keep you quit". That's all I could ask for....

Solid advice Brother.. I will utilize the wisdom and reminders in my own hopes for my family to quit smoking. I am a blessed man in that my wife has encouraged me greatly with vaping. She has been nothing but supportive, and encouraging. I as well have been on a quest to get the best vape, and have been spending a lot lately on my toys, but my wife just said to me earlier " I sure am glad you're not smoking honey, and I'm glad that you have the tools to keep you quit". That's all I could ask for....

My wife also has said noting about the expenditures on e-Cigs and accessories, but man is she happy I don't smoke anymore. We just spent six days on the road in a car together and there was nary a cross word between us the entire time. It's all because she didn't have to breathe my smoke and make those faces and roll all four windows down and piss me off. I have to say it was the best time I have spent with her since we were married.

i got hubby to switch first and made him think it was his idea. but men are easy. get her to check out what analogs do to your skin. how much better perfume will smell, hair dye will even take better when you dont have nicotine and everything else in your hair anymore.

Happy vaping and good luck

cindy

We just like you to think we are easy. We're actually very hard to per sway and very super manly with giant super smart minds. It's all part of our secret plan. Muah ha ha ha ha

uh huh that what we let you think we wrote your plan. lol

Quick! Someone tempt her with a chocolate covered strawberry, they love those things. Then when she's "nom nom nom"ing away.... BAG HER!

Speaking of Chocolate covered Strawberries, if JMHESTER is still trying to get his wife to convert, several e-Juice companies have Chocolate flavored e-Juice and Strawberry, why not mix the two and see if you cant get her to vape candy instead of smoking cancer!