Hello Again, Peeps - New Pv In The Mail

soso

Hi guys, been a minute... thought I'd drop by with an update

I've been analog-free since I joined this forum. Well over a year - I'd have to check my sig to even know how long.

For the last year and a half, I've been using my Notcigs Infinity Pro (2x14450) and DCT setup.. Which should be a real testament to the durability and reliability of that device. I'd never knock it. However, it's time for a change. Vaping has come a long way very quickly, and I wanted an updated, more elegant setup.

I was all ready to order a Provari Mini... and wound up getting a Vamo instead. The price, along with the significant increase in options and user-friendliness just made it the obvious choice (3 buttons, better screen/interface, variable wattage).

I also ordered a rebuildable tank atomizer in the hopes that "rolling my own" per se will alleviate the seriously bad consistency issues I've been experiencing from the pre-punched cartos lately.

The best part is that, no matter what resistance I wind my atomizer to, the variable wattage settings of the Vamo will automatically adjust and make it vape the same (if I want it to).

In the mail - I should get it today. I'll try to post my impressions after I've had some time with it.

I went with the chrome finish.

It didn't come today. My disappointment was palpable. Hopefully tomorrow.

I really was set on the Provari, but the price and features of the Vamo made me feel foolish to go with anything else. Unless I was really set on an all-mechanical mod or something it just doesn't make sense.

Got it today. I can give my initial impressions but I'll try not to say too much since I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase with it. First of all, this thing is built WELL. Heavy, solid, with very good fit & finish. Definitely does not have a "Chinese" feel to it. Everything works. Good positive feel to the buttons. Nice smooth threading too. I've been vaping it in mini mode because I'm kind of infatuated with the smaller size. It vapes like a high-wattage vv mod, which is to say... Like a truck. I'll use it for a few days and maybe do a proper review... But I think you're gonna love yours.

Thanks for the update and pic!! I'm pumped to get mine. I imagine i'll be using it in the mini mode for awhile for starters as well. Glad to hear the fit & finish impressed. With all these features i wasn't sure if anything would suffer in that area. For $60 this thing has to be value of the year!

You're welcome! I'd been anxiously waiting for it to arrive for days. It really is pretty awesome. I wish I could be as positive about the Smoktek R rebuildable tank. I've only had it since this afternoon and I've already had to drill out the wick holes, remove a wonky o-ring, and rewind one of the premade coils. The top cap doesn't thread onto the tank properly and can pop off. Pbusardo wasn't big on it and I have to agree.

Got it on Saturday, really liking it so far, but unfortunately the vendor didn't send me the magnetic spacer for 18650 mode, so my battery jiggles around and breaks the connection, turning it off extremely often. Because of that, i've only been using it in 18350 mode and haven't had any problems with that. Love the function and size of it. If only they could make some 18350 that could last me all day!

Love how big and clear the screen is, love the wattage mode, love the quick check for battery life and ohms (my previous lavatube knockoff just had the battery meter, not as nice as having the actual voltage left displaying), and love the nice clicky buttons. No matter how you look at it this is one helluva value for $60.

That's weird. Mine doesn't need any spacer for 18650 mode. The battery will clink from side to side a tiny bit inside the tube if i shake it, but it's never lost the connection on me. Could it be that you didn't get the Version 2 with the longer spring and updated chip? Who did you order from?

I could see some problems developing with it down the road, but it's been rock-solid so far. Anything with a non-mechanical switch, screen, or chip could eventually fail... but I would confidently say the Vamo seems better-built than my Infinity Pro, and I've dropped that thing like a dozen times over the last year and a half and it still works.

Got it from Smoktek, it has the long spring and chip, what batteries do you have? I have AW IMR and flat top efests. Smoktek said the "recommended batteries" were efest version 2's which have a nipple.
I have the same batts in both nipple and flat top, and they both work perfectly without issue. In fact i had to look to see which I had, which is how I discovered that Smoktek had sent me one of each. Very weird. I'm bummed you're having these problems!

Weird indeed, pbusardo talked about the same issue in his review, that made me feel a little bit better lol. My spacers should get her today so it will be problem solved. I've been using it in 18350 mode w/o issue and loving it so don't feel too bad for me :) This device is probably my best vape buy of the year, even taking the issue into consideration.