Time To Fess Up

mcquinn

Well when I took my first vape, it was with high strength juice, and after the first 3 big hits dripping with a LR atomizer, I got so freakin dizzy I couldn't believe it. Right away I knew it was to strong, couldn't even sleep right away. Now I do the lowest strength, which is 0.8 nic %. Sometimes I feel that that is to weak, but I stick with it. I really need that throat hit though even if it's not big. My g/f smokes 0% nic, and no way could I do that, I'd probably just quit all together if 0 nic was my only option. But I absolutely agree with Northern Girl, much of the satisfaction for me comes from seeing a large, thick, billowing cloud exit when I exhale! No doubt about it. I could get plenty of nic in a hit but still wouldn't have the full satisfaction without a good cloud... Which makes me wonder... How many would still vape with very little or no cloud at all? Would simply injesting nicotine be enough? It would pretty much ruin it for me, I bet I wouldn't vape nearly as much... which then makes me wonder... How addicted to nic am I really...

I'm not addicted to nicotine nearly as much as I'm addicted to the act of smoking lol

• Hmmm, I recently (4 weeks ago) switched from a pack-a-day Marlboro Reds to vaping. From the beginning, I found that I could go an hour or more without vaping (I use 24% during the day, 18% from 8p to 6am). The cravings between vaping were not nearly as strong as those I used to have between cigarettes, and now I find myself going 3 to 4 hours without even thinking about vaping, which would never in a million years have happened with the Marlboros. So I think the cigarette companies put additives in their product to make them more addictive, because I'm finding that my body's craving for pure nicotine and the act of smoking is just not that strong. Just a thought. Also, I love feeling like I can breathe again; taste again; not smelling like an ashtray; being able to vape in places where analog smoking is prohibited; knowing I'm not putting thousands of carcinogens & tar into my body; saving money; not having my house look or smell like cigarettes (as much) anymore. I've almost convinced my husband to give up his cigarettes (he's agreed to try vaping at home & just do the analogs at work for now). I just need to find him "an acceptable tobacco-flavored juice" as he puts it.

I'm the same way 00MustangMom. I was so surprised when I realized I can go a LOT longer without vaping than I ever could go without a cigarette! Even then, the craving isn't near as hard and immediate when I do get it as it would have been for needing a cigarette. I tend to chain vape at times but it's a nice feeling to know I do it because I want to for the taste and not that I have to do it to get the nicotine.

Yes, I'm exactly the same as you, even down to the chain-vaping at times and the reason for it LOL. BTW, hubby found a couple good flavors of juice already and hasn't touched a single analog since Friday afternoon - looks like I'm buying another battery! How do you get the "Smoke Free for...days" banner on your posts? I filled one out but it doesn't show up?

Edited by 00MustangMom

If you want to cut down on the mg strength get a genny. Nicotine delivery is much more potent. Typically people cut their nicotine mg in half when switching to a genesis atomizerathlfet.gif

If you want to cut down on the mg strength get a genny. Nicotine delivery is much more potent. Typically people cut their nicotine mg in half when switching to a genesis atomizerathlfet.gif